• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fed 210 Match primers and the 6.5 prc

Iron Worker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2005
Nevada
Out of my 26" 6.5PRC I was loading 59.5grs of Re#25 with Rem 9 1/2 LRP and getting bug holes and average velocity of 3,3030 pushing 140gr ELDs . Then started using Fed 210 Match primers behind 59grs of Re#25 and I averaged 100 FPS faster and same bug hole groups.Are fed primers the hottest primers out there ?

With 6.5 Creedmoor... Everything I had been using 9 1/2 primers with. BLc2, R17, H4350 at that point.

So, some significant difference in powder being used where R25 is a slower burning powder than R17. Aside from other factors that can be involved, the different results between the two of you switching from the 9 1/5 to 210M is interesting.

I have no history with a Rem primer of any kind, but anytime I had swapped between a CCI 200 and a 210M, the CCI always produced more speed, all else equal. So IMO 210M not a hot primer.
I just had to post, even though I brought nothing to the table, lol
The only thing that enters my mind is are you getting a better burn of your powder, and the only way to figure this out would be a cleanliness test, are 210M loads cleaner(barrel)