• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal Bulk Pack Score

TeufelHund

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
I needed some printer cartridges for work tonight so I ran over to Wallworld after the hockey game. They were unloading the trucks and I found 4 cases of Federal 550 round bulk pack .22 for $13.76 per box. I would have bought all 40 boxes but no go. Wallyworld employee limited me to just 5 boxes. Oh well. I am sending my wife over now to get 5 more!

Re: Federal Bulk Pack Score

It would appear that the Federal bulk ammo is starting to show up once again. I see that Midway USA also has some but not at that good of price.

While on the Midway site I did a little research. It looks like June & July is when most the ammo stock is due in. So maybe this shortage trend is getting behind us,,, I hope!

It's Walmart's policy company wide right now to limit purchases. I have been in Walmart's in 3 different states and they are all the same.

I can't honestly say that i'm against limiting purchases to a set number of boxes. Most of the gun shops in this area have done the same, however I asked if I ordered a brick or a case if they would sell it that way they all say yes. They just don't want people to buy all their stock because it stinks to sell a rifle, and not be able to have the customer leave the store with a box of ammo for it.

Branden

if one guy buys it all then they dont have any to sell to the 10 others that want some and eventually the other 10 guys learn not to shop for ammo at Walmart...

I'm not against limiting perchases of fed bulk pack to 5 boxes (that's 2750round, folks) per purchase. If you can shoot that up in a day and come back later the same day for the same amount, my hat's off to you.

I don't favor ammo hoarding. I put it the same category as looting, only the hoarders are kind enough to leave some money in their wake.

It's all about, "I got mine pal, and beat you to yours, so F*ck you very much, Buddy...@!".

When shooters do that to their fellows, they cease to be part of the solution and become the very central part of the problem.

No, really; that's exactly what <span style="font-style: italic">I</span> think.

I strongly suspect I'm not alone...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atticum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if one guy buys it all then they dont have any to sell to the 10 others that want some and eventually the other 10 guys learn not to shop for ammo at Walmart... </div></div>

If 10 guys want to buy ammo and all 10 are limited even though more is on the shelf then 10 customers learn to not shop at walmart.....

If I can buy 10 bags of chips, dvd's, cd's, or whatever other crap they have ten of, they should sell me 10 boxes of 22 ammo.

As to the thought that I am "fucking my buddy" by buying ammo...thats ridiculous. It isn't my job or ethical responsibility to manage your ammo supply/budget for you.

I suspect I am not alone....
wink.gif

I disagree.

This is not even a litte bit like buying bags of chip or CD's. These commodtiies are not like ammo, where the product has been driven to distinction by the mindless greed and paranoid fear of the least stable among our numbers. Some of us are like you, but all, and I'm geussing, not most. It's like the pigs who use the ater hole, and then shit in it so the other animals can't drink.

I think your careless disregard for how others cope with these shortage, your characterization that it's all our fault if we can't manage our ammo supply, blithely ignores the very simple fact that if it weren't for folks like yourself whose purchases are predicated on a hoarding mindset, rather that reasonable current need, this problem would be of a far smaller, possibly nonexistent, magnitude.

Like it, don't like it, I can understand how you're so sure you're not alone. The thing about folks like yourselves that is so damning is the simplistic arrogance you few display when you log into a shooters' forum and brag about how you just managed to screw the rest of all of us over, how easy it was to do, and how right it was to do it. Again.

Oh yeah, you're the smart ones..., that's easy to see...

Were I you; I might not be quite so quick to be showing my presence around here for some time to come...

Some of us here have actually given this sort of thing some real, unselfcentered thought...

Now, I'm genuinely sorry if I've misjudged you, and you already have my most abject apology if this is indeed the case. But as I see it at this particular moment, such error on my part has not yet been demonstrated.

It's not about you in particular, it's about folks like you as a whole. One of you just had to come by and crow one more time about your dubious accomplshements, and for once, I came away from my happy place and fired one across your bow. Just your luck to be the one doing the wrong thing at the wrong time in the wrong place. Nothing absolutely personal.

Unless I'm truly in such an error, though; there's likely a few differences between us.

When I've had the opportunity to do the same to you, I've managed to resist the compulsion. I do this because I respect other folks' opportunities to get at least a small share of the wealth.

I have what I need. Me, I can get by; and if I can't, I'll at least be in the company of decent folks. I share, with genuinely needful friend, even when it puts my own position in further jeopardy. It doesn't make me special, but it doesnt make me any less human, either. We can let the rest of the folks here make their own minds up about yourself and others like you.

You would buy all they'd let you buy, every last bit on the shelves, and agains, and again if you could; the rest of us could
'go fish', and you'd just smile. Well; I'm not smiling, Pal; I'm telling you like it is; so in case you and folks here were wondering, maybe it's not such a great idea to be bragging about on these forums.

Another difference probably is, I'm probably not alone in how I feel about this; but if I was, so what? Right is right; being alone in that is nothing new. Not for me, anyway.

Have nice life, Bozo. Maybe barfcom is the better site for your type, I'm guessing there could be a lot more support for your reasoning there. But of course, who am I to be making such suggestions?

Greg

For the most part, .22 ammo is all I buy at Wal Mart. If I have to, I can live with the 6 box per person limit that's in effect around here right now. At least we all have a better chance of scoring some. I've noticed that there is some of the other stuff left a little longer than when some "first come, first served" jack-ass bought everything on the shelf cause' he could, & he didn't give a damn about anybody else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeufelHund</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I needed some printer cartridges for work tonight so I ran over to Wallworld after the hockey game. They were unloading the trucks and I found 4 cases of Federal 550 round bulk pack .22 for $13.76 per box. I would have bought all 40 boxes but no go. Wallyworld employee limited me to just 5 boxes. Oh well. I am sending my wife over now to get 5 more! </div></div>Didnt you post the same thing on arfcom?

Yep. I did.

I also found more today at another WallyMart today. I got 5 more!

They had plenty left on the shelf. Looked like at least 20+ bulk packs and at least on unopened case.

Around here bulk pack is starting to be a regular thing.

Shit at this point I got plenty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I disagree.

I think your careless disregard for how others cope with these shortage, your characterization that it's all our fault if we can't manage our ammo supply, blithely ignores the very simple fact that if it weren't for folks like yourself whose purchases are predicated on a hoarding mindset, rather that reasonable current need, this problem would be of a far smaller, possibly nonexistent, magnitude; and earns you a name I reserve for very few.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> What I said is it is not my responsibility to manage your ammo supply...in other words if you need ammo and it isn't on the shelf...not my problem. </span>

Buddyfucker.

Like it, don't like it, I can understand how you're so sure you're not alone. Lotsa folks enjoy being selfish pricks, and clearly, so do you.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Buying cheap 22 ammo for the youngsters to learn to shoot and enjoy the sport sure does sound like a selfish prick to me.</span>

The thing about folks like yourselves that is so damning is the simplistic stupidity you few display when you log into a shooters' forum and brag about how you just managed to fuck the rest of all of us over, and how easy it was to do. Again. Oh yeah, you're the smart ones..., that's easy to see... Were I you; I might not be quite so quick to be showing my presence around here for some time to come... Some of us here have actually given this sort of thing some real thought...

<span style="color: #FF0000">I will feel free to show my presence here whenever I like, whats the risk, suffering the rantings of a demented lunatic who thinks there is a conspiracy against them when someone else buys 22 ammo at WalMart. </span>

Now, I'm genuinely sorry if I've misjudged you, and you already have my most abject apology if this is indeed the case. But as I see it at this particular moment, such error on my part has not yet been demonstrated.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> No you are not sorry. Don't set and throw threats, accusations, and name calling around then try to absolve yourself of your shitty behavior with a backhanded apology. </span>

Unless it is, there's a few differences between us.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> There are many differences between us. The main one is I hold MYSELF responsible for what I have and don't have. I don't sit on my ass blaming anonymous posters on an internet forum for what I lack. </span>

When I've had the opportunity to do the same to you, I've managed to resist the compulsion. I do this because I respect other folks opportunities to get at least a small share of the wealth. I have what I need. In fact, I just happened to give about a thousand primers away just yesterday to a friend who had a legitimate need for them. It was no small sacrifice, since I'm not into hoarding. Me, I can get by; and if I can't, I'll at least be in the company of decent folks. You would buy all they'd let you buy, all of it if you could, the rest of us could kiss your ass, and you'd just smile. Well; I'm not kissin' your ass, Pal; I'm telling you like it is.

Another difference probably is, I'm probably not alone in how I feel about this; but if I was, so what? Right is right; being alone in that is nothing new. Not for me, anyway.

<span style="color: #FF0000">The reason you are alone has nothing to do with being right, regardless of how strong your narcissism tells you it is so. You stand alone because you're an idiot and others know the danger of it infecting their thoughts. </span>

Have nice life, Bozo. Maybe ARFcom is the better site for your type, but who am I to decide such things?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Again with the name calling....do I get another abject apology? To answer the question of who you are is that you are nobody...the same as the rest of us. So quit trying to elevate yourself above the rest of us with insignificant acts like only buying one box of ammo instead of two. </span>

Greg </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Craig</span>

Oh yeah, now you're doing it all for the kids.

You're a genuine prince among men, you are. You remind of some of the folks in Congress, you do.

I read you clearly the first time.

But let's give you the benefit of the doubt and take you at your word. Do you really think that changes anything?

Go peddle your bullshit someplace else, Pally; nobody's buying it here...

Keep your buy-it-all-on-sight program going, maybe you can do your bit to keep this shortage running a whole lot longer. I'm sure they're chuckling and elbowing themselves up on The Hill and on Pennsylvania Ave; pleased as Punch at the effect you and your like are having on the shooting community as a whole. Go for it; go for it all...

Incidentally, your quotes are out of date; I edited my comments in the interest of more reasonable restraint and self-moderation. But if they suit you as they are, they'll do for me, as well.

Greg

PS ...and maybe I'm wrong about this; and getting way too self righteous about it all. But I think my viewpoint is worth taking a stand on, and I'm honestly kinda ashamed that nobody else has seen fit to do so on this site.

You're lucky, my local walmart is limiting to 2 boxes in any caliber, max of 6 boxes total...and there hasn't been ANY Fed bulk pack in months.

However my local Academy Sports has gotten in plenty of Rem Bulk Golden so I have been able to get some of that with no purchase limits.

Found five boxes at wally world in Parker the other day. Snagged some just to make it through summer.

I also found the elusive Savage BTVS at Dicks. All set up for rimfire for the summer (I think).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I don't favor ammo hoarding. I put it the same category as looting, only the hoarders are kind enough to leave some money in their wake.

It's all about, "I got mine pal, and beat you to yours, so F*ck you very much, Buddy...@!".

</div></div>

WTF! You sound like Obama. I don't want your money I just want to make sure there is enough for everyone. What a bunch of crap.

As far as hoarding goes what do you care what anyone does with THEIR money? Oh wait, just like Obama and his followers you want to be able to tell everyone else what is ok and what is not ok to do. I get it. Another benevolent personality looking out for the rest of us poor lost sheep. Wow I can't believe I have made it in life without you. Oh thank you so very much.

As far as calling people who engage in legal comerce no better than looters goes I feel you are mistaken. To me telling people what to do and think is criminal.

Just like you this is my opinion. No better and no worse than yours.

The point of my thread is that I GOT FUCKING LUCKY AND FOUND SOME AMMO. I dont care why it has been out of stock. I know why. It will fix itself. The laws of ecomomics always do if left alone and given time.

Back to your regular scheduled programing.....

TeufelHund more power to you. It's still the USA and you can do what ever you want. My local shops have plenty 22 ammo. The Wallmark and Kmart have not recieved any in awhile through. Now I could be a complete piece of shit and hate you for getting my share but insted I'm quite happy to pay a little more at the local shop and know that you can get it cheaper where your at.

[delete]

I have been working on the same box of 550 federals for the last 6 months now. I still have over half a box, and another bulk box of the winchester brand. I think by the time I am out od .22 then wallyworld will be overstocked. If not, I am sure some will pop up. I made it to the paranoid phase, then angry, now I just dont care right now. Like every other shortage thats happened, there will be an excess soon after that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don in SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TeufelHund more power to you. It's still the USA and you can do what ever you want. My local shops have plenty 22 ammo. The Wallmark and Kmart have not recieved any in awhile through. Now I could be a complete piece of shit and hate you for getting my share but insted I'm quite happy to pay a little more at the local shop and know that you can get it cheaper where your at.

</div></div>

Thats my point. What is "anybodys share"? Nobody deserves more of anything than anyone else. Worse still is when someone wants to place artifical limits on goods and services out of "fairness". Its all about chance with this stuff. The rest is how hard you work and what you are willing to sacrifice to make for yourself in life.

I cant begrudge anyone who is angry that this stuff is hard to find or mad that one person got something and another didn't, thats life and nobody said it was fair.

Well some folks wanted change and boy do they have it. You want this to all go away? Work your ass off locally to get the people who represent your wishes and ideals in office.

Im off my soap box......

None of us can control how Wallmart distributes product. They are obviously getting product now in bits and spirts. More will follow all over the country. There is a HUGE Wallmart distribution center here in Colorado, North of Denver, and that may be why we are seeing it around here. Just a guess on my part.
I have seen some at Big R and at an Ace Store and even at Dicks.

I can find all the Remington Golden I can carry. Problem is that it will not play nice with my .22 dedicated upper and the Federal runs great. Hell my local fun shop got in 2 PALLETS of ammo last week of various types. Its out there.

I got bored today and refinished my .22
Sort of a Coyote and Tan Flectar. Its for my 5 year old, at least thats what I tell my wife. I let him apply the decals. I then gave it a coat of Coyote Alumahyde II and baked it in the oven. My wife was out of the house for a few hours this morning so I had to act fast.
IMG_36961-1.jpg

TeufelHund my ST22 will shoot a whole bunch of stuff now that I've mod'ed it some. The big work is getting rid of the factory sear spring and adjusting the hammer spring. I also polished the hell out of all contact points. The most accurate ammo I've found cheap is CCI Blazer lead 40 grn. Fed champion and gold medal works and Winchester 333 and Dynapoints work to. American Eagle red box and Some old UMC yellow box also work. I've even got Wolf MT and SK Jadg Standard Plus and Match to shoot but thier to expensive to use alot. Blazer shoots to less than a inch for ten rounds at 50 yards. That is with a Weaver V16 scope.
There's nothing wrong with Fed red or blue bulk either just I get better groups with the CCI and CCI is cheaper here for me. Donald

(added) Oh I like the paint job. And, I'm going to bet that it want be long before we all feel this is the "Good old days". Alot of people might wish they had bought several extra boxes of 22's.

I think I'll go and buy two bricks of 22's at three local shops Monday. Three thousand rounds of 22's will last me and the nephew about two weeks. That should add a good bit to my carbon foot print.

I'm just like Obama. Right. Buying every box of ammo that hits a shelf, maybe even before it hits the shelf, has nothing to do with the shortage, or affects any of the rest of us shooters. I should shut up and not tell you what to do (actually all I'm asking is that you give the rest of us a chance to do a little of what you're doing...), because you have a right nobody has anything to say about it.

Teufelhund, you wear the name a respected enemy gave the Marines, but I'm pretty sure they never taught you at Parris Island to treat your fellows like you're doing to the rest of us shooters, and woe the person who suggests you're not beyond reproach.

I've heard five-year-old who are less self-equivocating.

Folks come to your support. Who are they? Folks like yourself who think that just because others are doing it, it's just fine. It's not just fine. You make like Obama's causing all the problems. I don't like him even a little bit, but he's not the problem here, He has done <span style="font-style: italic">nothing</span> to reduce the supply of ammo. No politician, of any stripe, has. They don't have to. Folks like you are doing it for them. <span style="font-style: italic">You are the problem</span>.

Folks like me say out of this. They don't want to get involved, get their hands dirty trying to influence their fellow shooters when they're doing something embarassing, something that makes <span style="font-style: italic">all</span> of us shooters look like a pack of undisciplined sharks in a feeding frenzy. What you're doing makes us all look like something only a few of us actually are. Folks like you. Folks like them sit back and say and do nothing. That's called enabling, and I did it for quite awhile. But no more. The rest of the folks who think like I do can keep sitting on their hands, but I'm done with that.

If you guys can't control your greed, then I'm glad folks like the management at WalMart can have the courage to stand up to you panic buyers and just say no. Somebody had to.

So go ahead. Squirm, deny, pontificate, eqivocate, blame God himself, anybody but yourself.

Blame me, you seem to think I'm the problem, so go ahead.

We know where the truth is here, and you still don't seem to recognize that denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeufelHund</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thats my point. What is "anybodys share"? Nobody deserves more of anything than anyone else. Worse still is when someone wants to place artifical limits on goods and services out of "fairness". Its all about chance with this stuff. The rest is how hard you work and what you are willing to sacrifice to make for yourself in life.
</div></div>

There is a difference between what is right to do and what you have a right to do. Yes, here in the US, you have the freedom to do what you want. Accompanied with those rights is the idea that you will act with responsibility. It is called common decency.

Do you ever go to a party and notice that the last piece of pizza hangs out almost indefinitely... mainly because no one wants to be the jerk who takes the last piece. I was talking to a mom the other day who took her son to the farmer's market here in town. They stood in line and the mother told her child that they would have to wait their turn to buy strawberries. The child asked about it again. The mother said that they will just have to wait. There are plenty to go around. The person in line in front of them, who obviously heard this dialogue, ended up buying the rest of the strawberries. All 12 boxes! She couldn't do with 11, apparently.

I am not pointing fingers or calling anyone out, but there seems to be a lack of common decency in society today. It is not confined to ammo hoarders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just like Obama. Right. Buying every box of ammo that hits a shelf, maybe even before it hits the shelf, has nothing to do with the shortage, or affects any of the rest of us shooters. I should shut up and not tell you what to do (actually all I'm asking is that you give the rest of us a chance to do a little of what you're doing...), because you have a right nobody has anything to say about it.

Teufelhund, you wear the name a respected enemy gave the Marines, but I'm pretty sure they never taught you at Parris Island to treat your fellows like you're doing to the rest of us shooters, and woe the person who suggests you're not beyond reproach.

I've heard five-year-old who are less self-equivocating.

Folks come to your support. Who are they? Folks like yourself who think that just because others are doing it, it's just fine. It's not just fine. You make like Obama's causing all the problems. I don't like him even a little bit, but he's not the problem here, He has done <span style="font-style: italic">nothing</span> to reduce the supply of ammo. No politician, of any stripe, has. They don't have to. Folks like you are doing it for them. <span style="font-style: italic">You are the problem</span>.

Folks like me say out of this. They don't want to get involved, get their hands dirty trying to influence their fellow shooters when they're doing something embarassing, something that makes <span style="font-style: italic">all</span> of us shooters look like a pack of undisciplined sharks in a feeding frenzy. What you're doing makes us all look like something only a few of us actually are. Folks like you. Folks like them sit back and say and do nothing. That's called enabling, and I did it for quite awhile. But no more. The rest of the folks who think like I do can keep sitting on their hands, but I'm done with that.

If you guys can't control your greed, then I'm glad folks like the management at WalMart can have the courage to stand up to you panic buyers and just say no. Somebody had to.

So go ahead. Squirm, deny, pontificate, eqivocate, blame God himself, anybody but yourself.

Blame me, you seem to think I'm the problem, so go ahead.

We know where the truth is here, and you still don't seem to recognize that denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Greg </div></div>

Great discusion! No really this is great. Something better than what optic is better or tell me about this or that type of thread.

Again why do you get to decide what is right and just and honorable? I do not need you or anyone else telling me about justice, honor, or decency. I am not in denial about anything. I am angry. I am very angry that someone would call another persons actions criminal for buying ammunition legally.

This touchy feely belief in "leave some for the other guy" and "if you don't your the reason there is a shortage" is silly. Come on really! You actually believe that?

If I only purchased one box the guy behind be would have got two and the guy behind him 3 and so on. What about the the guy who was 500th in line that day. Did he deserve more than the guy who got up early or stayed up late and did the work so that he was in the right place at the right time.

I guess people will only be happy when ammunition is available according to our needs. That sounds familar. Again NOBODY has the right to tell me or anyone else what my/their needs are and when they are met.

You ABSOLUTELY have the right to say something about it. I get that. I really really do. I respect you very much and I respect your conviction. I happen to disagree and have a different point of view.

All of us on this site enjoy the shooting sports. Shortages and panic buying effect all of us. So does infighting about subjects like this. While enlightening and engaging ultimately it weakens us. We need to be focused on protecting ALL of our rights and defending our way of life from those who seek "Change".

Like Forest Gump thats all I got to say about that.

While this has been fun I want to get back to talking about shooting. Sorry I brought it up.
wink.gif

TeufelHund you can't win with these top of the class graduates of a government education camp. Their so brain wasted with commie/socialist BS that they don't have a clue. You’re the bad guy because you exercised your god given rights as an American. You think they spit and sputter when the wife brings home the 15th pair of black shoes as not fair to the other fat chicks on the block? They don't even live in your state so what you do has no impact on their tiny lives anyway. They get to be big men on this board where as day to say they most likely drive a desk and get to eat shit at work and have not got the balls to stand up for themselves. If you keep feeding these trolls you'll just get pulled down to their level and then lose because they have more experience at being a turd. Keep doing what makes you happy and fuck them. Donald

Greg, I allways enjoy reading your commentary and mostly agree, However if buying all the 22,22mag,223,243,300wsm,38 and 40 ammo on the shelf makes me a bad guy then so be it, who is to say the next phukr in line is not like yourself, an american shooting enthusiast, but someone like a gang banger, burglar or any sort of scum bag who may be planning to rob your very home that evening? Thus by buying all said ammo you have prevented him for the day.. I regret to say on this one you can not apply your highly valued and altruistic theory to the chaos which surrounds ammo buying at Wally world no matter how hard you try. When cash is on hand I buy all I can, shame on me for not reloading daggummit, if its all gone then I pat the shoulder of the fellow who beat me to it and keep looking..

Most of all however, my biggest congradulations on the grand daughter hope she is a giggling and growing well in the summer sun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah, now you're doing it all for the kids.

You're a genuine prince among men, you are. You remind of some of the folks in Congress, you do.

I read you clearly the first time.

But let's give you the benefit of the doubt and take you at your word. Do you really think that changes anything?

Go peddle your bullshit someplace else, Pally; nobody's buying it here...

Keep your buy-it-all-on-sight program going, maybe you can do your bit to keep this shortage running a whole lot longer. I'm sure they're chuckling and elbowing themselves up on The Hill and on Pennsylvania Ave; pleased as Punch at the effect you and your like are having on the shooting community as a whole. Go for it; go for it all...

Incidentally, your quotes are out of date; I edited my comments in the interest of more reasonable restraint and self-moderation. But if they suit you as they are, they'll do for me, as well.

Greg

PS ...and maybe I'm wrong about this; and getting way too self righteous about it all. But I think my viewpoint is worth taking a stand on, and I'm honestly kinda ashamed that nobody else has seen fit to do so on this site. </div></div>

Seems like plenty are buyin my reasoning here. It's your brand of self righteous bullshit that they are running away from.

Maybe it is you who needs to find a new place to peddle your brand of socialism...try the democratic underground....they love to blame everyone else for what they lack....you should fit right in.

I for one am not ashamed of those on the HIDE, rather I am very proud that noone is standing for brand of bullshit. It indicates the relative intelligence of most who frequent here.

Is it really socialist to ask for you to think of the consequences that your actions have on others? I think that it is the exact opposite of socialist. As an example, I don't believe that the government should be charged with feeding the poor. I think that charity is a job for private individuals. This does not mean that I don't like to help the poor. I volunteer and give my money to causes BECAUSE I believe that government shouldn't be doing these things. Basically, it is incumbent on the individual to figure out what is right... that means a lot more responsibility for the individual with the freedoms.

Here is America, you have the right to do whatever you want. That doesn't mean that you are required to be self-serving. You can, but we depend on ethics and morality to guide people to do what is right.

And again, I am not pointing fingers at anyone. I have sent a friend to buy something that was way underpriced that had a 1 item limit before. I am not immune.

Back during Work War II, many Americans had to cut consumption of goods such as gasoline and wheat to allow for shortages and the war effort. We haven't really dealt with shortages in this country for a long time, so present generations see no reason to curtail use, let alone hoarding of items, so the ethic is not really there.

And don't get me wrong, I believe in free markets as much as if not more than the next guy, but I also believe that you need to think about how your actions affect others. That is it. I think that Greg has a point there.

Just because you don't have the kid in back of you talking to his dad about how he can't wait to go shoot his gun this weekend before you snag the last box of ammo doesn't make the situation any different. We have a society where anonymity rules, which emboldens people to act less morally.

Look; I'm emphasizing a point, and of course, I'm pushing the extreme.

I don't mind anyone folks taking advantage of an opportunity. What I actually mind as when folks steal the opportunity.

Given the opportunity, I ask, do I have enough? If I don't, I'll take some and leave some. If I do, I'll stand aside and let someone else get first crack.

If that's Socialism, then I'm a Socialist and I hope to God I'm a damned good one too.

But I don't think I'm a Socialist, not by doing that anyway.

I think I'm just a neighbor.

The fan gets shitty, and the predators close in; I know who I'm joining.

The predators look and sound cool. My neighbors look less so.

The predators get theirs, and move on. My neighbors lick their wounds, bury their dead, and look around to see who's still there with a shovel in their hand.

I'd like to be there with a shovel.

You can go figure out who you are...

And Don; I hope you never move anywhere near my little village. The folks here won't understand you. Our Wallmart...; last week it had six boxes of Remington .223 55gr basic ball ammo for under $20 a box. This morning, four of them were still there.

But not if you lived here. You like the rights, but the responsibilities that go with them; you know, the ones toward your fellow man? You missed that part... In combat; we learn about how to take care of each other. When the guy whose back is up against yours yells "I'm Out", you give him a reacharound with a full mag. Last mag? Hope he shoots straight.

Hope you learn that lesson soon, Buddy.

No...; really...

I don't work at a desk. I used to work at a desk, and on the road, and sometimes I flew around the country for my job. But now I'm retired. Makes me different from...; who? You? I damned well hope so.

Please stay away, we can handle pretty much anything but equivocators like yourself.

Shwn. My brand of bullshit? If it's bullshit, I'm stickin' to it. Works for me and my neighbors, but yours; I figure its fine for you, but try selling it to your neighbors. Best of luck. If they buy it, I'm glad I live here, and not near you. You move in around here, I wouldn't need to do anything. Neighbors can handle your type just fine all by themselves... Wouldn't take at long all... You really wouldn't like it here much, anyway. Us Commies and such...

Yeah, I'm the high class bullshit purveyor around here. When you've been here for a decade, you can be one too. But I doubt you'll make the cut...

Folks here can only take so much actual bullshit...

Greg

how did you idoits start all this shit?

the title of the thread was "Federal Bulk Pack Score"

not, "my personal filtered views that i must share with cyberspace"

Idiots......

Yeah, man; you hit that dead on. You're clearly wiser than all the rest of us in the conversation...

Thanks for sharing...; and by the way, I've got something here for you to kiss... Oh no; it's not that big, kinda skinny actually. I'm pretty sure your could handle it...

I buy 2 boxes of whatever I can afford every payday, in less than a year I built up an impressive quantity, (I shoot about a box a week average, but I don't make it to the range every week). Now, mulitply that times ten years...

I almost fell into the ammo shortage panic when I happened across some .45 ACP at a helluva good price, but then I snapped out of it. If the zombies attack, I have enough of several different calibers, if the blue hats invade, there will be plenty of 5.56, 7.62 NATO, and 9mm laying around, in case of alien invasion, I have my tin foil hat. I'll continue picking up a couple boxes when I have an oportunity, maybe it will get shot up, maybe it will sit in the safe for a while. I have no need to "hoard" I keep my emergency supply separate from my shooting stock and rotate them out anyway.

People who buy up everything they can, just because they can are simply showing a lack of sense, if they had any sense, they would have been building up a supply over time, and not waited until ammo was scarce before trying to prepare for a catastrophy.

Calm down guys. If they outlaw guns and ammo next week, where are you going to hide all of that, especially if they check to see who has been buying up excessive amounts of ammo? I have news for you,you're gonna be the first ones to be rounded up and searched.

I did the same thing. Two years back, when it cost under ten dollars a pack, but my payday was only once a month, there was no shortage, and there was plenty left for the next guy. "Stitch in time saves nine..." kinda deal.

Folks with less foresight are apparently the bane these days. Their problem, not mine. Other folks need to watch out for folks like them; they are not their friends right now.

And remember, they're not the problem, I am...

Actually; the point about where are they going to hide all that is not a bad one. What I have, I also have a reasonable need for. I don't have very much to explain...

Greg

Hey; like I said... I could be wrong about all this.

I care about other shooters. I'll; honest taGod, step back and give someone else first crack. I lose NOTHING.

Winning? Losing? A game?

I think not.

Not all of us are going to come out of these times fat and happy.

Some will be fat, for sure. Some will be happy; some both.

When the sun rises on the day when all this crap is all history, I imagine some of us will like ourselves.

...and some of us will have a better reasons than some of the rest of us.

I have absolutely no idea whether or not I'll be one of them.

But I'm gonna keep doin' what I'm doin'...

And y'all can do whatever it is y'all think is right.

Best fortune to all involved my rant is done.

...and yeah; I could still be dead wrong from the start, but I really don't givea...

Dig this. You score, good for you.

I would prefer you didn't blab it all over where I need to read about it.

'sall...

Jus'me; Greg

It's very simple economics. The more you buy the more they will make. The more they make the more there will be to buy. The more there is to buy the less it will cost. If your one of the a brick will last me forever your not even a factor in the big picture. The system was caught short because of the last election and the reaction of the public. Ammo supplies will return and no one here could ever make a dent in it. I buy what I can when I have the cash. Some can buy more and others less. I'm creating the demand that will make sure I will have ammo later. If no one buys any because he may hurt the feels of the next guy who may or may not show up in the next decade there is no demand and manufactors do not make shit that does not sell. You seen any 8 track payers lately? What gets me going is the whole "it's not fair BS". That's straight out of the liberal play book. Some of you may not be a Democrats; but you've have been arround them long enough that you sound like them. What I get from the I hate devil dog crowd is that you want every one to leave some ammo on the shelf for you. Well how the hell do I know when your going to get off your ass and go buy some. Well I can't and I don't want to. You get to take your chance just like me and everone else. The more you say it's not fair the more I think of Pelosi, Reid and Obama. That's their line of shit and your using it. Man up and go out and buy some ammo and go shoot or stay home and sulk it's not going to make a difference to me. But it will make a difference down the road when ammo dries up because theres no demand. The lack of demand before the election most likely had more with the current shortage than horders.

No. They can't make any more. They are maxed.

I don't give a diddly about fair, I just like to see folks get at least a sniff.

The only thing the election has actually done (so far, and I'm sure there's something very unpleasant in the wings...), is to motivate the less secure among us to give vent to their fear and greed.

It's not a horrible thing, but it's not the best thing either.

I don't think you're the Devil, or even one of his close friends. I have a hard time thinking a responsible gun owner is, and I'm not putting any curses on anyone here on this site. Wouldn't know how to and I'm not lookin' to learn how. Don't do what I tell you to do, no matter what it is, make your own decisions. And for goodness sake, don't try to do what I do, I'm certifiable...

I just would rather see us all working to help each other than otherwise. Not such a burden, and if folks can't do that, I can understand. I don't like it, but I still wouldn't screw 'em...

Not what I do...

I'm not tryin' to hassle anyone here; I'm tryin' to get us all to think about helpin' all of us get through this togther. Take that group hug and jammit, I'm serious.

Greg

I agree on points of both sides of the argument on this thread. What really irks me about someone buying so much of the ammo at once is when they buy it for $13.95 a box, then go and list it on some auction for $30-$35 dollars a box. I saw it several times on Gunbroker. Now before anyone says it's a free market I know that. And I wouldn't have it any other way. But when the person(s) pull a stunt like that it just looks to me like they have no respect for their fellow shooters. All they are doing is looking to make a fast buck at the expense of someone else. Sometimes I wonder if that's not why Walmart started the limiting the customer to 6 boxes per purchase. Did some of the higher ups at Walmatrt see it being sold on Gunbroker for 3-4 times the sale price?.

Here's a bone for ya to chew on,

For those that are asking how did this thread regress to nothing more than a pissing contest I think the answer is obvious. An individual wants to tell many what to do and or how to act. There are many titles given to this Socialism, Communism, Progressive's. Frankly it all means more or less the same, a few telling the many what to do, spread the wealth, take from one to give to another whether they earned it or not.

Frankly I did not voluntarily serve my country as my family did during the revolution and throughout the history of our great country to have it turned into anything other than it has been for over two hundred years under the Constitution of the United States, A Republic.

Not everyone is able too or wants to serve and it is OK there are others who have and will in their stead. Hopefully we will not have some more like the National Guard bunch in Seattle that signed up because they wanted the "benefits" but when called to duty were a bunch of cowards. A quote "we did not think we would be called to active service when we joined". People like this deserve nothing but contempt from those who did serve and those that did not. the reason, they did so voluntarily of their own free will and then tried to shirk their responsibility.

We as a people are free and not beholding to anyone, at least for now. If someone want's to buy all the toilet paper or all the ammo on a shelf then he or she can. and if a business owner wants to limit individuals purchases to a limited number of any one item they can, Period!

Yes there are many whom have been caught with their pants down around their ankles, they are just now beginning to see what will happen when they vote for the smooth talker and ignore the facts put in front of them because they are wishing for change, as the old saying goes be careful what you wish for. I am actually hopeful because of the shortages of Ammo, Guns and other items, it shows people beginning to wake up about their GOD given rights and just maybe we will get rid of the Czars and all the other Progressive crap in the next election.

It also kicks back to what Americans have historically done, that is keep a supply of food, ammo or what ever else they deem appropriate on hand. It was not and never should be up to anyone other than the individual buying the items to determine how much is needed. We as a people have gotten away from keeping a supply of items on hand, more so in the last 40 years as it has become so "convenient" to just run to the store if you want a can of food or a paper clip. I just look at it as people doing what they can to catch up with what they should have been doing all along this is their wake up call. Things will return to normal after the catch up has played itself out. That is if our country is not run into the ground by the progressive politicians first.

Frankly Greg people are stocking up on items all across the spectrum from Beans to Bullets are you going off on a tirade on all of them. Your signature shows that you served. Did you do so voluntarily for the Constitution and what it actually stands for, or were you drafted and could not figure out how to dodge it? If its the former your attitude seems quite odd if you are not a progressive hardliner supporter of;

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Dogbone

My beef is with the binge buyer who cleans off the shelves, or bitches about it when they won't let them, then brags about it on a shooting forum, and high fives it with his brethren about what a great job they're doing keeping all the toys in their own bag, and not leaving anything on the shelves for the next guy or gal.

The other folks who are trying to add to their stocks aren't doing anything wrong, they're doing precisely the right thing. I do a bit of it myself on a small, intermittent scale; but they and I are trying to do it responsibly, small and reasonable bites at a time, trying to do our part to stave off widespread starvaton.

You can always tell who the glutton is. They push their way into the front of the bread line and stuff their shirts with extras, while the ones in back of the line aren't getting any at all. Nice guys, each and every one...

The ammo industry has been working around the clock to try to get enough out there that we can all get some; or would if it wasn't for the binge buyers.

You'd think there was a helluva lot of shooting going on, but mostly what I hear at the range is how hard it's getting to be able to feed the guns, and how damned much it's costing when they can.

The government's not confiscating anything, or limiting anything; but it's the big bad government that's behind it all. It's all just one big conspiracy. People try to counsel moderation and consideration, and suddenly they're a bunch of Commie Socialist Progressive Liberal Sonsofbitches.

Well listen up folks, it's not the Commie Socialist Progressive Liberal Sonsofbitches who are causing these shortages. It's the paranoid, panicked, greedy sonsofbitches right in our midst, fellow shooters who want to build up stockpiles of ammo for that rainy day, cause they all know it's coming. They're gonna get theirs and woe to anyone who gets in the way or even cares to make comment about it.

Is that rainy day coming? Probably. Probably, hell; definitely. It's been coming for a long, long time, and anyone with eyes could see it coming from a long way off.

Quite a few of us saw it coming long ago, when we saw the opposition to the last administration winding up their propaganda mills, and milking their cash cows for the big push.

We made like the ants and took prudent precautions (remember that term, I've been preaching it here pretty regularly for the whole past decade). It's the clueless grasshoppers who ignored the signs, then panicked when they saw the first snowflakes.

Do people have the right to buy ammo in whatever quantities they see fit? Of course they do. They <span style="font-style: italic">all</span> do; but some among us don't respect the rights of the others.

Just because a freedom exists does <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> mean there are no obligations to help ensure that the others with those rights get to exercise them too, at least to some small, limited degree. Something, anyway.

Exercising one's own rights to the degree where it causes the deliberate denial of those same rights to one's fellows isn't Conservative God Fearing Anti Liberal behavior. It's just plain selfish greed, no matter how many folks say "hear, hear", or no matter how many names and epithets you heap on those who disagree.

Cry freedom, then slurp up everyone else's means to enjoy it. That's the ticket.

I got one word for all this.

Hypocrisy.

Even if what you folks have been doing is the <span style="font-style: italic">right</span> thing, you've been hogging the feeding trough for eight or nine months now. How about stepping back for just a small while and letting some of the others get a bite?

If this a pissing match, what are we going to do when the REAL restrictions start lumbering downhill toward us backed up with the full might of an armed and dangerous government? I think some of you won't be able to handle the real thing, because suddenly all your carefully deliberated, self serving justifications, and righteous indignation won't hold any more water than Granny's underpants. You'll likely be pissing in your own by then.

Greg

I went to the Market Hall gunshow in Dallas yesterday and walked up to a table that had small rifle primers for 45.00 per thousand. There were atleast 70,000 sitting there for which, I probably had cash in hand for 20,000. Well, I only have around 3000 .224 bullets on hand and already have a couple thousand SRP on hand so what to do??????? I bought 1000 primers and left the rest for others. Thanks a lot Greg!!!! I coulda been stocked up for life.hahahahahahaha.

I've got around 200 .224 bullets onhand, maybe 500 CCI BR-4's and maybe the same CCI 400's. If people manage to get their heads turned back around in the right direction soon enough, that should be adequate for my needs. I would have had more but I gave about 1000 assorted sizes and grades of primers to a buddy who had a real need for them just last week, some of which need involves ammo I'll likely end up shooting some of myself. We may make it through, we may not, but whatever we end up doing, we'll arrive there together.

I won't be buying any more primers anytimes soon, there aren't any available around here. Hoping to find a hundred or two more .224 bullets, but I will probably have to wait some for that too.

I just sighted in a Mini-14 for another friend, and will be gifting him 60 .223 55gr Varmint HP handloads that work in his gun but are obsolete for my shooting, and maybe another 50 USGI leftover M855 loads.

Mostly I'm just cleaning house, but the opportunity to help a friend is worth the effort.

This same guy's Wife lets my Granddaughter work her way through Summer Horse Camp, so there's not all that much altruism involved. 'S how we manage to make ends meet in this neck of the woods.

Greg

Greg,

I pick up whatever ammo I can (up to the limit of 6 boxes) when I stop into Wal-Mart (and they happen to have any), but I don't view myself as a "hoarder". The stuff's hard to get right now, so I buy it when I can - and that seems reasonable to me.

I've built up a small (but decent stock) of ammunition over the past few years, but this situation has been a wake-up call for me and has made me realize it might be a good idea to increase that stock in case a similar situation comes along in the future (and possibly lasts much longer). Also, I do shoot quite a bit, so a good portion of what I buy doesn't have a chance to sit around very long.

Anyway, I don't blame others for the shortage, and certainly I don't look at myself as a wrong-doer for buying what I can when the opportunity arises.

One more thing - if you stop in to whatever ammo retailer you choose a little more often that you used to, you will be able to find stuff. Not every time, and maybe it won't always be exactly what you're looking for, but you will have some success (so it shouldn't be impossible to get stuff - just harder).

Anyway, just learn from this and develop a small stock of the basic stuff you need for reloading and shooting so that, if this happens again in the future, you'll be immune to it.

If you need some .224" bullets for reloading, I can sell you some. I used to own a .220 swift and have several hundred 55gr Hornady V-Max and Nosler Ballistic Tip varmint bullets sitting around that I have no use for (the only small-bore I own now is an AR15 and I do not reload for it).

If you'd like them I'll sell them to you for a normal (non-gouging) price.

Thank you.

Yours is the third such offer that's been made to me in the past hour or so, and I am truly grateful to you and the others. I don't have any beef with you or the other folks who made allowances and are now trying to maintain or moderately upgrade a reasonable supply in their possession. I think by now we all know of whom I speak, and that such as you mentioned are not among their number.

Actually my rant is not really aimed at anyone in particular. It just that after listening to an unending litany of triumphs against the laws of supply and demand by the very folks who are too dumb to realize that the rest of us hold them most responsible for the shortages, my last few buttons got pushed. Then to be badmouthed by the same people as they brazenly try to justify what may not be justifiable; I felt honor bound to stand my ground and give them tit for tat. Somebody has to stand up to this stuff, and soon, or it's very likely fated to be the order of the day for the forseeable future; and I flatly refuse to sit back and let any more of that happen without providing some heartfelt feedback.

I could take any or all of you up on your kind and generous offers, and without any fear of being gouged; but I prefer to bring my business to my local dealer, and to have my meager commerce aid him in his efforts to stay afloat in this economy.

We need him around here, and he's been extremely kind and generous to our youth programs as well. Besides; the (bi?)monthly trek down to Horseheads has become a treasured excursion for me, even if he's out of what I need at any given time. Even if I have to order the goods, I have until early September before my current shooting schedule exhausts my present supply, so odds favor me staying at least afloat, if not fully grounded and founded.

...and now, I've truly overspent my spare time on this subject and the stack of honey-do's has reached the point where she-who-must-be obeyed must be obeyed, and soon.

Greg

Wow. I am now being accused of being a liberal and an Obama voter.

I am neither... but I have to say that I think that the death of conservative movement has been the likes of folks who believe that they are the only conservatives out there... and call everyone else raving lunatic liberals from William Buckley to Barry Goldwater.

But enough about politics.

Don in SC wrote: "Well how the hell do I know when your going to get off your ass and go buy some."

The retailer seemed to know tha 5 boxes would do you pretty well. They were a private enterprise setting limits on how much ammo their customers bought, liberals that they are. So how many should you have bought? How about 5 boxes. Sounds reasonable to me.

And here is a lesson in economics from someone with an MBA:

The factory is maxed out. They are working at full capacity. They likely will not add another factory for the following reasons:
1) They know that people are hoarding and eventually that activity will stop, so they don't want to put millions of dollars into an expansion only to find that their customers are maxed out and can't buy a cartridge more because they wouldn't know where to put it.
2) Because of the political climate, they don't want to add new capacity only to find that their product is outlawed, so they are taking this boost as a gift from God.

Further, because they aren't adding capacity and demand seems to be going through the roof, the best thing they can do to manage the profit is not to boost capacity, but to raise prices (remember the supply-demand relationship). I don't see how this causes costs to go down. Further, I assume that they have reached the maximum efficient scale with their current facilities. I don't think increased capacity will lead to any cost reductions.

So basically, grabbing all the ammo you can f's up the supply chain, drives up prices, and prevents fellow customers from being able to enjoy a hobby that they share with you.

If we are calling folks liberal, I would have to call you one because you have thought the problem a little bit through, but not to its ulitmate conclusion.

/end rant.