• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Faxon barrel

chopit

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
Odem Texas
Well tried my faxon 308 heavy fluted AR barrel on aero upper n lower. 140 rounds of 168 fgmm, 175 fgmm, ppu 168. Best it will shoot is 2 moa at 100 yds in a lead sled. I changed scopes and mounts today and removed muzzle break. Shot another 80 rounds today and 1.5 moa one time the rest was same as yesterday all 2 moa. I am gonna take the barrel back off look at it good and retorque it and try again. If that dont work i am going to do what i should have done in the first place and buy a proof or bartlein.

Hope it settles. My 308 AR build, with Criterion barrel, was shooting minute of head the first time out. 3” spread. ?. Then settled to 1 MOA 10 rd groups with FGMM. Good luck.

How many rounds till it started shooting better? I think if it aint shooting in 200 rounds its just not gonna shoot. I just pulled the barrel off and i dont see anything obvious. I painted the mating surfaces from the upper, barrel flange and barrel nut with machist blue to make sure everything was making contact correctly. It all looked good. I guess i will put it all back together and give it another hundred rounds.

How many rounds till it started shooting better? I think if it aint shooting in 200 rounds its just not gonna shoot. I just pulled the barrel off and i dont see anything obvious. I painted the mating surfaces from the upper, barrel flange and barrel nut with machist blue to make sure everything was making contact correctly. It all looked good. I guess i will put it all back together and give it another hundred rounds.
It was shooting better within 200, easily.

I just got off their site. They don’t have an accuracy guarantee and have a break-in procedure. So the first thing they’ll want to know is if you followed their procedure. Good luck.

Without any other info, try shooting off of sandbags and don’t forget good fundamentals. Stick with one ammo per session. Don’t get frustrated and try forcing better groups. I was very disappointed when I first shot that barrel, as it was my first 100% build for me. But stuck it out and am damn pleased.

I tried off bags also. I have shot 3 and 5 round strings letting tbe barrel cool between each string. Its not me or the ammo. I sent them an email I dont really expect much other than the barrel going in the safe and buying a proof.