• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Feeding Issues...need a cure!

Sigurd the Ryder

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2018
Ok, here is what I have:
24/47 Yugo mauser with Krieger barrel chambered for 7X57 Mauser AI...The chamber has a tightneck of .312, and cases are turned to .310 when loaded. I am useing the standard 3"coal.

The cartridges jam sideways and the rim of the cartridge never gets under the claw...so how do I fix this issue?

Thanx!

Sigurd the Ryder

Ok I figured it out on my own. The claw extractor is new. I noticed interference between it and the case rim while mating the two, holding the withdrawn and removed bolt in my keft hand and trying to slide the rim under the claw...it was not shaped correctly! A little careful work with a diamnd bit on my dremel tool and then some polishing finally achieved success...

I went slow and only took a small amount of metal at a time removing and repplacing the claw from the bot 5-6 times until I got smooth contoled feeding....once I was satified with operation I used a polishing wheel to pretty it up and reblued the white metal ....it looks and works great now.

Ok I figured it out on my own. The claw extractor is new. I noticed interference between it and the case rim while mating the two, holding the withdrawn and removed bolt in my keft hand and trying to slide the rim under the claw...it was not shaped correctly! A little careful work with a diamnd bit on my dremel tool and then some polishing finally achieved success...

I went slow and only took a small amount of metal at a time removing and repplacing the claw from the bot 5-6 times until I got smooth contoled feeding....once I was satified with operation I used a polishing wheel to pretty it up and reblued the white metal ....it looks and works great now.
Yup! After looking same problem here...seems 8 X57 military brass not exactly like 7x57 commercial brass....it is working now thanks for the tip! I used a dremel kraton wheel