• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Federal 90gr. SMK

CaptainRichie

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2019
Some time back I bought some federal 90gr smk at a gun show. The boxes has a sticker on the end that said Accuracy seconds. I’ve heard the early ammo was not accurate and I was wondering if any knew specially what was the cause of the inaccuracies. The price made it worthwhile. .224 Valkyrie.

I bought some 90gr SMKs from American Reloading. Accuracy was fine, but I would end up with 4 shot groups, and shrapnel holes in my targets.
Either I was pulling shots really bad at 100 yards, or bullets were coming apart a few yards out from the target.

7 twist valkyrie. Never had that issue with factory ammo or other bullets.

In my experience ... 224-Valkyrie doesn't need defective bullets to make it inaccurate ... it gets there with perfect supplies.

• Haha
Reactions: TonyTheTiger