• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Feedback on Tikka T3X A1 Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor

Vartarg

My Boy Hap....
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
Louisiana
For several years I've been shooting a Savage Model 12 F-Class rifle in our clubs 300 and 600 yard factory class matches, but am thinking about getting one of the "new" precision type bolt guns...Ruger, Savage or Tikka.

I'm leaning towards the Tikka, but am having difficulty finding much concrete information or feedback.

Any Tikka precision rifle shooters out there??

Thanks,

George

I don't have one, but got to play with one.

If you like AR style ergonomics and a slick bolt it's nice. There are more and more options coming out for them all of the time as well. It's fairly light as well.

It's not the ticket for F Class if that's what you are interested in. It's more of a hybrid PRS/Hunting Rifle.

BangBang....thanks for the response.

I'm not an F Class shooter....our matches are "bench rest" events, and I think a rifle like this would compete well in the Factory class against similar guns as well as conventional bolt hunting rifles.

BangBang....thanks for the response.

I'm not an F Class shooter....our matches are "bench rest" events, and I think a rifle like this would compete well in the Factory class against similar guns as well as conventional bolt hunting rifles.

For a geneal purpose little bit of everything rifle I think it would be great. I think they sell for around $1800.

The John Hancock from PVA might be a better value with a similar end-state.

I have seen them for $1500 new online and you get 3 magazines with that.

I am fully sold on Tikka and I have the Tac A1 also ...

The base rifle is awesome, the chassis a bit on the budget side, but still, it works.

I have them in 260, not 6.5CM, same difference, out of the box my T3x was amazing, the Tac A1 is solid, I still need to play with it more, but it's definitely a good choice for guys.

Reactions: rookie7
I ordered one (6.5CM) this am from Buds....they met the $1600 price from another store...should have it next week.

I ordered an EGW front rest adapter, and have a Gemtech can for it. I'm planning on moving my NF 15-55X52 over to it, and putting my NF 12-42 on my Savage 6 BRX.

I have two Sako TRGs and a Tikka T3, the 20" 6.5CM from McRee's Precision. I love Sakos and Tikka. I have been setting up the T3x Tac A1 for a friend. Rifle is great, shoots like a laser with Prime 6.5s and even better with my hand loads. I REALLY REALLY like the trigger on the Tikka.

Note, when Setting up the Tac A1 we put a Sig 4-25x Tango 4 on the rifle with Vortex precision rings and could only get 6 mil elevation. Had a local gunsmith swap for 20moa Night Force top rail to get back into the middle of the adjustment zone and its been a major pain. The factory top rail leverages against the fore end / hand guard and the Night Force doesn't. (it was the only option i found for the T3 at the time) There is a bend up in the fore end without the factory rail. If anyone has any advice on a different top rail or how to correct this, i would love to know.

I will likely just put the factory rail back on and order a 20moa Spuhr.

I won one recently at the Steel City Precision match. So far I'm happy with it. Precision is good although it has a really long throat and I need a full grain more to get the same velocity I get in the custom gun I used to win this one. The chassis is pretty decent but you may need to do some tuning on your mags: I've given that feedback to their rifles department and they are working on it. The trigger is awesome; I'm a huge fan of 2-stage. I'm going to use it in its first match later this month.

Reactions: Vartarg