• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Fed's at the speed of smell

Rhys

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Called to request a Form 1 aplication packet at the beginning of March and it finaly showed up today. I hope they're a bit more expedient when I send it back to them. Just need to decide which one I'm going to do, 22 cal or 30 cal. If 22 it will be doing double duty on a 22-250 and possibly a .17 predator. If .30 it will be an integral on a .300 Fireball.

Re: Fed's at the speed of smell

can't you just print form 1 off ...batf website?

Not last time I tried. This was the entire packet with the forms and cards.

check your specs on your can before you shoot 17 or 22-250 thru it. that is a hell of a lot more pressure then a 22 lr. I would look into the SWR Spectre if I was you.

I would have to see your barrel or suppressor blow up because you tried to push to much thru it.

You're in WY, take a look at TBAC before you mfg your own. They have titanium cans, and are a class 2 SOT in WY. Ray and Zach have been nothing but helpful to me in the past.

Thunder Beast Arms Corporation
http://www.thunderbeastarms.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're in WY, take a look at TBAC before you mfg your own. They have titanium cans, and are a class 2 SOT in WY. Ray and Zach have been nothing but helpful to me in the past.

Thunder Beast Arms Corporation
http://www.thunderbeastarms.com/ </div></div>

Definitely do that! I just got a .223P last month, it's lightweight and rated for .22-250. Don't forget Shane bcw.

I've looked at the TBAC cans deffinately nice. I'm doing one on the From one just to see if it's something I want to mess with any further and add the 02 SOT onto my 07 FFL. More experimental than anything. Either cann will be built from the same materials just the bore would be different.

cool. let us know how it turns out!

BTW- I didn't mean to forget Shane, I just couldn't remember his name at the time. I was thinking Scott for some reason...

COpy the Form 1 for yourself so that you don't have to wait so long next time. They take copies without a problem.

Also, I'd suggest going with the 30 cal and don't make it integral to the 300 Fireball. Make it screw off, and setup for the centerfire pressures, this way you can use it on everything you listed.

A 22LR strength can will not handle 22-250