• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feeling pretty stoked right now......

KaiserNorton

Sergeant
Minuteman
A while back I started the accumulation process by picking up a McMillan HTG with the wheel adjustable comb on another board (M700 inlet, sniper fill, woodland Camo). On Saturday, My Nightforce 8x32x56 BR scope showed up in the mail. Today, I finally took possession of my Pierce Engineering action, with it's Jewell trigger, 20moa rail, and recoil lug. When I checked my mail, my Bartlein barrel was resting on my porch (6mm, 1-7.5 twist, med palma). Couple these items with the bottom metal in the basement, and I think all that is left is action screws, scope rings, brass, dies, and a smith with a 6x47L reamer. Any smith recommendations?

Just looking to make a long range rig, not looking to become invisible - yet. I'd like it to be 750yds capable, possibly 1000 some day. I think the barrel contour is a bit on the light side for the HTGs inlet, but I'm OK with that.

The Kaiser

Re: Feeling pretty stoked right now......

Sounds like your on the right track to me friend! I think you will like the med palma. I run a heavy palma in my AICS and its about right. I think the Med Palma is a very good match up with the stock you have. Cant wait to see it all together. Who are you going to have build it? I know of a excellent gunsmith!! There are many around here that will take great care of you. Good luck. Life is good. Isnt it!!!!! Lee

A 7.5 twist 6x47 will get you way past 1k. Get LA Precision to do the work. I don't know if he has the reamer but if I were you I would ask. Sounds like it will be a shooter. Good luck!

I'd be too!!!

Great choice on the cartridge and other build choices.

PM me if you need some help with loads and such.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SevenBat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get LA Precision to do the work. I don't know if he has the reamer but if I were you I would ask. </div></div>

Yes, I have the reamer. .104" free bore, .272 No Turn Neck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. Who are you going to have build it? Lee </div></div>

I guess that is why I am here. Soliciting info - there seems to be many inidividuals here that know the nuts and bolts of building a great gun. I figured I'd go straight to the experts....

The Kaiser

Ol roscoe can build a pretty rifle,heres mine he built fer me
DSCF2163.jpg

Yes, we are fortunate to be in the company of many great smiths!! Good luck!! Lee