• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

February 2010 HardRock Match

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The first HR match of the 2010 series will be held on February 6th, with a practice day on February 5th. I'm making the announcement a little early so shooters can have time to get their cold weather gear out and practice with it. The match is held rain or shine unless the civil authorities close the roads; which hasn't happened yet, and probably won't unless we get an inch or more of snow on the roads. (Yes, durned Yankees can laugh about this.)

The short version of the COF and rules is: 5 rounds at each 600, 800, 900 and 1k target with a 1 MOA 10 point bullseye and a 2 MOA 5 point scoring ring in 20 minutes. No sighters, no wind flags, and you have ring steel with at least one of your first five shots. For a full copy of the schedule and rules, please send me a PM with your First and Last name, along with your email address.

A reminder: The March match will be shot without a practice day. It is not recommend for new shooters, who are welcome to come by and listen to all the new excuses.

Looking forwards to seeing everyone at the match,
DocB

Re: February 2010 HardRock Match

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, an Friday night chow. Being retired now, Alan will have to drive a little slower with us Social Security/AARP types in the back.

GF,

Wait till Huskey gets in a hurry. In the meantime, I'll let OSOK handle as much of the driving as possible.

Have fun,
DocB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait till Huskey gets in a hurry. </div></div>

Huskey in a hurry, surely you jest.
grin.gif

Right now, the county road is horrible, bring four wheel drive... Dead serious on this.

I am doing what I can to get the worst of it fixed, but not too hopeful.

If it rains much more before the match it will be "Sporty" even for 4 w/d, in about 3 spots. Lots of 4X4's down there, get a cell phone number someone will come an get you out, or meet you at the store an ferry you down an back.

If I get the chance, I'll test the road with the ATB.

Have fun,
DocB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I get the chance, I'll test the road with the ATB.

Have fun,
DocB</div></div>

The "All Terrain Beemer" Alan?? Be sure to take your camera so you can record the degree of stuckness!

Whew, I was there last weekend also and it was harrowing riding out there in the white range truck (4wd and all). Soupy, bumpy, and soggy.

Hopefully we'll have a dry spell before the first HR match!

David

Alan ,

I am planning on shooting the pratice and the match .

Howard Pitts

Howard,

We'll look forwards to seeing you again.

Thanks,
Alan

I don't have a 4wd at this time . Just wondering about bumming a ride from the store , if I can not find someone to ride down to the match that does have a 4wd .
Howard

I been known to show up in a 85 Celica. You'll be fine Howard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I been known to show up in a 85 Celica. You'll be fine Howard.</div></div>

If it's been raining, you won't be fine in anything other than a 4WD. It was rough down there weekend before last....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I been known to show up in a 85 Celica. You'll be fine Howard. </div></div>

Huskey sends earlier:
"Right now, the county road is horrible, bring four wheel drive... Dead serious on this.
I am doing what I can to get the worst of it fixed, but not too hopeful."

At some point, Jason will learn to listen to his elders... We were pulling people out this weekend.....

Howard,

I will be at the store about 0600 to 0630 Friday an Sat. both, your more than welcome to ride with me or follow me, your choice.

Kenneth

DT,

Didn't get to test it this weekend, I'll bring Will with me next weekend and let him pull me out if I get stuck...

Have fun,
DocB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I been known to show up in a 85 Celica. You'll be fine Howard. </div></div>

Huskey sends earlier:
"Right now, the county road is horrible, bring four wheel drive... Dead serious on this.
I am doing what I can to get the worst of it fixed, but not too hopeful."

At some point, Jason will learn to listen to his elders... We were pulling people out this weekend.....
</div></div>

I missed that part... Reading comprehension lacks.

He who blocks road, will be the only one muddy at the Management block of instruction, given at the Scean
laugh.gif

After a VERY muddy day AND three large loads of gravel, the road is passable to two wheel drive traffic (for now). There are places to avoid though, drive around the "deep" ruts.

We expect to have more rain, but I will work to keep the road up before the match. Will post future warnings.

As usual, my private road in the property is better than the county road.

A MAJOR WARNING.
Those of you who drive in from Hwy 51. Don't.... If Russel County doesn't blade the road, it is impassable to lesser four wheel drive vehicles right now. We got through...

I hope to finally make it back down, haven't been since 2006. Not gonna be able to get off work for the practice day, but is it still possible to put a few rounds down range first thing Sat morning?

Looking forward to it,

Adam

Seems like they are doing a good job of warning everyone about the roads in and to plan for it but in a funny way of looking at it you'd begin to think you'd need a multipassenger combination rock crawler, mud buggy, hovercraft vehicle with the ability to carry a load of gravel in with you to spread while also having room to carry all their equipment to get in there.

Hope the roads hold up for everyone and a great weekend of shooting is had by all. Summer will be here shortly and we'll all be complaining about sweat in our eyes while peering thru the scope.

Topstrap

Adam,

PM sent.

ltfh,

It's in central Alabama; if you would like more details, see the first post.

TS,

It's usually not a problem unless really wet, but the logging trucks create some ugly, deep, long potholes which will grab the wheels of your vehicle and run you into places which will hang the undercarriage of anything with less than 2' of ground clearance. I've also driven out when you couldn't see the road for 2-3 hundred yards due to the 6" of water covering it.

jhuskey,

Thanks for fixing it so we can come by and have a good time.

Have fun,
DocB

Thanks for the offer Kenneth . Noway that I can make it that early , I will get off from work at 5:00 am in Tullahoma ,TN . I am hoping to get there about 11:00 am .
Howard

Good day,

HardRock weather report:

Rainy Thursday and Friday. Friday low of around 40, Saturday high around 50. Cloudy Saturday, wind from the ESE at 15mph or so.

We will not cancel the match due to the weather. I don't believe the State will be closing the road due to flooding, but stay tuned. Be slow and careful driving to the range, but not too slow. You get stuck that way. Even the ATB will be taking it easy.

See everyone at the match,
DocB

I was planning on getting some practice in friday but it looks like all will be doing is sitting in the rain .Who else is going to be there friday ???? will you be there DOC.??

Not gonna make this match! Good luck to everyone!

Ed

Ronald an I will be there both days as well,...Most HR shooters are not just Fair Weather shooters,...anyway.
Besides shooting a good score, in good weather, means what?
shocked.gif

Forrest,

I'll be there. Wind on Friday is supposed to be from the WNW at 8, so I'll know to triple that amount to the other direction on Saturday. If the wind is actually from the direction the forecasters say, it will be a header on Friday and a lifter on Saturday. Anyway, the rain will wash all the BS down to the pond...

Ed,

We'll miss you, but some folks (myself included) will be glad you decided to let someone else place in the top three. Now if we could get M. Brown to miss a match or two...

Will,

Ed said you could have his score, you just have to shoot it.

Have fun,
DocB

IF I shot one of Ed's usual scores it would be A) In my dreams, B) require immediate medical evac due to cardiac arrest, C) Someone is messing with the targets !!

Hell, If I was the only one to shoot in my class I'd probably end up 3rd !!

Road is no problem "At This Time" w/2wd truck,... low riders better to follow a 4X4 truck.

Me,Frankie,Chase and a new shooter will be there Saturday morning @ 08:00.

I have two nightforce 5.5-22 nxs scopes w/ Npr1 reticle,.250 moa knob's and a 6.5-20x 50 Leupold that I am selling after I shoot them at this match. If anyone is interested come look through them at the match.

I am switching to the dark side (mil rad Nightforces).

See ya there,

Mike

I am on my way down now , hope I don't get washed away getting there .

Howard

It's gonna be messy! Rained hard last night, still raining this morning.

I bet that road is a mess for sure, just being worked and all. We've had close to 1.6 inches since the middle of the night in the area.

Had a great time today even though I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It was good to see some familiar faces as well as meet some new folks. Looking forward to next time. Thank you Capt. Huskey for all you do to make this possible. Thanks to Gene and Alan for making things run safely and smoothly.

Thanks to everyone who helps to make this match happen.

I realy enjoyed the huskey mudbog 2010 , I got to put some rds downrange and test out my all terrain tires all in one day.

Congrats in 223 and ATG Mike, you are truely a force to be reckoned with , now if we can just turn you to the dark side!!!!

Warren, congrats in 308.

Ed Baker , congratulations in the I didn't show up class.
laugh.gif

And last but not least , congratulations to all of the " help, my truck has fallen in a mudhole and can't get out class.
shocked.gif

Good day,

I sent the scores out about 1600 CDT. I did add all the new address to the address book and the mailing list, so everyone should get the results. Please wait 24 hours before letting me know they didn't arrive.

The folks at the Goo-Goo car wash made me wait five minutes before rolling the car through the wash, but they surrendered. The ATB did make it to the range Friday morning, but discretion won over my willingness to try driving out on Friday, and I waited until Saturday. Most folks in trucks didn't have a problem.

Thanks to everyone who came to the match, the staff at HR hope you had a good time,
DocB

A big thank you to all that helped put on the match today. I stunk it up big time, but I had fun and I will definitely be back again.
On a side note, Doc I still dont know how the ATB does it
smile.gif
That is one impressive lil German car.

Cold ,rain , wind and couldn't hit my own target . It was a great and humbling experience . Thanks to all that put the match on .

Howard

Hey Gump......which is higher, 35 or 30? At least a rookie didn't beat me with my own rifle! LOL! Now you and Chief have something more than being vertically challenged in common!