• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Stock for a Savage Mk ll or (Lakefield)

alien319

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2007
PA
www.curtispittman.net
What is your favorite aftermarket stock for a Savage Mk II or (Lakefield Arms in my case) Mk II. I am looking to upgrade my stock but can't seem to find a whole lot for these models. If you guys know of some please let me know. I did e-mail Bell and Carlson about the thread on here but it doesn't look good for this. Thanks in advance.

Brent

Re: Favorite Stock for a Savage Mk ll or (Lakefield)

Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Gunstocks will fit any of his stocks to your MK II for around $100 over the regular cost of the stock.

Really? I have heard a lot about him. He sounds like a very good 'smith. Would you happen to know the turnaround time for this?

I know there will be a wait that's why I asked? Just trying to gauge the situation. I've heard of wait times of 18 months for rifles before, didn't know how long, I am not waiting that long for my .22LR if it would be for a stock, you know?

I just ordered one of these:

JV_CatalogPic.jpg

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/
Was told that I would be waiting 6 weeks

Yeah they seem like a decent stock as well. We'll see I guess. I wish that Bell and Carlson would make that stock for us MKII users.

I really wish someone made a good fiberglass stock for this action. I shoot monthly 22 tactical matches and my rifle has gotten really dirty and pretty wet.

The laminated BTVS stock is starting to show some wear and I'm worried about it eventually splitting. Its not even a year old yet. Don't think it was ever meant to see this kind of action, heh.

Maybe I should just seal and Krylon the thing.