• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

feed problem with savage magazine

njlohmann

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2011
South Central MN
I two .223 savage factory magazines (5 rounders)
My problem is that one of them does not want to feed properly. The 2nd round from the top only chambers correctly about 40% of the time and the bottom round never chambers correctly. I was unsuccessful at finding a solution to my problem using the search function so I am wondering if any of you have an idea of what I need to do to make it function correctly.

Re: feed problem with savage magazine

First thing to check would be the magazine spring. I had the same problem with my Stevens, and all I did was stretch the spring a little to give it more upward force to keep the round from diving.

You will need to make sure that the front lip of the magazine follower is being pushed up farther than the back of the follower. The rear has to be pushed up as well so that the bolt will pickup the round.

Give it a try, I am sure that is all that is wrong with it.

DK