• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Feeding issues, #FNG problems

pwmr_rob

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2017
I have a remmy 700 6.5 cm worked over by the folks at LRI, and I am having trouble with loading aics mags. I've used both the magpul and standard aics steel mags, when I load the magazine into the magwell, I have to reach into the ejection port to push the first round from the magazine backwards to seat the round into the "upright position" in order to for the the bolt to feed the into the chamber smoothly. I am loading (hornady140 ELD) at COAL to 2.880 and I have physically looked inside the mag well to make sure the tip of the bullet does not catch the feed ramp when I seat the magazine. For some reason it still does not seat the bullet in the correct position, if I am saying that correctly, and I have to push the first round back. The action is sitting in a magpul 700 hunter stock, utilizing their proprietary magwell just for reference. Thoughts?

Does the round present itself correctly with one round in the mag? If you are loading more than 3 and it is not functioning I would say your OAL is to long for those mags. Sounds like the rounds are getting crossed up in the mag and not letting the springs push them up. 2.880 would be pretty tight for those magazines unless the AICS has been modified for longer COAL.