• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal 210M and 300 PRC?

DownhillFromHere

Aim > Impact > Take a Nap
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2017
I've been considering a 300 PRC build for awhile but haven't bothered due to lack of any of the components. If I ever decide to proceed, it would be nice to use an existing stash of Federal 210M, recognizing these are non-magnum primers. They're sitting mostly unused since I transitioned my LRP calibers to SRP brass.

Has anyone tried 210M primers in 300WinMag-class cartridges with decent success? Or are the 210Ms just too puny? I've never handloaded anything bigger than a .30-06.

I’ve used 210M and WLRs in the win mag for years with good results. If you live in a real cold weather place you may benefit from using Magnum primers but otherwise you should be fine with the 210s.

I tried CCI 250’s, 215’s and 215m’s in my prc and couldn’t get my ES even close to where it needed to be. I have had great luck with 210m’s in the 300 wm so I figured I would try them. Cleaned up to a ES of 9 over two 5 shot strings.

When I first started loading them in the 300 wm (tighter es once again over a 215) I was nervous about hang fires etc but after over 1000 rounds with zero issues even elk hunting in some sub zero temps I have yet to have a issue. Now this has all been with H-1000, so ymmv with other powders. I don’t think I would try to spark some of the RL or VV powders with a non magnum I have always seen better numbers with mag primers with rl33, N570 etc.

Reactions: Rhed
It depends on the powder you’re using. Ball powders, use magnum primers. Old tech stick powders, use magnum primers. Newer stick powders, FC210 no problem,

Actually fired two ladders yesterday with Retumbo and 210M's.............77.2-79 grains no issues that I can tell as of yet

230 Bergers
225 Eld-m

I appreciate all the feedback. So now I have primers. All I need is a bolt, a barrel, some brass, some powder, and some bullets. O, and a set of dies. Almost there...