• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Favorite Sci-Fi Movies with Guns

Bushmaster7

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2002
CONUS
OK, let's give this a try just for some fun. What are your five favorite Sci-Fi movies that also featured real or futuristic firearms? I will throw out a few of mine; but sure there are plenty more:

1. The "Terminator" Series - all of them
2. The "Predator" Series - especially the first "Predator" with Ventura's Mini-Gun and the last "Predators" with the AA-12.
3. "Blade Runner" - Deckhard had an awesome blaster type handgun
4."Escape from New York" - who can forget 'Snake Plissken'
5. "Forbidden Planet" - yes they had guns, 'blasters' to be specific

Regards, Dale

Just remembered "Fifth Element" as well. It had a great combo auto rifle and grenade launcher in the flick.

Predators

District 9

Hey, all...; what's the downlow on District 10?

(Edited to add: Outland)

Last edited:
And who could forget the "Samaritan" from the Hellboy movies. Now that was a big gun! Makes the Desert Eagle look small. Also shown is the Blade Runner Deckhard revolver actually made from a Steyr Mannlicher action as someone recently pointed out to me. This is getting to be too much fun, need to return to reality. Also here is a link to a web site that has ALL of the guns used in movies by type, what a blast.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Category:Gun

Attachments

• Deckhard 1.jpg
    Deckhard 1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Good Samaritan 2.jpg
    Good Samaritan 2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Good Samaritan 1.jpg
    Good Samaritan 1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 18
OK, I said enough; but had to put up just one more - the EM-1 Rail Gun from the Movie "Eraser". Now that was one bad ass rifle:

Attachments

• Eraser Rail Gun EM-2.jpg
    Eraser Rail Gun EM-2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 16
The 5th Element gun was the best: homing bullets, net gun, freeze ray, flame thrower, missile launcher, and self-destruct big red button. There's really no topping that.

After that I'd say the cartoon revolver in Roger Rabbit that shoots out talking hillbilly bullets, if that counts for sci-fi.

Planet of the Apes, originals and remakes.
Serenity
Cowboys and Aliens

Added:

Oh Yeah, Buck Rodgers....but not for the guns. Who wouldn't want to be on set 24/7 with Erin Grey in her tight little outfits.:cool::rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:
Firefly and Serenity
Iron Sky (nazi moon ppl)
Lunopolis
Independence Day (as a pilot, the idea that we're all issued F-16 and led into battle by the President is awesome!)
Below
Love
Chernobyl Diaries - gotta love this movie.

Firefly and Serenity
Iron Sky (nazi moon ppl)
Lunopolis
Independence Day (as a pilot, the idea that we're all issued F-16 and led into battle by the President is awesome!)
Below
Love
Chernobyl Diaries - gotta love this movie.

They were F/A-18's

They were F/A-18's

Negative Ghost Rider.

Will Smith and the Marines flew F/A-18's, but Aur0ra is talking about the final scene where they round up anyone with flight experience, give them a crash course in F-16 avionics and send them into battle against the aliens.

Negative Ghost Rider.

Will Smith and the Marines flew F/A-18's, but Aur0ra is talking about the final scene where they round up anyone with flight experience, give them a crash course in F-16 avionics and send them into battle against the aliens.

You mean where the officer giving the lecture specifically states "this is an f/18" ?
Sorry, I must of been confused, and when you consider there is not a single flight combat scene with an f 16 in the entire damned movie. There are, however a couple of shots of the f 16 sitting on the ground.