• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fenix paddle switch adhesive question

GSPKurt

III
Minuteman
May 19, 2009
Trenton, FL.
I am putting a Fenix light on my AR. I bought the Fenix remote switch but velcro won't adhere to the switch, because it it silicone. Fenix says "find better velcro" :confused:. I don't want to try a bunch of different adhesives, and booger up the switch.

Ideas, please?

Ditch the remote switch and run a click tail-cap. Those types of switches are always the weak link in a white light. And make it impossible to keep the light on when you need it on. And you will find that you need it on without having to continually press on the remote switch.
But if you just have to have it, then try bicycle inner tubes. They work great and you can slip the remote switch under the rubber band anywhere on the rail, depending on where you want to place the switch.

Where exactly do you want to locate the switch??

I want to attach it to my Magpul VFG. I was considering ditching the switch, and you just confirmed that. Thank you.