• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FDE NIGHTFORCE scopes (and mounts) finally available to COMMERCIAL MARKET!

Color is definitely different and varies in color due to the anodizing. Based on the .mil versions I saw all over SHOT.

Not selling things to the citizens of the US but only the governments enforcers is kinda un-American when it’s just a simple optic. Guess holding out gets all the cosplay types all wet 🤷‍♂️

Like the kac “usmc” buis

The DMx Reticle is now an option on the NX8 1-8 and capped e/w is standard.
I'm glad that they finally did this. The NX8 reticle was holding back an otherwise capable optic from competing in price/performance with a lot of other LPVO options...

Reactions: TheOE800
I'm glad that they finally did this. The NX8 reticle was holding back an otherwise capable optic from competing in price/performance with a lot of other LPVO options...

Got to wonder why they didn't do this to begin with. I was thinking they were afraid of cannibalizing ATACR sales if they brought out an NX8 with a DMx but seeing as it's out now... I'm wondering if I should get an NX8 instead lol

Reactions: deersniper
Got to wonder why they didn't do this to begin with. I was thinking they were afraid of cannibalizing ATACR sales if they brought out an NX8 with a DMx but seeing as it's out now... I'm wondering if I should get an NX8 instead lol
I think that you're right about that: the fear of cannibalizing ATACR sales with the same reticle is definitely a real one given the pricing difference between the two optics and their similarity at face value... That being said, NF has a long history of making quality optics and perhaps they felt that Primary Arms was eating their lunch with the Platinum 1-8 and their ACSS Griffin MIL reticles competing for the same relative price point and feature set. Whatever the case, I'm glad to see them put a much more capable reticle in the NX8 - an optic that I wrote off completely years ago due to the reticle not being what I wanted...

Want. When are they making mil-xt in a 2.5-20 and the 4x32. Gonna give nf a real shot, finally. Maybe i should stick to the atacr line though, but damn i like the numbers on the nx8 line!

Got an NX8 today, interestingly beside my LRTS it’s a touch lighter which is nice. Nowhere near the hue of a Razor to my eyes. The LRTS looks a touch purple in comparison.

8D4F537F-4B2D-42B4-B490-39FC006F310A.jpeg
6A0C212E-D34E-4BFA-BE84-E78DF51666FD.jpeg

Reactions: Glassaholic
Are the scopes the same anodized color as the rings? Was thinking of getting a set of FDE rings because I need another 34mm set.

I don't want lavender rings. From the pics the scopes don't look flat, dark, or earthy.

game warden, is the mount on yours a FDE or black? can't quite tell from the pic, if FDE, is the shade significantly darker? or is it the lighting?

pretty pic btw

Are the scopes the same anodized color as the rings? Was thinking of getting a set of FDE rings because I need another 34mm set.

I don't want lavender rings. From the pics the scopes don't look flat, dark, or earthy.

game warden, is the mount on yours a FDE or black? can't quite tell from the pic, if FDE, is the shade significantly darker? or is it the lighting?

pretty pic btw

Of the ones I've seen in person, some of the mounts are slightly darker than some of the scopes and almost never lighter. Certainly not lavender.

pretty pic btw
FDE, and the mount matches perfectly. Only thing that is slightly darker is the throw lever knob.

here are a few pics of the NX8 FDE and NF FDE mount side by side with a Geissele DDC to compare too. It seems to sort of change colors with the light pretty cool effect, where as the DDC stays the same color.

like @gamewarden said though the NF mount and scope are a great and very close (if not perfeect) match.

Attachments

• 4F9863E7-5A44-4738-91F0-1595D6E14772.jpeg
    4F9863E7-5A44-4738-91F0-1595D6E14772.jpeg
    902.3 KB · Views: 104
  • B271D5BF-FCE0-49B4-818C-10CC4637FC64.jpeg
    B271D5BF-FCE0-49B4-818C-10CC4637FC64.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 112
  • BE5F3533-EF9E-48AC-93B5-710CB2D2CB5A.jpeg
    BE5F3533-EF9E-48AC-93B5-710CB2D2CB5A.jpeg
    810.6 KB · Views: 102
Getting ready to get a c667 NF NX8, still trying to find a NF mount that i can use on my MDT HNT 26.

The mounts I have found look like they belong on an AR, not on a bolt gun or am I mistaken?

Getting ready to get a c667 NF NX8, still trying to find a NF mount that i can use on my MDT HNT 26.

The mounts I have found look like they belong on an AR, not on a bolt gun or am I mistaken?
A677 for medium 30mm rings

Reactions: TACC
Can anyone with an A696 or similar Xtreme Duty mount measure the distance between the insides of each ring cap… need to make sure they will clear non-NF turret housings.

Can anyone with an A696 or similar Xtreme Duty mount measure the distance between the insides of each ring cap… need to make sure they will clear non-NF turret housings.
2.85" on a NF compact magmount, 34mm, 3 bolts, 1.5" height

that is the distance between the back of the front ring to the front of the back ring, so the distance between the rings for the scope turret housing

A361 or A362, don't know which as it's like 8 years old

2.85" on a NF compact magmount, 34mm, 3 bolts, 1.5" height

that is the distance between the back of the front ring to the front of the back ring, so the distance between the rings for the scope turret housing

A361 or A362, don't know which as it's like 8 years old

Thanks, was looking for the Xtreme Duty distance because it’s obviously different than the Legacy magmounts. But 2.5” should still clear a majority of current production turret housings.

Thanks gents.

Pictures worth a 1000 words, anyone have a picture of the FDE NF scope next to an actual Cerakote FDE upper, just trying to get an idea of what shade the NF FDE truly is...

^^^ White balance way off, but at least I see it next to FDE, it's quite a bit different, I think I'll stick with black. Thanks.