• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback on barrel centreline swivel bipod/mount for AICS stocks

gregt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
Australia
I've been playing around for a while with different bipod setups for an AICS and machined this up recently. I like the idea of it, the rifle swivels around the barrel centreline and can be locked up with the knob at the front. It locks into the stock using the regular AI spigot and the bore of it is 32mm so it fits over most barrel profiles. I made this one to fit the legs off an Atlas bipod for my own rifle. I'm going to use it for a while myself and see if it's worth the effort it took to make. The throw lever on the spigot mount is temporary because I can't find my knurling tool to finish a knob and I'm thinking of an over centre clamp lever rather than the threaded knob to lock it. Any other input?

I've got another couple of bits drawn up that mount the regular bipod on a rail off the bottom of the rotating sleeve to save pulling a bipod apart, one that will mount a regular Harris bipod and also a setup with some Sako TRG style legs. This is more of a proof of concept thing than an actual product, I'd appreciate a bit of feedback as to whether it's a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist or something worthwhile pursuing.

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg