• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FedEx will require a valid government-issued photo ID for Hazmat deliveries

Haven't had to sign for deliveries in years even if it requires a signature. Driver just scribbles on his pad and leaves the package on my porch/driveway. Wonder if this is to stop that.

Bullshit. They’ll still pitch that shit to the door from the street and beat feet before your ring door bell goes off.

If they are actually using the term "hazmat", it wouldn't pertain to ammo anyway - small arms ammo is not hazmat - primers and powder are.

I’ve got a really good FedEx driver. If he’s delivering something that requires a signature he honks his horn five or six times as he’s pulling up in front of the house.

He started doing this after I had to chase him down one Sunday afternoon when I missed a powder delivery because I was in the backyard and didn’t hear him arrive or knock. It was his idea to start honking the horn after that. He’s a good dude.

He delivered some powder last Wednesday and when I met him at the door he warned me about the DL scan rule that’s starting at the end of June. Seems he doesn’t like it any more than we do because it’s just one more thing he’s got to do….

Yeah, they’re not scanning my ID or even seeing it. They don’t want to leave it without a signature that’s fine but no way should they expect to scan someone’s ID to make a delivery. They can return the shit to the sender who can send it out again via another carrier.

I hope retailers will maybe stop using them finally because FedEx has been going to shit for years now.

Well... Let's get something straight here.... FedEx doesn't give a rat's ass about their customers.
Over night, FedEx announced they were upping the dividend on their stock. As I write, FedEx stock is up 12.46% from yesterday. The insiders at FedEx knew this was coming....
The top 5 guys are making between $5 million and $15 million a year...
They are selling your information to the highest bidder.... This class of elites will sell their mother or first born to the highest bidder.

I quit using Fedex for anything since they now prohibit normal Joes(non FFL) from shipping firearms. I used to show a copy of the FFL I am sending the rifle too but that is no longer is permissible. UPS is still open for gun business.

Note from Fedex:
"Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx."

I quit using Fedex for anything since they now prohibit normal Joes(non FFL) from shipping firearms. I used to show a copy of the FFL I am sending the rifle too but that is no longer is permissible. UPS is still open for gun business.

Note from Fedex:
"Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx."
I totally agree. UPS (long guns & ammo) and USPS (handguns, brass, and most anything that will fit into a Flat Rate box) get all my shipping business.

Reactions: jmornoinf
Here's the real story - it isn't related to hazmat or ammo or anything like that. It's strictly ID related. Anything that comes "Adult Signature Required (ASR)" is required to prove age. If the shipper has selected ASR, you must be 21 to sign for it, and this just formalizes that process. So, if you have ammo or anything else coming, if "signature required", no ID needed. If "ADULT signature required", you have to prove you're an adult (at least chronologically). Just like buying beer. How it gets shipped and what, if any, signatures are required is strictly up to the shipper.
THE ACTUAL NOTICE:
Effective June 28, 2022, FedEx Express and FedEx Ground will introduce ID scanning technology for deliveries of Adult Signature Required (ASR) packages in the U.S.

When a recipient’s ID is scanned, the Pickup and Delivery software:

• Electronically captures the recipient’s first initial and last name.

• Verifies the recipient is 21 years or older.

The Pickup and Delivery software does not record or store any other personal data encoded within the ID (e.g., driver's license number, birth date, home address, etc.).

ID scanning reduces manual data entry at the point of delivery, improving accuracy and increasing efficiency. If a recipient declines to have their ID scanned or the barcode on the recipient’s ID can’t be read for any reason, the recipient’s age will be verified by manual inspection of their ID, and the recipient’s first initial and last name will be manually entered. In addition to presenting their ID, the recipient must provide a signature for ASR deliveries.

Here's the real story - it isn't related to hazmat or ammo or anything like that. It's strictly ID related. Anything that comes "Adult Signature Required (ASR)" is required to prove age. If the shipper has selected ASR, you must be 21 to sign for it, and this just formalizes that process. So, if you have ammo or anything else coming, if "signature required", no ID needed. If "ADULT signature required", you have to prove you're an adult (at least chronologically). Just like buying beer. How it gets shipped and what, if any, signatures are required is strictly up to the shipper.
THE ACTUAL NOTICE:
Effective June 28, 2022, FedEx Express and FedEx Ground will introduce ID scanning technology for deliveries of Adult Signature Required (ASR) packages in the U.S.

When a recipient’s ID is scanned, the Pickup and Delivery software:

• Electronically captures the recipient’s first initial and last name.

• Verifies the recipient is 21 years or older.

The Pickup and Delivery software does not record or store any other personal data encoded within the ID (e.g., driver's license number, birth date, home address, etc.).

ID scanning reduces manual data entry at the point of delivery, improving accuracy and increasing efficiency. If a recipient declines to have their ID scanned or the barcode on the recipient’s ID can’t be read for any reason, the recipient’s age will be verified by manual inspection of their ID, and the recipient’s first initial and last name will be manually entered. In addition to presenting their ID, the recipient must provide a signature for ASR deliveries.
They are picking WAY MORE info than that........ Connect the dots..... That info is bundled with the shipper's info also....
Info is stored forever, until needed.

From the fedex site...
What if I do not want to have my ID scanned at delivery?

If you decline to have your ID scanned at delivery, your age will be verified by the driver by manually entering your date of birth. The driver will also manually enter your first initial and last name.

So yeah doubt anything will change

More invasion of privacy. But let's face it... If you order anything online and pay with a credit/debit card, there's a record of what was bought.

But yeah, it's bullshit.

I'm about to the point that I'm going to have my LGS order my shit. Then I'll pay him cash when I pick it up... And if he wants to charge me a small consignment fee, so be it.

Mike