• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Felons with guns- Los Angeles edition

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
And he made bail.......... the Vegas odds of him showing are 25,000:1

http://nixle.us/A7NFY
Felon caught with 553 firearms

http://s3.amazonaws.com/nixle/uploads/pub_media/user53794-1529369389-media1
user53794-1529369389-media1

1529373268383.jpeg

Law enforcement officials seized more than 550 guns that belonged to an Agua Dulce man Thursday and Friday after determining the man was a convicted felon.

The joint operation, conducted by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the California Department of Justice, took 432 guns from the home of 60-year-old Manuel Fernandez on June 14.

A second warrant, served to a location connected to Fernandez, found 30 more guns in an associate’s home. The female suspect was not home at the time of the warrant service and has not returned to the location. Detectives are preparing charges for the District Attorney for filing consideration.

And when investigators returned to Fernandez’s home Friday, they discovered another 91 firearms hidden in the home.

In total, investigators recovered 553 guns as part of the operation.

Fernandez was arrested on charges relating to the weapons and ammo found in his home. Convicted felons are prohibited from owning either guns or ammunition under federal law.

Detectives also seized computers, cell phones, and hard drives, believed to be involved in the illicit purchase of firearms by the suspect, from the residence

Well you know Jerry, that's a really good question.

There are so many laws out there passed by asshats at every level, who knows what he did to obtain felon status. I can't really make a judgement call here, however what I notice is they are not all 'scary' guns, but they all look very well cared for. Possibly, just possibly, he's 'technically' a felon who is a lot like a lot of us here. With that said, he still is a felon in possession. So the only way to change that is change the law if we want to be a nation of laws.

Reactions: jLorenzo
Thats a fine collection of mil-surp there. Some fairly rare bangsticks mixed in too.

I love to think how hard their little dicks were when the stazi confiscated all those “evil” guns.... I bet they were pattin’ some ass during the layout to show what good stooges of the Cali government can do when a large number of dumbasses voted them into power......

I don’t know that he was a felon at all, rather I postulate that someone knew he had a lot of scary guns and wanted an example made of him. Here is the thing, all of these people worried about registration and all this nonsense. They already know you have guns and most likely know most of the ones you own. Think about it, got to have a pistol license to own and carry a handgun in most places, no? You have one then you likely have more, either way they already know you got something. Some states require a license to buy ammo, there again you don’t need Ammo unless you got a gun. Then there is everytime you buy a long gun or whatever, they call for the NICS Check? Don’t keep records they say, doubtful and even if they don’t there is a transaction recorded even if it’s only on the books for 10 years, it’s there. And if you really want to go down this hole we can get real deep. Here is another example, you get firearm related magazines? Likely to have guns. Get stuff from the nra, don’t think the post office or UPS couldn’t track your mail and ammo purchases. How about range memberships? Most require a NRA membership three days as an additional requirement to a range. Boom, what if the NRA turns on us and gives up their member list? Bam, we know you got guns cause you are an nra or some other 2A supporter. Don’t stop there either. Google tracking and most tracking can keep up with every place you visit unless you are using some ghosting software. Trust me, they don’t need a registration. They know what you have. Perhaps this poor chap is an early example of what all gun owners may wind up being? Still think your going to fight this without a hell of a concerted effort? The odds are certainly against us.

Oh I am not saying that you should live in fear, I’m just pointing out as a warning what might be coming. Strategize however you see fit but unless you got a guard outside your house all day long, it’s certainly possible that you may come home one day and already have your items in police custody without you ever even knowing it. Again, strategize accordingly.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Without knowing his backstory and why he is a convicted felon... I am okay with them seizing his collection. I support the law that states that a convicted felon cannot purchase or own firearms/ammunition. Now maybe some of the fine-print the defines what a felon is might be questionable, but that is another discussion. Maybe this man had no intention of ever using these firearms to cause harm, but I do not know all the facts here. The fact that I do know is that if you are a convicted felon you cannot own these firearms and he was in violation of this law.

I would rather them seize 550 guns from a convicted felon, than seize 550 guns from 550 law-abiding citizens in good standing. Hopefully they can use the seized computers and storage devices to determine where he was able to illegally purchase these and also take action against the seller(s).

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
I know,, I am just saying a guy that might be classified as a felon by an unconstitutional law is not a a felon at all, if he aint in jail he should have all his rights, if he cant be trusted to be free or among the free he should still be in jail.

There are enough youtubes out there that make me doubt any claim by the so called justice system.

I see what you are saying AJ.

In this case, the person who may deserve punishment the most is whomever sold all those guns to a man who is prohibited to buy them. Maybe the buyer should have been able to purchase firearms legally and should have never been labeled a felon, but it is not up to the seller(s) of firearms to determine that. Like I said, hopefully the LE involved can do some real good from this, by identifying, locating and putting away whomever was responsible for illegally selling these firearms.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
The seller(s) may have followed the law.

For all I know this guy killed people robbing a store to earn his felony. But maybe he gave an out of State friend a shotgun for Christmas. There's a lot of stupid laws out there.

The guy was off to a good start.

I do not support the law that saws a convicted felon cannot owns guns. Convicted of what? Bank fraud? Tax evasion? Or any number of other non-violent crimes? There needs to be a distinction made imho.

This is Commifornia after all. He was probably convicted for excessive use of water. Or insulting some cross-dressing, transexual, fruitcake.

The guy was off to a good start.

I do not support the law that saws a convicted felon cannot owns guns. Convicted of what? Bank fraud? Tax evasion? Or any number of other non-violent crimes? There needs to be a distinction made imho.

This is Commifornia after all. He was probably convicted for excessive use of water. Or insulting some cross-dressing, transexual, fruitcake.
^^^ Or a bit of cannabis. YOu should only lose your rights if youre involved in a violent act.

I see a nice PCP air rifle they need to put back. I am not sure I think someone who would steal, should be able to roam free in society. I think it shows you are fucked at your core.

Well you know Jerry, that's a really good question.

There are so many laws out there passed by asshats at every level, who knows what he did to obtain felon status. I can't really make a judgement call here, however what I notice is they are not all 'scary' guns, but they all look very well cared for. Possibly, just possibly, he's 'technically' a felon who is a lot like a lot of us here. With that said, he still is a felon in possession. So the only way to change that is change the law if we want to be a nation of laws.

Uhm, how bout he just goes and does his homework to get his fucking rights restored? Ya, that's the ticket. Doesn't matter one fucking iota why he's a felon. He's a felon. End of story.

What's sad, is that every one of those guns will probably be destroyed. :mad:

You're 100% right. They will in fact be destroyed and it's senseless. I remember being damn near sick to my stomach when I was stationed at Homestead AFB and seen a barge full, and I mean FULL of bent weapons that were being taken out to be dumped as a reef project. Five Hundred and Fitty Sumth'n guns would sell at an auction in hrs and raise some serious coin. But nooooooooooo. Let's get rid of them, like they're not gonna make any more. Pretty stupid.

I seem to recall that his felonh conviction occured in 2017. That being the case, is it possible that he legally acquired the guns and then failed to turn them in?

Personally I feel all convicted felons should be allowed to own gun. Everyone has the right to defend themselves, their families, and property. I feel if you commit a crime that's a felony and you do your prison time, your punishment should be over. When we were kids and we did something wrong we either got spanked, time-out, toys taken away, etc. That was our punishment and when it was over it didn't continue through our teen years and adulthood.

I would think he got those before he was convicted. however, a criminal is a criminal and a felon is a felon. not saying I'm a saint, I am definitely a sinner but at some point people have to pay for what they do. we all know the price if we are popped with a felony so it is on us if we commit one and get caught.

I see a lot of people getting into this BS mindset of bending rules to make it ok for whatever bad they do or want to do. If you are a gun owner, don't commit felonies, be like little Johnny and commit misdemeanors.

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
he is not in prison, he should have all his rights. If he cant be trusted with his freedom he should be in jail, not a halfway solution dictated by a judge on a whim.

Uhm, how bout he just goes and does his homework to get his fucking rights restored? Ya, that's the ticket. Doesn't matter one fucking iota why he's a felon. He's a felon. End of story.

If this is indeed the guy, that sucks

He was 1 week late making payment.

If he paid on time, it would have been dropped to a misdemeanor and something that would not impact his gun rights.

https://www.leagle.com/decision/incaco20101214009

California has a group called apps that search for Prohibited persons who had previously ovened guns

If this is indeed the guy, that sucks

He was 1 week late making payment.

If he paid on time, it would have been dropped to a misdemeanor and something that would not impact his gun rights.

https://www.leagle.com/decision/incaco20101214009

California has a group called apps that search for Prohibited persons who had previously ovened guns

Looks like he was a thief. Duped people out of money, got caught, got a sweet deal then didn't live up to his end. Fuck him. No sympathy from me.

First rifle an HK91 ,second rifle a real Dragunov, several AR, FAL, M1A AR, FAL, AK...
cropped.jpg
looks like a real SVD , several FAL , AK