• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fed 210 primers vs. Fed 210 Match primers??

AR15-SBR

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2014
Has anyone tested these primers head to head to see if there is any REAL difference?

The reason I am asking is the load I have found for my 308 uses the 210 Match primer, but all I am able to get localy is the standard 210 primer. I have shot a few of the 43.5gr. of Rel 15 under a 175SMK loads with the 210 primer and I can't see any presure signs and they shoot fine. I am just wondering if there is enough difference between the two primers to continue looking for the match version.

Thanks

AR15-SBR

This has been discussed at length in several other threads and forums. I don't think anyone has done any of their own scientific, data driven, testing in great depth.

From what I understand, the F210M and F210 is differentiated by the additional quality control checks that the F210M undergoes. Other than that, there is no magical recipe that the F210M has that the F210 does not.

You as the shooter just needs to grab a 100 of the F210 and see how much your chrony numbers change...if at all.

Thanks Thrusty, Thats what I was hoping to hear. I didn't have any of the Match primers to start with and the Standard were giving me a load that was shooting 5/8-3/4" groups at 200 and I didn't know if the Match would tighten it up any.

AR15-SBR

I've seen no difference what so ever. Buy them based upon availability and price. If one is available and the other is not, buy those. If both are available for the same price or very close, buy the match just because. If one is a bit less than the other, buy those.

Tested 210 vs 210M and found no difference in accuracy, velocity or ES/SD. I don't waste money on the Ms anymore.

Both go through the same QA process. The 210Ms are produced on the line at specific times by senior, theoretically more experienced people. I use the 210 regulars in .308. Never had one fail to go bang in many thousands fired, and they're giving me ES/velocity numbers that are quite good as Rob01 mentioned. Because the only difference is the individuals that assemble them (ie. not the components), I would find it impossible to believe any could shoot the difference between the two.

Both go through the same QA process. The 210Ms are produced on the line at specific times by senior, theoretically more experienced people. I use the 210 regulars in .308. Never had one fail to go bang in many thousands fired, and they're giving me ES/velocity numbers that are quite good as Rob01 mentioned. Because the only difference is the individuals that assemble them (ie. not the components), I would find it impossible to believe any could shoot the difference between the two.

Interesting, thank you. I was wondering the same thing!

If you see the 210m gold box buy them all up and sell for 2x to people who belive it will shoot better than the 210 blue box.Funny how things work LOL. Thier is a bunch of suckers on gun broker who will buy from you.