• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors F'd up class 3 transfer...what would you do?

bsp212

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2007
Porter, TX
Normal chain of events for Louisiana transfer.

1) Purchase item (suppressor).
2) Send LASP transfer (dealer to dealer) paperwork in for approval
3) Upon return of LASP paperwork, send NFA papers in for approval.
4) Item arrives at SOT in Louisiana.
5) Send LASP transfer (dealer to owner) paperwork in for approval.
6) Upon return of LASP paperwork, send NFA papers in for approval.
7) SOT transfers item to owner.

My chain of events:

1) Purchase 2 suppressors
2) 1 arrives at SOT within 1 month, the other 3 months and nothing. Original dealer keeps saying waiting to receive LASP paperwork, SOT in LA says waiting on original dealer's paperwork.....
3) 1 more month goes by...I call LASP and get copy of paperwork faxed to me, suppressor #2 arrives at SOT in LA 1 week later.
4) I fill out LASP & NFA paperwork and drop off with $ for tax stamps.
5) 1 month goes by....SOT tells me "I have your paperwork back from LASP & we're waiting on NFA"
6) 2 months go by....I call NFA - no record of transaction
7) I call SOT, he states "I'm waiting on LASP paperwork"
8) I call LASP - no record of transaction
9) SOT puts new person in charge of Class 3 transfers - I am assured it will get done.
10) 4 weeks go by.....LASP has not received anything so I send papers myself.
11) 2 weeks go by....LASP sends my papers back because SOT has not sent registration papers in
12) I call new guy, he says he will handle it....
13) 6 weeks go by to today....I find out all of the paperwork is still sitting in my file..

What would you do? This guy has had $2400 of my money tied up (for 12 months exactly) in suppressors and tax stamp funds that I can't get.

Any one have any suggestions other than not using him again?

Sad part about it is the other guy in my area that does transfers is worse...

Re: F'd up class 3 transfer...what would you do?

At least you got to start your NFA paperwork, I paid for my can in Feb and I am still waiting.

My suppressors have been sitting in my SOT's safe since early September 2008.

i always do the paperwork myself and send it certified return reciept requested. i know it got there and who signed for it,then i wait and wait and wait. if item is not instock at dealer i do not pay in full,EVER.to easy to forget about you when they have all your moneys.can comes and i pay balance ,then send paperwork.

Problems are at my SOT. The other dealers sent the cans, both of them have been at my dealer since Sept. 08. I can't get my dealer to get his shit together and keep getting BS statements from him about what's been done.

When NFA transfers go south, contact the BATFE. A call from a friendly agent has a way of moving things along if it's the dealer screwing things up.

Monkey business with restricted items is a good way for a shop to get their FFL pulled.

threads like this make me even more thankful for the dealers that I've interacted with in the past. While the wait isn't exactly fun, my NFA transfers have been 100% seamless. Good luck with your situation
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When NFA transfers go south, contact the BATFE. A call from a friendly agent has a way of moving things along if it's the dealer screwing things up.

Monkey business with restricted items is a good way for a shop to get their FFL pulled. </div></div>

But losing one of only 2 area dealers is a BAD thing

Not if he handles business the way you described!!!! What's the use in having a dealer that won't get the job done???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsp212</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normal chain of events for Louisiana transfer.

My chain of events:

2) 1 arrives at SOT within 1 month, the other 3 months and nothing. Original dealer keeps saying waiting to receive LASP paperwork, SOT in LA says waiting on original dealer's paperwork.....
3) 1 more month goes by...I call LASP and get copy of paperwork faxed to me, suppressor #2 arrives at SOT in LA 1 week later.
5) 1 month goes by....SOT tells me "I have your paperwork back from LASP & we're waiting on NFA"
9) SOT puts new person in charge of Class 3 transfers - I am assured it will get done.
11) 2 weeks go by....LASP sends my papers back because SOT has not sent registration papers in
13) 6 weeks go by to today....I find out all of the paperwork is still sitting in my file..

What would you do? This guy has had $2400 of my money tied up (for 12 months exactly) in suppressors and tax stamp funds that I can't get.

Sad part about it is the other guy in my area that does transfers is worse... </div></div>

That Sucks..

Here's what you do.. after you go pick up your paperwork and send it yourself to BATFE, wait...wait somemore then when you get your stuff, don't deal with them again.. Then for future purchases contact
Landry308 on silencertalk.com.. He is excellent to work with and a regular poster on there.. He's located in Houma..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When NFA transfers go south, contact the BATFE. A call from a friendly agent has a way of moving things along if it's the dealer screwing things up.

Monkey business with restricted items is a good way for a shop to get their FFL pulled. </div></div>

But losing one of only 2 area dealers is a BAD thing </div></div>

Nature abhors a vacuum. If the opportunity to open a viable business exists, someone will do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When NFA transfers go south, contact the BATFE. A call from a friendly agent has a way of moving things along if it's the dealer screwing things up.

BINGO. This would have been my route of activity by the 2nd time he screwed up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1....

If they are dicking you around, then you can bet you aren't the only one.

Start a LLC, file for your FFL/SOT and get in business. </div></div>

And then remember why you got in the business and don't dick people over...
smile.gif

SHIT!!!!

we got a guy here in Corpus Christi that has been pulling shit on people for years like this and the ATF won't do shit. this guy has fucked dozens of people out of thousands of dollars and the ATF guys know his name by hart....but he is still doing business.....oh ya he is a Class 2 manufacture of allthings....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When NFA transfers go south, contact the BATFE. A call from a friendly agent has a way of moving things along if it's the dealer screwing things up.

SHIT!!!!

we got a guy here in Corpus Christi that has been pulling shit on people for years like this and the ATF won't do shit. this guy has fucked dozens of people out of thousands of dollars and the ATF guys know his name by hart....but he is still doing business.....oh ya he is a Class 2 manufacture of allthings....
</div></div>

so who is it? you might save some Hiders a lot of frustration by letting them know the name of the individual who has been F'ing people for years...-cam

"SHOOTERS DEPOT"
avoid them like the plauge. he lists stuff on guns america and gun broker....the guy is a piece of shit. he makes his own suppressors using carbon fiber tubes and cast baffels he make on his jewery casting machine....i know several guys that have had baffel strikes from them being out of alinement and he charges the price of a new one to repair the old one.

also if you give him your money he submits the paper work then when it gets back from the ATF he starts the can and it might take him 6 months to finish it.

plus he sells full auto AR-15s and loads them up with AIRSOFT accessories that are cheap as hell but charges three times what mil-spec shit would cost.....

every one in the gun world in our area wants to see this guy go away but the ATF doesn't do shit....

also his claim to fame is making SBR's the damn things don't run at all.....they are just realy neat looking single shots that look like AR's or AK's....ATF guys says that "makeing shit products is not against the law".....

feel free to look him up.

or give him a call....name is : George Kumbus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"SHOOTERS DEPOT"
also if you give him your money he submits the paper work then when it gets back from the ATF he starts the can and it might take him 6 months to finish it.</div></div>

Which paperwork? Form 2 or Form 3? A Form 2 isn't supposed to be filed until the NFA device has been manufactured - and then by the close of the next business day. Also, when a Form 3 or Form 4 comes back approved, the transfer is supposed to take place within a business day or so.

Re the time frame once Form 3 or 4 is approved.. This was the answer I received from an ATF Investigator: "There are no regulations pertaining to the time it takes to transfer the weapon, once the Form 3 has been approved."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcr229</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"SHOOTERS DEPOT"
also if you give him your money he submits the paper work then when it gets back from the ATF he starts the can and it might take him 6 months to finish it.</div></div>

Which paperwork? Form 2 or Form 3? A Form 2 isn't supposed to be filed until the NFA device has been manufactured - and then by the close of the next business day. Also, when a Form 3 or Form 4 comes back approved, the transfer is supposed to take place within a business day or so.
</div></div>

Do you have proof of that? I dealt with a company in the next county over (Doublestar) and they made me make an appointment to come pick up my suppressors. They had bullshit after bullshit excuse why I couldnt come same day as paperwork showing up. One day they told me their driveway was being paved, I came a week later and it was still as always, gravel road.

Then my next group of cans came in 2 weeks later, they told me their computer systems could not be booted up because lightning had hit. Funny thing was, we hadnt had any storms in weeks!

They seem like they dont want any business and they can constitute when I can come pick up MY PROPERTY?! I had to threaten them with calling that ATF to get my stuff picked up within a few days. My last can that got approved to them was over a year ago, they called me at 8:30am and said it would be 2 weeks before I could come collect it. I called the ATF and they told me the class 3 dealer had 60 days to deliver my item then they would be investigated.....

Some class 3 shops are full of shit!

The guy I use now is private and when my paperwork hits his mailbox he calls me and meets me anywhere in town or comes out to my house.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcr229</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"SHOOTERS DEPOT"

</div></div>

Do you have proof of that?</div></div>

Sorry, no. That was the policy at one place I worked, and assumed it was law (more fool me) so that's what I do now with my business. There's no set time to transfer in the ATF Firearm FAQ's on NFA transfers, only that it should happen 'as soon as possible'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy I use now is private and when my paperwork hits his mailbox he calls me and meets me anywhere in town or comes out to my house. </div></div>

Good to hear you found someone better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1....

If they are dicking you around, then you can bet you aren't the only one.

Start a LLC, file for your FFL/SOT and get in business. </div></div>

Thats what I did. I take care of my people. Screw dealers that dont give a shit about you. They only exist because people continue to feed them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsp212</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normal chain of events for Louisiana transfer.

My chain of events:

Sad part about it is the other guy in my area that does transfers is worse... </div></div>

That Sucks..

Here's what you do.. after you go pick up your paperwork and send it yourself to BATFE, wait...wait somemore then when you get your stuff, don't deal with them again.. Then for future purchases contact
Landry308 on silencertalk.com.. He is excellent to work with and a regular poster on there.. He's located in Houma.. </div></div>

I just tried to register on there and it was a no go. Can't use my yahoo email so I guess i am fucked. Is Larry a member on here or can you PM me his contact info?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsp212</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normal chain of events for Louisiana transfer.

My chain of events:

That Sucks..

Landry308 on silencertalk.com.. He is excellent to work with and a regular poster on there.. He's located in Houma.. </div></div>

I just tried to register on there and it was a no go. Can't use my yahoo email so I guess i am fucked. Is Larry a member on here or can you PM me his contact info? </div></div>

I assume he is talking about Landry's Guns, if so then...

http://www.landrysguns.com/