• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal MIA ammo

Heretic

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2011
Las Vegas
Hello fellow reloaders! I had a full box of this Federal M1A ammo and it shot beautifully out of my...you guessed it...M1A.

Has anyone figured out the load data for this?

20231120_165631.jpg

Reactions: simonp
Internet search from another website. A pretty standard load.

"The Federal M1A ammunition uses a 168 grain open tip match bullet, made in-house by Federal, a #34 primer and 42.5 grains of IMR-4064."

I pulled one years ago and sure looked like 4064 to me. 42-42.5 sounds about right with a cci or winchester primer and I used the speer 168 otm which was a closer match than nosler, sierra or hornady brand.

Reactions: Heretic
Hello fellow reloaders! I had a full box of this Federal M1A ammo and it shot beautifully out of my...you guessed it...M1A.

Has anyone figured out the load data for this?

View attachment 8277423
I pulled one years ago and sure looked like 4064 to me. 42-42.5 sounds about right with a cci or winchester primer and I used the speer 168 otm which was a closer match than nosler, sierra or hornady brand.
I just tried the new Igman 308 round loaded with a Sierra Match King 175 grain bullet. Took it out to Talladega CMP. This is incredibly accurate at 600 yards in my Supermatch M1A, Sako TRG, and GA precision M-40A1. As good as Gold Medal and Creedmore! Did I mention .87 cents a round? I can’t buy the SMK bullet for that.

Reactions: Heretic