• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal Gold Medal GM215M Where to buy?

Moonraker

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2007
Gridley, CA
Anyone know where I can buy these primers? I've looked high and low and I've turned up exactly 0 of these. I'd like to start shooting beyond 1000 yards, but I can't get a round loaded
smile.gif

Re: Federal Gold Medal GM215M Where to buy?

Standard 215s work just as well if you can find them. Same velocity and spreads in my rifles between the M and standard Fed primers.

When asking what the difference is between std and the match the answer was $8 a box.

so there is no appreciable difference between the reg feds and the match feds?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pacomdiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so there is no appreciable difference between the reg feds and the match feds? </div></div>

Take this for what its worth, as I do not remember where I got the info. It may have been from a reloading forum or an interview/tour I watched or a book I have read.

As I recall, the difference is the match primers are assembled by staff that have had a lot of experience making primers and have had years to prefect their technique.

I was on a backorder for some of these and some 210's from Graf's for a while, Lady called me up and said they were in stock but my CC info was expired, While on the phone I was able to bag about 15k worth of 210M's and 10k worth of 215M's. I moved some along to another hide member, kept some for my shooting pleasure and sold some to some friends. Was also able to bag some Varget, RL-22, and RL-15. I ordered enough crap the $20 hazmat fee was a non issue. Seems the only way to go is to order this crap in mass so the hazmat fee isnt such a big deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pacomdiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so there is no appreciable difference between the reg feds and the match feds?</div></div>

None that my rifles can tell. Same velocity, ES and SD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pacomdiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so there is no appreciable difference between the reg feds and the match feds? </div></div>

Take this for what its worth, as I do not remember where I got the info. It may have been from a reloading forum or an interview/tour I watched or a book I have read.

As I recall, the difference is the match primers are assembled by staff that have had a lot of experience making primers and have had years to prefect their technique. </div></div>

Speer mentions this in their reloading manuals. They take the most experienced and consistent primer 'makers' and use them on their Bench Rest line of primers. I've also read where the production line is slowed down by a third for longer inspection times equating to more consistent primers.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was on a backorder for some of these and some 210's from Graf's for a while, Lady called me up and said they were in stock but my CC info was expired, While on the phone I was able to bag about 15k worth of 210M's and 10k worth of 215M's. I moved some along to another hide member, kept some for my shooting pleasure and sold some to some friends. Was also able to bag some Varget, RL-22, and RL-15. I ordered enough crap the $20 hazmat fee was a non issue. Seems the only way to go is to order this crap in mass so the hazmat fee isnt such a big deal. </div></div>

Damn. I'd like to be your friend. Need me to scrub anything with my tooth brush for you? Maybe flea dip your poodle? Hey man, I'm serious....