• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Super Squirrel Sniper Rifle

Highbrass

Pew Tang Clan
Minuteman
I found a neat little 22 for my grandson, a Savage model 71
it's a nifty little single shot that was based on a much older design of the Stevens Favorite.
The Stevens came out late 1880s and was chambered in 22 Rimfire 25 Rimfire and 32 Rimfire.
I happened across an antique in 32 but did not realize until later that it was a rimfire.
Ammunition production stopped in the 1940s for 32 Rim.
I had my gunsmith perform a conversion to 32 S&W which should work well enough for an antique squirrel sniper rifle!
Favorite.jpg

Last edited:
I found a neat little 22 for my grandson, a Savage model 71
it's a nifty little single shot that was based on a much older design of the Stevens Favorite.
The Stevens came out late 1880s and was chambered in 22 Rimfire 25 Rimfire and 32 Rimfire.
I happened across an antique in 32 but did not realize until later that it was a rimfire.
Ammunition production stopped in the 1940s for 32 Rim.
I had my gunsmith perform a conversion to 32 S&W which should work well enough for an antique sniper rifle!
View attachment 7766531
Love those little drop Blocks. I have a couple and one with a Marbles Tang site is hard on squirrels.

Great gun may your grandsons be the Carlos Hathcock of squirrel control!

Sirhr

Last edited:
Reactions: ZG47A
Mine is the police marksman rifle PSG1 or the L96A1 AI. I own the PSG1. The L96A1 is a never. I would love to own a vintage AI. Reading the Green Meanie book really makes you appreciate the history of it.

Last edited:

One of these really transforms a “favorite” model. Increases sight radius 50’percent!

Can’t wait for a range report!

Sirhr