• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fellow Officer Shot in the line of Duty

Kenco Arms

Lover of my job @ gunsmith
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2006
Willis, Tx.
A Buddy of mine was shot in the face with a shotgun. Sgt. Keleman has a long LE history in our area. He is with the PD and I with the SO but we are all brothers. CPOA is planing a Benefit for him on May 14. He will no longer be able to work Patrol. We are looking for Auction Items. Below is the link to the story. He caught a lot of birdshot from a .410 in the face at 25 yrds. several of the pellets took out his right eye which he lost. Any help would be great. The bad guy was taken out by other officers with their ARs befor he could shoot again.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/27425463/detail.html

Re: Fellow Officer Shot in the line of Duty

Such a tragic event Kenco. I've lost two brothers in our dept in the line of duty over the years. As tragic as it is at least you are not attending his funeral, which to say the very least is a blessing.

Doesn't change the hard hit loss of his career, but his life was spared.

Prayers for his recovery bro!!

Sorry to hear about this, been a banner year so far.

A friend of mine was shot point blank in the face with a pistol several years ago and lost his domant eye. The city wanted to retire him (just had a few years on at the time) and he fought them and won. Not only did he return to work, he competed for and earned a position on the SWAT team. He worked his ass off and has learned to shoot left handed. The guy has the heart of a lion. Here's to hoping Sgt Keleman can adapt and enjoy a nice, long retirement.

thanks Guys He went through Surgeries good. pulled out most of the shot and his damaged eye. should be getting out this week. The Chief fought for him and city council is giving him an office job at his cuurent pay rate. The 100 club is covering his losses for a while at his extra jobs.

I will be praying for a fast recovery Sgt. Good ending for the bad guy. crow hop

Sgt. Keleman Has said he does not want a benefit. We are now throwing him a big BBQ and we are doing an auction for him. He said he will donate all the funds to a good cause.

With All respect and wishing the best to officer Keleman, fellow officers and families the outcome as tragic it was has me as a cilivilian wondering why did the officers not engage immediately when having a SG pointed directly at them? No flames please it is certainly not my intent to stir only understand. I will delete immediately if not deemed appropriate.

I was sent the link this morning. After watching teh video, I had to wonder why he didn't just shoot the guy when he took aim the first time. The guy set up twice then shot him on the second set up.
Is it me, or do all PD's now train LEO's to NOT shoot a man with a gun aiming at you? If someone aims a gun at a person, I fully believe they intend on pulling the trigger and will act accordingly. The real tragedy here is that that POS didn't get shot and killed the first time he took aim on that LEO.
I feel for the gy and his family, but why didn't he shoot that dirtbag the first time he took aim at him? What was stopping him from putting an entrire magazine into that POS?