• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fellow astronomers

I took all my university credits in astronmy. He have a highly regarded astro dept. and interpret all the data that comes in from the huge Greenbank Radio Telescope in West Virginia. Got an A+ and would have loved to pursue it as a career but Im somwhat numerically dyslexic and thats not good considering the amount of math involved in astrophysics. Nice video. Thanks

I took all my university credits in astronmy. He have a highly regarded astro dept. and interpret all the data that comes in from the huge Greenbank Radio Telescope in West Virginia. Got an A+ and would have loved to pursue it as a career but Im somwhat numerically dyslexic and thats not good considering the amount of math involved in astrophysics. Nice video. Thanks

Did the astro department teach the proper use of astroglide?
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Did the astro department teach the proper use of astroglide?
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Nor should you;).

20W50StarLubeOk.PNG

Reactions: Barneybdb
It says "Fleet." And it's got anti-slip ridges. For his pleasure.

And another thread goes completely sideways.

I heard 1j has pictures of Uranus . He may have pitures of your's and your' and ......

Niles... if it makes you feel better... neat link.

Astronomy and cosmology are always interesting. So many un-answered questions in the vast universe...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Thank you Sir. Boy, those guys.....

Waste not, want not ...

RK7cwO9.png

From a guy who wears a rag on his head.
emo30.gif

Actually, they were quite interesting, especially the 3rd one, Night Lab. We got to take out quality 8-12 inch telescopes and view a lot of stuff you would likely not see other wise. And a trip to Fan Mt. Observatory. A little known fact is that The University of Virginia is home to Mc Cormick Observatory, the oldest operating one in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Niles Coyote
Niles... if it makes you feel better... neat link.

Astronomy and cosmology are always interesting. So many un-answered questions in the vast universe...

Cheers,

Sirhr

"To create an apple pie, we must first create the universe" (or something close to that). Carl Sagan

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Life almost dealt you a pair of deuces, didn't it?

Better luck next hand, you sad little man.

Seems you have a learning disability. Teases and insults others, gets his ass handed to him, and then gets pissed. I thought perhaps you might have learned after Frank called you on it. Better go back to picking on Mazerblades.

ILife actually handed me a Royal Straingt Flush in spades which tops anything your holding. (Will the little fellow make a pun on flush?)

Back to mommy's basement with ya, boy.

***Now, how about we drop all this penny ante bickering and fussing and for the sake of the Hide, and our own peace, try to get along and make it a better place? That is my preference, but if you choose to tease and insult expect to get it handed back.

Last edited:
This vid delivers an interesting perspective of our "home" in scale with the vastness of the known universe.
As I ponder these illustrations It seems clear the vanity of some "scientists" proclamations.

R

Last edited:
Seems you have a learning disability. Teases and insults others, gets his ass handed to him, and then gets pissed. I thought perhaps you might have learned after Frank called you on it. Better go back to picking on Mazerblades.

ILife actually handed me a Royal Straingt Flush in spades which tops anything your holding. (Will the little fellow make a pun on flush?)

Back to mommy's basement with ya, boy.

***Now, how about we drop all this penny ante bickering and fussing and for the sake of the Hide, and our own peace, try to get along and make it a better place? That is my preference, but if you choose to tease and insult expect to get it handed back.

Calling you a Space Cadet is kind of rough on NASA, but it isn't hate speech. I'd hate to play "Yo Momma" with you. You'd either cry, pull a gun, or both. But you don't understand right from wrong in this instance. I'm rough, yes, but I don't call another man's beliefs, aside fron the political, into question.

yep. sometimes its good to see how small we really are to the lager perspective.

The sun is one of the most amazing celestial bodies to gaze at. Being that it is close by, even a mediocre scope can give people a nice show

I have been viewing the surface for several years and it is truly a show not to be missed. Equipment to do it right rivals PRS but it never lets you down. It is also a hoot to get the youngsters into science. I run a few astronomy nights and days at our schools

Calling you a Space Cadet is kind of rough on NASA, but it isn't hate speech. I'd hate to play "Yo Momma" with you. You'd either cry, pull a gun, or both. But you don't understand right from wrong in this instance. I'm rough, yes, but I don't call another man's beliefs, aside fron the political, into question.

Frankly, I thought the Space Cadet thing was funny and thus responded with what I considerd easy humor. Yoou, so to speak, threw the first stone and then got it thrown back. Then youo bitch. WTF??? If my reference to your turban offended you, then please accept my apologies. Youre the one who repeatedly brings up your faith. I dont wear mine on my sleeve.

As to the balance of your post,

Hogwash.

Now lets let it go and try to keep the peace here.