• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal employment question

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Currently work for the forest service. Position was emailed to me on the Outreach program and also on USAjobs. I applied on USAjobs, should I also respond to the outreach notification? Would it be overkill/annoying to do both?

Fed jobs are done almost entirely through USAJOBS site. Good luck, if it's what you want to do. The process sucks for sure but it's to weed out the non-hackers. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Currently work for the forest service. Position was emailed to me on the Outreach program and also on USAjobs. I applied on USAjobs, should I also respond to the outreach notification? Would it be overkill/annoying to do both?

It should work fine thru USAjobs, but you work for idiots. I'm betting if you apply at both places you will get two interviews and double your chances at getting the job.

th-2268266394.jpg

If you see multiples on USAJ it's because there are different examining authorizes ( hiring authorities). Apply to all you qualify for as some are much easier/faster/ less paperwork for the agencies to do and they may get less apps. It's really a total crap chute and I have been through hiring and oboarding with like 8 different agencies so far as well as managing the hiring and on boarding of thousands.

I worked for DOI for a while and while they tend to be underpaid and under resourced, as well as having like 100 funding streams, they are generally good people especially if you get a field gig. The state and federal offices are where most of the bleeding hearts are but at the district offices and bellow it's like 90% conservatives. My office used to damn near shut down during hunting seasons since everyone took off to go kill shit.

The pay is kinda shit in DOI as well. But if you like to be outdoors and work with your hands it's a rewarding job and most I have worked with are passionate and love it.

Are you currently a contractor or fed? Having career status yet? Feel free to dm me if you have questions.

Nowadays, if you tell them that you “do it” both ways you’ll up your chances of getting the gig! You know diversity and stuff. 😂 in all seriousness, good luck. It won’t hurt to respond to both. Think about it, two is one and one is none. You’ll increase your chances of being seen. Unless they specifically state somewhere not to apply multiple ways from multiple sources.

Responding to the outreach notification could actually reinforce your interest in the position. It shows enthusiasm and dedication. It's not overkill; rather, it demonstrates your eagerness to seize the chance. Speaking of seizing opportunities, if anyone's curious about medical careers, https://www.exploremedicalcareers.com/phlebotomist/ sheds light on the rewarding path of a phlebotomist.

Last edited: