• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal Housing Administration greenlights 40-year mortgages

Makes sense, signup a bunch of idiots for loans they'll never pay off and make the banks more money
4D2AD523-C4B4-48E0-B101-DA9CEDBF6A62.jpeg

Doesn't hit as hard until you see the loan as a 30 and a 40 side by side

40 year, $400,000 loan amount (no taxes no insurance, no nothing else)

1680995777123.png

Same everything, but 30 year, $400,000 loan amount (no taxes no insurance, no nothing else)

1680995840427.png

Looking at the $198 per month difference in payment per month. I guess that might qualify more people for more expensive housing, but doesn't seem like a significant difference to me. Buy a beater car, learn to fix it yourself, no car payments, then buy the house with a more traditional 30 year. Fuck people are stupid.

They will be 20 years in before they touch the principal. Saddle the government with some kind of guaranteed loans that will never be paid and this will help finish things off.

Makes sense, signup a bunch of idiots for loans they'll never pay off and make the banks more money View attachment 8116024
We bought our house for $435k, no money down (VA loan) and pay less than that for a 30 year mortgage...of course our interest rate is a bit lower...3.45% IIRC. Supposedly the house is now worth $575K...they'll keep pumping that figure up so we drown in taxes.

Reactions: 101st
all part of the gov generated problems. have a very nice trailer next door. it is nice but still a trailer. owner gets $1600/mo rent. my grands and youngest daughter have rents from $1400-1800 for nothing very spiffy. how can any young person or couple get able to buy a home when saving is impossible on young person's starting out wages? not happening if things stay the same. yes, the gov and elite goals are to have everyone in "high density" housing that they control. i.e. except for the gov rulers and the elite's 50 acre spreads and 3000 sq ft houses.

Reactions: BCP
This eliminates the home as an investment vehicle and simply transfers more wealth to the banks. The middle class doesn't have huge liquidity. The home and property are the main investment that is left to heirs. The more 40 year mortgages, the less inherited wealth in the middle class.

This eliminates the home as an investment vehicle and simply transfers more wealth to the banks. The middle class doesn't have huge liquidity. The home and property are the main investment that is left to heirs. The more 40 year mortgages, the less inherited wealth in the middle class.
At that sort of deal youre better off renting, then at least your insurance is minimal, no property tax, no upkeep, and if you want to go your not saddled to it.

Reactions: BLEE