• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feeding .284Win in a FN SPR

*Nine

Tactical Operator
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2009
USA
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I'm not really familiar with the challenges (if any) the controlled feed of the SPR (pre 64 Win 70) action presents. If I wanted to feed .284 Winchester rounds from a detachable magazine would it be as simple as tweaking the magazine's feed lips to make the rounds sit at the correct height?

Re: Feeding .284Win in a FN SPR

What magazine are you looking to run?

Original factory (4rd mag) that came on the FN SPR, the newest magazine offered by FN (5rd & 10rd mags), AICS mags, Alpha mags, or C-product mags? Answer is slightly different for each.

I have a number of Alpha mags, so I'd like to run them if possible. If it's not possible from the Alphas then I'd be looking to run the AICS magazines.

Alpha mags it should be a tweak on feed lips to let round sit up a bit higher and you are good to go.