• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FedEx no longer shipping firearms.

Darkside-Six

Trigger Puller.
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan.
    Just a head up. Just went to ship a rifle from FedEx which I’ve done many times and was told that they just changed their rules and guidelines within the last week. You can no longer ship a firearm as a private seller even if it’s going to an FFL.

I literally just sent one about a week ago with no issues but the office manager showed me the memo that was just sent out last week. Tried to blame it on a “federal guideline” but UPS still shipping them just fine.

Just a head up. Just went to ship a rifle from FedEx which I’ve done many times and was told that they just changed their rules and guidelines within the last week. You can no longer ship a firearm as a private seller even if it’s going to an FFL.

I literally just sent one about a week ago with no issues but the office manager showed me the memo that was just sent out last week. Tried to blame it on a “federal guideline” but UPS still shipping them just fine.
    FedEx sucks anyway. In my experience they are way worse than ups about damaging stuff.

640px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

For what it's worth I ordered something not even remotely gun related (it was a box of cleaning supplies for my car). The company I bought it from turned it over to Fedex on April 8. On April 24 I finally got my box. 16 days.

Why tell them its a gun?
    Wireless whole puncher would work...
    Yeah that’s what I’m learning. Always kinda thought we had to. Especially when it’s going to a gun place but maybe I’ll just start shopping telescopes. Lol

I experienced this about 2 months ago. Went into the same fedex location that I normally use and they gave me the same BS. Not that it changed anything, but they had all they wanted of me by the time I left. Pretty sure I started a thread on it here.

Had a FFL to FFL transfer of a shotgun last week, Texas to Georgia via Fedex. Package showed delivered, so I called the FFL to let him know I was on the way. He said he hasn’t seen it. Turns out they delivered (allegedly) to someone, who signed for it. The name they signed was in no way associated with anyone listed as part of the transaction. Filed a claim and asked them why they handed it off to whoever they gave it to. They responded that they just require a signature from an adult…, Who knows where it is or who has it?….

Why tell them its a gun?
    Wireless whole puncher would work...
    I've never disclosed the contents of any package in more than general terms.

"It's machined metal components" is about the best they've ever gotten from me.
    Because their policy now reads...

you need an FFL and to sign a compliance agreemnt...

"Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement"

Reactions: Darkside-Six
    I wish I could post it, because I recorded it, but I went into a UPS store, and got into a very heated verbal confrontation with the manager about shipping a barrel. Guy shoved policy papers almost in my face and told me I couldn't read.

Because their policy now reads...

you need an FFL and to sign a compliance agreemnt...

"Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement"

Just take out enough insurance to cover the price of what you are shipping. If they ask what it is tell them whatever you want. Machined metal components works.

Just take out enough insurance to cover the price of what you are shipping. If they ask what it is tell them whatever you want. Machined metal components works.
    They won’t pay the claim if to tell them later it was a gun.

The policy changed in early September 2021. You have to be an Approved FFL to ship with them. I understand that a small FFL will probably not qualify under their new rules. Just another way to shut you down.

They won’t pay the claim if to tell them later it was a gun.

The policy changed in early September 2021. You have to be an Approved FFL to ship with them. I understand that a small FFL will probably not qualify under their new rules. Just another way to shut you down.
    That’s weird cause I’ve shipped plenty of firearms in the last few months with them. From what I read from what the company put out to employees this policy change just happens within the last week.

Either way, it’s fucking stupid

that's nice not that they ever shipped anything without destroying the package anyway . It also means I can find another company to give my money to do do that and anything else I may want shipped there loss on income .

Had a FFL to FFL transfer of a shotgun last week, Texas to Georgia via Fedex. Package showed delivered, so I called the FFL to let him know I was on the way. He said he hasn’t seen it. Turns out they delivered (allegedly) to someone, who signed for it. The name they signed was in no way associated with anyone listed as part of the transaction. Filed a claim and asked them why they handed it off to whoever they gave it to. They responded that they just require a signature from an adult…, Who knows where it is or who has it?….
    They are well known for dropping firearms at wrong addresses and at doors of closed ffls in plain view.

Why are you telling anyone what you are shipping?

You're sending "precision measurement tools for calibration."

How hard was that?

I've never disclosed the contents of any package in more than general terms.

"It's machined metal components" is about the best they've ever gotten from me.
    Tried that with ammo. Said it was hunting supplies and that wouldn’t fly.
    Fucking commies.

Call Fed Ex and tell them you are calling the ATF since someone stole your firearm.

I bet they trace it pretty quickly.

That's fine with me....I'd rather ship via syphilitic llama than ship with FedEx. Quit using them as; 1) their performance sucks and, 2) their politically motivated policies suck.

Yeah, I can ship via FedEx from a local FFL that does a lot of that....but I won't. Not in this life or the next.

Fuck FedEx

fedex-usps-ups-meme-amazon.jpg

Attachments

• 1651025712620.jpeg
      1651025712620.jpeg
      7.3 KB · Views: 154
    Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: brian1 and candyx
    I dont ship shit anymore. To fucking expensive no matter the method. Luckily I live in a large metroplex so there is generally somebody local that wants to buy.

I sold an RCBS Chargemaster to a guy here. 6 lbs... 55 fucking dollars to ship via USPS. UPS and FedEx wanted 85 bucks... FUCK YOU. I ALMOST messaged the guy and said "im sending your money back, this bull shit isnt worth spending almost 100 bucks to ship a 6lb item that I sold for 250 bucks". Instead I ate shit on the shipping and when I sent the guy a pic of the receipt with the tracking number he went "holy fuck 55 bucks" and sent me another 25 bucks even though I told him dont worry about it.

I then went on another add I had and said "no shipping, but ill meet somebody half way to Houston or Austin or up to 2 hours drive from Dallas in any direction" and sold it to a semi local guy... The gas is cheaper.

We ship quite a bit with FedEx at work.
    They could fuck up an anvil if they didn’t lose it altogether.
    It sucks to lose shipping options, but they’d be my last choice for shipping anything, much less a gun.

Reactions: Charger442
    That’s weird cause I’ve shipped plenty of firearms in the last few months with them. From what I read from what the company put out to employees this policy change just happens within the last week.

Either way, it’s fucking stupid
    "Unfortunately the change appears to be official and posted in Fedex's new updated 2021 terms of service guide..

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/Service_Guide_2021.pdf

Page 125:

"Firearms Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive. On behalf of customers holding an FFL who enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement and federal, state, or local government agencies, FedEx Express will transport and deliver firearms, antique firearms, and replica firearms, all as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, as well as muzzleloaders and black powder firearms (collectively “firearms”)"

Call Fed Ex and tell them you are calling the ATF since someone stole your firearm.

Done last night. Seller contacted ATF in Texas and FFL here in Georgia contacted ATF office in Atlanta. We’ll see what happens when they start asking questions…

I dont ship shit anymore. To fucking expensive no matter the method. Luckily I live in a large metroplex so there is generally somebody local that wants to buy.

I sold an RCBS Chargemaster to a guy here. 6 lbs... 55 fucking dollars to ship via USPS. UPS and FedEx wanted 85 bucks... FUCK YOU. I ALMOST messaged the guy and said "im sending your money back, this bull shit isnt worth spending almost 100 bucks to ship a 6lb item that I sold for 250 bucks". Instead I ate shit on the shipping and when I sent the guy a pic of the receipt with the tracking number he went "holy fuck 55 bucks" and sent me another 25 bucks even though I told him dont worry about it.

I then went on another add I had and said "no shipping, but ill meet somebody half way to Houston or Austin or up to 2 hours drive from Dallas in any direction" and sold it to a semi local guy... The gas is cheaper.

Pretty much have to use flat rate for decent rates. UPS largest box rate is one I've used a few times. $25~

Common Box Dimensions: 12 in x 12 in x 12 in, 16 in x 12 in x 9 in, 18 in x 12 in x 6 in

Pretty much have to use flat rate for decent rates. UPS largest box rate is one I've used a few times. $25~

Common Box Dimensions: 12 in x 12 in x 12 in, 16 in x 12 in x 9 in, 18 in x 12 in x 6 in

Recently?

I dont think the box I shipped was any bigger than the 12x12x12...

Prices were just straight stupid...

Another item I was selling was a swaybar off a car. Long, but thin and not that wide. I got quotes from FedEx and UPS that were like 125 bucks(and that was just putting in the dimensions and weight of the piece, minus any box which obviously would have been larger). The thing was only worth 200... Fuck you shipping...

I have a theory that FedEx, UPS and USPS have so many contracts with retailers(mainly Amazon) where the shipping is stupid cheap(for the retailer) that they then have to fuck over private individuals to make up for the ass raping they are taking with these retail accounts. Like the item above that would have cost me $125. The item, from the manufacturer is $269 brand new with free shipping... There is NO WAY the manufacturer is paying $125+ to ship that to me... I bet they are paying like $15-20 bucks...

Recently?

I dont think the box I shipped was any bigger than the 12x12x12...

Prices were just straight stupid...

Another item I was selling was a swaybar off a car. Long, but thin and not that wide. I got quotes from FedEx and UPS that were like 125 bucks(and that was just putting in the dimensions and weight of the piece, minus any box which obviously would have been larger). The thing was only worth 200... Fuck you shipping...

I have a theory that FedEx, UPS and USPS have so many contracts with retailers(mainly Amazon) where the shipping is stupid cheap(for the retailer) that they then have to fuck over private individuals to make up for the ass raping they are taking with these retail accounts. Like the item above that would have cost me $125. The item, from the manufacturer is $269 brand new with free shipping... There is NO WAY the manufacturer is paying $125+ to ship that to me... I bet they are paying like $15-20 bucks...

$25 is the rate currently posted on ups.com. Smaller boxes are cheaper. I don't understand the separation of flat rate from regular pricing despite the dimensions/weight being the same. Flat rate UPS is great for shipping ammo boxes from east to west coast etc. as it won't charge more for distance. I think one thing I sold and shipped was going to be $70 regular, but flat rate was capped at $25.

Because as mentioned above they will not cover a claim if it wasn’t disclosed. Sorry but when I’m sending a $5k rifle better safe than sorry. 🤷‍♂️
    News flash. They're not covering the claim anyway...

Will FedEx ship a firearm back to the manufacturer for warranty work or to a gunsmith for work? No transfer required.

Will FedEx ship a firearm back to the manufacturer for warranty work or to a gunsmith for work? No transfer required.

Sounds like FedEx wants the FFL give you the label on their account. Think I read that elsewhere, but that was last year.

Yep had a rifle shipped fedex from Oregon to MN. FFL mistakenly sent a copy of another FFL that they had dealt with in MT. Happened to check tracking the day it was delivered and was like WTF, its in MT. Dug into it, MT guy went to forward it on to MN and had FedEx pick it up, then Gonzo no tracking.

Gave it 3 or 4 days to show tracking then called the local FedEx facility to MT FFL to tell them ATF has been notified. Tracking popped later that day. Screw FedEx.

UPS will now use this in thier favor and start charging more. Also, UPS may follow suit and adopt the same rule as FedEx (hope not).

These rules are stupid but I ship via an FFL anyway. Eliminates all issues I don't want to deal with and the $35 fee I get charged is piece of mind.

I'm not surprised with FedEx for this policy because their employment practices are terrible. They don't even require their drivers to wear a FedEx uniform of any kind. If you're driving some non-descript rented van and not wearing a uniform, you are not coming on my property -- end of discussion. Or if you're driving a FedEx truck while blasting vulgar music from your boombox while wearing your pants below your ass... you have no respect from me. Be a fucking professional in all that you do. Plus, the ones I've interacted with are all obvious UPS rejects - a few freely stated they "used to work for UPS". FedEx, we get a different driver every time (UPS... same driver every weekday -- even give him a Christmas gift, only get someone else on weekend deliveries and they're usually on point). I only use FedEx if I am given a label. One FedEx guy backed into my building and caused damage, left without doing anything about it, and we had to chase down FedEx with security footage. Took 2-years.

Non-USPS packing prices are used to subsidize the flat rate boxes.

Reactions: KZP
    I’ll give you an example of something I just had to do.
    Had to mail back my new ar10 upper to get the throats free bore fixed. Used ups. Cost 58$ to ship. Would not have wanted to go through an ffl to do that

It’s obvious it’s all gonna change. Even ups eventually

Last edited:

yeah its been for a few months now.

but years ago i shipped a nice maple stocked Savage 720 Ordinance Proofed shotgun. i had wood boards in there to help brace the box, wrapped in like 7 layers of bubble wrap and peanuts... FEDEX snapped the stock at the wrist right behind the tang. i mean, you cant actually do that unless you are trying to or you literally run it over with a truck. it was a month of fighting with them to get a check cut for $350 for a replacement NOS stock from Numrich. it was a nightmare. i hate FEDEX.