• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FDE Flashlights

Sharpline

Taco
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2009
Colorado.
I am currently in the process of building a FDE Ar15, and I am-thankfully-nearing completion. I always enjoy having a light on my ar15's and am planning on putting one on my new one also but I am having a difficult time finding a FDE model which meets the specs I like. I like my flashlights to be LED with at least 100 lumens, use C123's and have a push button on/off cap. I have a budget of about $200 for this one, not including the mount. Currently i have only found the INOVA INFORCE.

I do not know much about this company, would I have to use their flashlight mount, if not what is the diameter of the body? Am I better off going with a Surefire (E2d led defender) and painting it?

Any ideas are welcome.
Thank you.

Re: FDE Flashlights

I would recomend going with a Surefire. Inova makes some nice lights from what I've head but if you wnat the best I'd go with a Surefire. There lights are awsome and almost indestructible.

It would be your choice but if I were going to mount it to the weapon I probably wouldn't go with the E2D because on the back it has the striking areas that could interfere with operation. Depending on what you want to use for a mount the E2D could work fine. With a Surefire unless you step up to a true weapon light your likely going to have to paint it anyway so I would really look at the G2D Fire rescue or if size isn't overly a concern the G3D Fire rescue which has a longer run time both of them meet your light out put and LED criteria.

It's not what you said that your looking for but the X300 lists for $250 but that comes with the mount and everything all inclusive and ready to go so that may be worth you consideration.

Good Luck with your purchase.
JMC

I would not get the E2DL or the G2D or G3D because they are multi stage lights. They have high and lows and weaponlights should only be a high output. If you are going to be using it on a rifle you need something that is only a 1 stage light.

The new G2L's are going to be 120 lumens and they come in tan. If you want to go to a dedicated weaponlight the M300A comes in tan is a one battery light and puts out 110 lumens. It has a clickie tailcap and a tailcap with a 7 inch tapeswitch for $335 but you can find them used for less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would not get the E2DL or the G2D or G3D because they are multi stage lights. They have high and lows and weaponlights should only be a high output. If you are going to be using it on a rifle you need something that is only a 1 stage light.

The new G2L's are going to be 120 lumens and they come in tan. If you want to go to a dedicated weaponlight the M300A comes in tan is a one battery light and puts out 110 lumens. It has a clickie tailcap and a tailcap with a 7 inch tapeswitch for $335 but you can find them used for less.

</div></div>

Sorry I didn't realize that the above lights were multistage. I would definately agree with what chucky said about them then. I have a G2 non LED mounted to a front sight rail on my department's AR and it has worked well. Ya it's not what I would pick as my first choice (I'd still go with a Surefire) but my department is small and we had to go with something that is the best that we could get without spending too much money. Maybe in the future we can upgrade to a Scout Weapon light system. That would be my choice because I haven't been able to get used to a vertical griop mounts. My brother has one that he likes and used in Iraq, maybe I can borrow his now tha he's back and I'd change my mind?
JMC

JMC