• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Faxon Barrels and Delta Team Tactical: Any Experience with Them?

rg1911

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
I've been looking for a pistol upper in .300Black Out. Cost is, unfortunately, an issue.

Delta Team Tactical *seems* to have the most reasonable prices for pistol upper receivers with barrel and handguard. However, in my limited price range, all the barrels are Faxon. While I'm not expecting the accuracy of my PRS rifle, I would like the barrel to be at least somewhat accurate.

Does anyone have experience with Faxon barrels (and perhaps Delta Team Tactical)?

Thank you,
Richard

Faxon barrels are good, decent quality for a ok price (prices are better during sales). Every single one of mine have been sub-moa (5 shot groups) with handloads and factory match loads (Hornady Match and FGMM). The gas port sizes tend to be on the larger end and thus usually leads to over gassed rifles. I highly recommend an adjustable gas block, a reduced size gas tube (BRT EZtune), or start with H2 buffers and probably even go up to H3's.

Delta Team Tactical is a drop shipper that is notorious for terrible to non-existent customer service, incorrect inventory, slow shipping, long backorders, out of spec builds that take multiple shipments back and forth to correct. People have however gotten lucky and have had good experiences with fantastic prices. YMMV, caveat emptor, etc.

Edited - If you're really on a budget, the lowest price 300blk upper I would recommend would be Palmetto State Armory uppers. Not the highest quality products, but serviceable and their CS is fair to good.

1639608835734.png

Last edited:
Reactions: rg1911
I would recommend a built .300 BLK. They are different enough from AR15 .223. Most of us have years of experience with an AR15, but a .300 BLK has different characteristics. For example, my basic policy is never use anything shorter than 10.3" barrel and carbine gas on a 5.56mm. However, on .300 BLK, 7" barrels are very common. They are different enough, that you should buy a built gun, until you become an expert. I favor the DD DDM4, but you will spend $2k, and then likely have to Form 1 as an NFA item at some point.

Do it right, or wait.

When it comes to products and service, you can go cheap and no customer service, like Optics Planet, or you can go high touch and spend a little more. I like to think our firm, and handful of others fall in that category. Delta Team is part of three companies that real offers only a price advantage, and every now and then you can find something with them and their sister companies, but not often. We got some military surplus barrels earlier this year. Much of their products would not meet our minimum standards. And no customer service.

PSA has a carry over reputation as a cheap company, but they actually do not sell junk. They do not sell prime quality, but they have some solid values, and reasonable customer service. Not much expertise on the phone, but you can call and email and get a response. With JSE Capitals acquisitions of the bankrupt Remington brands, PSA actually is becoming one of the up and coming mega brands.

PSA Masterrace FTW

They have good deals on lowers too

I've bought several of their lowers/uppers in the past few months and not one issue. LPK was nicely packed and everything was labeled vs several years ago when I opened the box and everything had been dumped in loosey goosey.

Thank you to all for the excellent information and advice. I shall definitely take it to heart and proceed with caution.

Cheers,
Richard