• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Federal American Eagle Tactical .223

JDT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2009
NC
I tried the search with no help and Im guessing this is the place to ask, anyone know any data on this ammo. I normally use federal 5.56 xm193 but have a case of this I thought I might use for an upcoming match. How does this compare to federals xm193 or is it the same stuff? Right now I have a 100 yrd zero and it takes -0.08 mils to get to a 50yrd zero. Dark come to early and didn't get to actually get out to 200yrd or 300yrds with it so wanted to know if anyone had any experience with where I might need to dial/hold at 200-300yrds with scope being zeroed at 100. Anyone know if -0.08 mils will be about the same at 200-220 yrds. My plan is to keep the rifle zeroed at 100yrds and leave it dialed -0.08 mils down for 50yrds for the close quarter stages. I've always used a eotech and new to using the 1-4 optics when it comes to competition so trying to figure out the best way to go about this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hopefully I will have time to figure this out on my own, but not sure if I will be able to make it back to range before match this weekend.

Re: Federal American Eagle Tactical .223

Well guys I was able to answer my own question, with this ammo out of a 16" carbine using a 100 yrd zero I must dial/hold .6mils for 50 yrd, .4 mils / 200yrd, and 1.2 mils for 300yrds. This was by no means precision with this ammo/gun combo but I was able to get hits at 300yrds on 8 inch rnd steel so it is doable.