• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal gold medal match 175 308 availability FGMM

Southpaw357

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry if this is a dumb question but anybody seen the FGMM 175's for sale anywhere other than midway? They ask around 35 a box on midway but i prefer not to pay more than 25-27 a box or less if thats even possible anymore. I buy 500 to 1,000 rounds at a time. Any leads appreciated, thanks!

Good luck on those prices, cheapest I've seen any FGMM (usually 168) is $30 a box, every now and then Palmetto State Armory has it cheap, good luck

sgammo occasionally has it in case lots can be a little less.

I think it is 'seasonal'…at least it was in the pre-ammo-wildness days. I always got the 762 175 FGMM there vs the 308 175 FGMM, not that there is a difference.

If you want top quality ammunition buy Hornady 168gr A-max Match. I have some for sale on gunbroker and it shoots as good as any handload without any hastle. I have proven that to my friends in an FN SCAR, Remington 308 mountain rifle, and Rock River 308. They all shoot 1/2 groups. You should at least try a box.

I had found the 168gr back around October at academy sports in New Orleans for either 24 or 26 bucks a box but haven't seen them there since the new year. Granted I don't get to check regularly.

yeah i checked the last time i purchased the 175s and it was from palmetto state armory back in august. i think they do seasonal runs as previously mentioned. i will keep my eye on it or call palmetto.

GUNBOT.NET keeps an active inventory of multiple vendors, may have to be patient but never had to wait longer than 7 days to find 175gr SMK FGMM

Last edited:
Yeah I usually get mine off of gun broker but from an actual store who sells on there. I was getting them last month for about 1.4 per round after shipping. I'm going to start reloading once I get all my equipment in. Even though that will be some work finding some components.

My local gun shops usually have a few boxes. Might want to check locally.

AmmoSeek also keeps up to date prices on pistol and rifle ammo in all calibers and directs you to sellers who have what you're looking for in stock! Prices are listed per round from lowest the highest. Has worked well for me for over a year. Reloading supplies much more difficult to tracks down, but following blogs here has been helpful. Good luck

Check Southwest Ammo for your 175s. They use the same projectile as the FGMM, shoot very well and are typically cheaper.

I'll have to agree with FlashGordon. That price can't be beat. I'd stock up on those.

I was in the PSA on Farrow Rd earlier this week and I think they had plenty on the shelf. Seems like they try to operate the site and stores as independently as possible but maybe they'll pull some for you and ship it out.

I was in the PSA on Farrow Rd earlier this week and I think they had plenty on the shelf. Seems like they try to operate the site and stores as independently as possible but maybe they'll pull some for you and ship it out.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can find it at my local Academy sporting goods store for 26 dollars.

Chad from custom dallas reloads has always been a helpful guy to me. I have never shot is ammo but I would think it would be good stuff. Very nice guy.

I have a few hundred rounds of fgmm 175gr that I bought last year, I paid $25-30 per box. I probably won't use them for years though, I just reload now. 42gr of h4895 under a 175 SMK is much more accurate for me

The last time I found a deal on FGMM it was at Palmetto State. I tend to stockpile FGMM and Black Hills depending on what I get a deal on. I think Mike at Oakland Tactical has some Black Hills in stock at the moment.