• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal primers 210 vs. 210M

Re: Federal primers 210 vs. 210M

I have found no difference between the two........

I used to use all the federal "M" primers...the 205 an 210. Tried winchester standard and did just as good or better in some cases. Also cheaper most places as well.

My understanding is that they're the same primers made by the same process. Supposedly, the Match primers are made by more experienced workers, hopefully introducing less variation into the process. I've never heard of any testing done to verify that differences in consistency do exist.

+1 on the WLR primers, they're becoming my goto primer on a lot of loads. I've got over 9000 210M's and right now I'm trying to find more WLRs because, in a lot of cases, they work better.

I've used both in the same load and didn't see any differance in velocity. I'm curious to see what Fedral says. Let us know what you come up with Anderhorn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anderhorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Has anyone noticed a diference in performance between Fed 210 vs. 210M? </div></div>

Not for me. I think it's only noticeable if you are BR shooters.

Reply from Federal....

Greetings, Our Match 210 primers are held to a tighter spec providing moreconsistency in lot to lot with little variance. The 210 standard primersstill have tight specs but are not held to as high of tolerances.

So they are the same but, you might get a bad on here and there. I'll take my chances, have been shooting 210's for a while and am quite happy.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anderhorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reply from Federal....

Greetings, Our Match 210 primers are held to a tighter spec providing moreconsistency in lot to lot with little variance. The 210 standard primersstill have tight specs but are not held to as high of tolerances. </div></div>
The actual variation in the product is determined by the process, not the specification.

I did a test between the two a few months ago. Using my GAP308 I shot 4 - 5shot groups with the 210's then the same number of groups with the 210m's. I think the 210M's averaged in the .480's and the 210's averaged around .530. Not a lot of difference. But I still prefer the 210M's. The powder was Varget.

I find them to be the exact same. Especially if you buy a case of 5000 from the same lot. I see the exact same velocity and group size.

Lol. I didn't notice that. Maybe I'll change my name to the necromancer.

You can use this for an avatar if you want 🤣🤣

ThreadNecro.jpg