• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal Ammo

Ankeny

Private
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2009
In the last couple of years I have had several friends complaining that they can't find any factory self defense ammo, especially 9mm and .380 auto. I tell them to just buy it factory direct from Federal. Just thought I would give a heads up to those of you who didn't know you can buy factory direct.

In the last couple of years I have had several friends complaining that they can't find any factory self defense ammo, especially 9mm and .380 auto. I tell them to just buy it factory direct from Federal. Just thought I would give a heads up to those of you who didn't know you can buy factory direct.
Is it cheaper? Is there a minimum? Long waits?

I know one argument against reloading your own defence ammo was that prosecutors would say you made it more lethal, so now you can counter with it's not available.
I'm not sure I get the argument since most defense ammo is +P anyway to "stop the threat"

Reactions: Plinker 73
I know one argument against reloading your own defence ammo was that prosecutors would say you made it more lethal, so now you can counter with it's not available.
I'm not sure I get the argument since most defense ammo is +P anyway to "stop the threat"

I've seen people spout that shit so many times on different forums, but no one has ever been able to produce any evidence where it was used to prosecute someone.

Reactions: HPIguy and NoDopes
SGammo had 9mm critical defense on their wed site yesterday

All of Vista's ammo is scheduled to increase in price on April 1 so stock up now.

Midway has tons of 9mm and 380 hollow points etc.

sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore actually all of their Hornady was on sale about 3 weeks ago. Not as good of deal now, but available.

If deadly force is authorized, it doesn't matter what you use to do it with from a criminal law perspective.
It is the civil lawsuit where you have to worry about how you protected yourself.

Reactions: NoDopes