• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal Primers

moonstalanda

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2023
USA
I recently had a conversation with the shop owner from whom I regularly purchase most of my components. During our discussion, he mentioned an interesting tidbit of information that has me somewhat concerned. Apparently, there's a rumor circulating within the community that Federal might be planning to suspend primer production for civilian consumers and instead allocate them exclusively for their loaded ammunition.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has come across this information or heard similar rumors? Seems like bad timing with the obvious demand and huge recent growth of gun owners.

CCI did that during the FIRST Biden shortage... I'm sure Federal and Remington did, as well. They make much higher profits off of selling loaded ammo than they do selling primers to guys like us who reload. PLUS, majority of the people out there buy factory ammo, and don't reload, which means increased ammo sales on that end, compared to selling individual components. So, from a purely capitalist standpoint...I can understand why they do that. But from a consumer and reloader standpoint, it really pisses me off.

Did you honestly expect them to suspend ammo production so they could run some primers for handloaders?

Another great aspect of D.J.T. getting re-re-elected would be getting to watch Federal and CCI having to pour their $100/brick primers over their damn Corn Flakes……

They can’t just make more. Research how primers are made and your expectations will change.
Actually they can expand primer production facilities, if they choose to do so. And yes, I do know how primers are made.

Clearly they have chosen not to for reasons we can only speculate about.

Last edited:
Another great aspect of D.J.T. getting re-re-elected would be getting to watch Federal and CCI having to pour their $100/brick primers over their damn Corn Flakes……
So I’ve heard an endless list of AMAZING things that will happen when our lord and savior is back in his rightful throne room….er, office. But you’re going to have to explain this one.