• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Feeling low right now

tomme boy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2007
Iowa 52732
I have not looked at some pics of my best friend in a while. I was just looking at some of these and I started to cry. God I miss him. The hardest thing I have ever done is to put him down. He had a non operable spinal injury.

I think I am going to go get f-ed up now.

IMG_0643.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00615_edited.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

Scanned_Photo-3.jpg

Re: Feeling low right now

Damn dust, brings back thoughts of my ”sam”. I feel your pain man miss her.

i am VERY sorry to hear this, but Dude, ya gotta start searchin for a pup.....get 'er good and trained up...asap. It an unbelievable relationship between Man and Dog....start training a pup asap....be well

Sorry for the loss of an amazing best friend!!!

Sorry for your loss, I love and and have loved all my pups to death. Take comfort in knowing you did the right thing in not letting your best friend suffer and keep in mind he is waiting on the other side for you someday.

i have had to do the same thing and it is like losing a member of the family. i have kept hounds for over 50 years and some days i just sit back and think about the good ones.

sorry man...
My lab was hit a month ago, luckily she was able to pull through. I can't imagine not having her around.

Nothing better than hunting behind a good dog.
Sorry for the loss.
Remember the good times and keep the faith.
Can't be replaced, but there's another good dog out there wanting to work for you.

Sorry for your loss, but keep yout head up. I know it's like losing a family member, and that can never be replaced, but there are plenty of good pups looking for a good home.

I know your pain. Been there. I love my dog more than most people I know.

Though some people don't think dogs go to Heaven, I've gotta believe that all good things will be there!

If they aren't there, then when I die, I want to go where my dogs go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rather-b-huntin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know your pain. Been there. I love my dog more than most people I know.

Though some people don't think dogs go to Heaven, I've gotta believe that all good things will be there!

If they aren't there, then when I die, I want to go where my dogs go. </div></div>

You'll be pissin on fire plugs and treeing coons

Sorry your feeling low today. I know how you feel my dog died this summer while at the vet. He was in for some stitches and his stomach twisted overnight. Was only 5 1/2 year old. I still miss him.

Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. Been there too.

So sorry, after 17 years laid one of mine to rest. My only consolation was I gave her 17 beautiful years instead of her being placed in the wrong hands of someone who wouldn't have treated her as precious.

Beautiful brother, one can't be replaced, but each puppy is loved. My grandpa had a black lab named Jet, "he" lived for 40 years, every few he magically got younger and had to be retrained. I think there were 4 Jets total

I know how bad it hurts, never really gets any easier, but time does heal some. Just try to keep remembering the good rimes you guys had together.

Thanks guys. I don't know what happened. I had a PM from someone that liked my signature at the bottom of my post. He asked for some pics. As I was looking through some pics, I fell apart. I guess I have not gotten over this yet.

My old lady has been on me to go get another one. We have one right now. He is the little pup in the pic where I'm kneeling down holding them both. He is the old ladies dog. He is a big lap dog. I never did anything with him for training. When Bear died, I gave up all hunting. It really tore me apart. I still have not gone since he died. I do a lot of shooting, but thats it.

I think what really hurts the most is the times we spent out in the boat hunting ducks and geese. The small boat he is sitting on, I built the whole boat out of wood. Then encased it in epoxy and fiberglass cloth. I even sold the boat. I am 41 and have been hunting since I was old enough to hold a gun by myself. I can't even remember the first time I shot a gun. My first gun I remember having was my Grandfathers Browning A5 12 ga. I was givin this in 79 after he past. I was not able to use it for a few years as I could barely able to hold it. I was using a H&R 20 ga before this. I still have both of them.