• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Feral cats and head shots

crumpmd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
Huntsville, Alabama. USA
Last year I started a shit storm by posting a picture of a dead cat. I killed that cat with an iron sight .22 Kimber CMP rifle offhand from 86 yards. I posted the hunting picture because I felt like it was a remarkable shot and a good clean kill on a predatory species.

What happened was memorable. Unfortunately LL pruned that bit of SH and that thread is no longer. I especially loved the twisted panties of the ones who thought that displaying a dead cat would ruin hunting for the rest of the country. I guess none of you really wants to see another headshot cat, do you?

This cat was shot from about 25 yards with a really old Mossberg .22 shooting CB rounds. I have stalked this cat for a month now. He was a wily and worthy adversary. This time he chose a bad spot to nap. He died peacefully in his sleep. Pictures?

Re: Feral cats

Aw heck, and here I am looking for a couple of replacement kitties. I'll never get enywhere if you keep wasting the prospects...

LOL!

I live in farm country now, and when I go asking for permission to enter land and whack the 'Chuckies, the farmers keep asking me to keep an eye out for the feral cats and whack them too. Actually, the cats serve a useful pupose, cutting back on the rodents a bit and helping somewhat with the rabies problems. But if they want 'em whacked, I'll comply. Doesn't stop me from taking care of a cat or two at home. Mine are 'fixed' and never go outdoors.

There are cats, and there are cats....

Greg

I would not shoot anyone’s house cat or pet. Might belong to some little kid. But I kill every wild cat that I see on the ranch; they kill a lot of baby game animals such as quail and pheasants. If they are wild they are fair game in my books.

hell yeah, they are one of the predators we are alowed to take here in WY. Barn cats serve a purpose greg...feral cats breed like mice and carry disease.

Re: Feral cats and head shots

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last year I started a shit storm by posting a picture of a dead cat. I killed that cat with an iron sight .22 Kimber CMP rifle offhand from 86 yards. I posted the hunting picture because I felt like it was a remarkable shot and a good clean kill on a predatory species.

What happened was memorable. Unfortunately LL pruned that bit of SH and that thread is no longer. I especially loved the twisted panties of the ones who thought that displaying a dead cat would ruin hunting for the rest of the country. I guess none of you really wants to see another headshot cat, do you?

This cat was shot from about 25 yards with a really old Mossberg .22 shooting CB rounds. I have stalked this cat for a month now. He was a wily and worthy adversary. This time he chose a bad spot to nap. He died peacefully in his sleep. Pictures? </div></div>

Fuck a cat.

I really like cats. So much so that I give away free cats to everyone.
laugh.gif

FreeCat.jpg

I use a save a heart trap and made sure I let them go with nice brand new collar with bells on it so they would not harm any of the local bird population. I did not know that the coyotes would think the bell sound would be dinner.
smile.gif

I use the 22 because it is quiet and does not mutilate the critter and puts them down decisively. I go for the head shot for a couple of reasons. First it is a challenge. A smaller target for marksmanship. Second either its lights out or a clean miss. I try to get as many as I can, but some get a fair chance at escape.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck a cat. </div></div>

This sums it up better than anything else ever posted.

Yep, I understand the differences between feral cats, barn cats, and pet kitties. Ferals are the main reason I keep my kitties indoors without exception; they get territorial, will scrap with a pet, and yes, they will make a pet sick in the process.

And then there's hawks. Farmers also ask me to shoot the hawks, but I don't like that idea, mainly because a miss (or a hit) is at a high angle and who knows where it's gonna come back to earth?

And then there's fleas. My Daughter's cats get out (in the village) and bring back fleas. Every Spring it's the War of The Fleas around the corner at her place. We're actually in mid-campaign as I type.

Greg

crumpmd,

That cat is almost a copy of my cat, but I've been a cat ki**er since I was a young'in. Couldn't count the number of cats I've took down.

Wow as I reread what I just typed it could very well work on a total different two legged species.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Fuck a cat. </div></div>

290yf5j.jpg

I've never really been a fan of cats. My wife has a couple around the house that drive me batshit. I,m always trying to sic my Dachshund mix on him but she always gets beat up. But I have 2 or 3 feral cats out at my desert property and they are a Godsend. When we have a wet winter the rats multiply like crazy. Ever since the cats showed up, the rats have pretty well disappeared. After having the rats make nests in my military vehicles and tear up the wiring, I take the cats any day. I may not like them but these can stay.

The only good cats in town

You have to kill them before they kill you. Self defense!
laugh.gif

2d1pziw.jpg

2iiegsy.jpg

smplw3.jpg

axfxhe.jpg

ok7tck.jpg

sguatf.jpg

sdmvtc.jpg

Re: The only good cats in town

You have to keep your reflexes finely honed and your aim sharp. Here is something to help between engagements:

2qu2cya.jpg

Train as your fight!

HAHAHA. This will get good again.

In Iraq the contractors that would trap the feral cats and dogs on the FOB ran out of go to sleep juice, so the BDOC was trying to figure out what to do with these captured animals.

Well, I happened to be in the BDOC talking to our intel guys when this was going on. I piped up with the idea that I would shoot them, and was basically ignored by two LTC's and told I was a dumbass.

So an hour goes by with all of these officers trying to figure out what to do. It is getting desperate with these guys. I chime in again about shooting them and am ignored a second time. So I go on my merry way and am sitting in my platoons AO when I hear a knock on the door. I open and see one of the LTC's, and he wants me to go shoot these feral cats.

So I don my gear, grab a truck, and meet the contractors out at the burn pits and cap 3 of the meanest cats I have ever seen. This goes on for about 3 weeks. When they caught something, I would be summoned and go cap it with my m9. It was starting to become a pretty regular gig, until one day that I went out to the pit, I realized I didn't want the job anymore.

In the live trap were two kittens that looked just like my mothers cat back home. I drew my 9 and put a round between each of their big cute eyes; then retired from the cat killing job. My 1sg took over for me. He apparently didn't mind waxing kittens.

All in all I think I destroyed about 15 cats and 4 dogs. All of them were mean little bastards, except those kittens.

This thread reminded me of those canned hunts.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And then there's hawks. Farmers also ask me to shoot the hawks, but I don't like that idea, mainly because a miss (or a hit) is at a high angle and who knows where it's gonna come back to earth?
Greg </div></div>

Good reason to not do it but just in case anyone is "thinking" about doing it, it is illegal. Just to let you know.

I've was a several commands that had large feral cat/dog populations. People forget that feral dog and cat populations can devastate indigenous wildlife. I was always the first to volunteer for the eradication effort. We'd go out with NODs/M4s, bait em and then wax em'. I figured it was like getting paid to hunt, and it was one hell of a morale builder among the enlisted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to kill them before they kill you. Self defense!
laugh.gif

2d1pziw.jpg

2iiegsy.jpg

smplw3.jpg

axfxhe.jpg

ok7tck.jpg

sguatf.jpg

sdmvtc.jpg
</div></div>

hahaha nice lol

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I go for the head shot for a couple of reasons. First it is a challenge. A smaller target for marksmanship.</div></div>

How bout a nut shot?
"No greater victory"... or something like that.
Plus Bob Barker would be proud of you keeping your pets spayed or neutered.
CW

Laughing....chokeing....going to get fired...You guys are sooooo wrong!

War is hell, when your AO is overrun there is nothing left to do but fix bayonets, look them in the eye, and charge!

55mjgh.jpg

Who's it gonna be, men, them or you?

grin.gif

this is the kinda crap that gives rifle shooter's a bad name....yeah i've bagged my share of pussy also but displying this out here on this site and puttin pictures like this out here is pretty shamefull as it gives the anti hunters / shooters, and PETA more ammo to use. i'm actually embarrassed by this........

The problem isn't the pictures or cat killing its the dumbasses who don't understand why it needs to be done, its our job to educate them. However I must add that from my experience a dead cat in a box with the bluebird it just killed doesn't work very well.

I wonder why there is such an elitist attitude within the gun community? Well, I love to hunt and take pictures of my elk or bear, and really coyote hunting is ok, but taking pictures of cats that I have killed, that is bullshit and gives guns a bad name. Or I only use my double bore to hunt pheasants with my Griffon, you bow hunters are inflicting pain and suffering on animal... Come on. There's no need to own an evil assault rifle, it has not sporting purpose... What's the difference from Armadillos, parie dogs, gophers, coyotes, monkeys, feral cats... draw your line and alienate all the others who believe in individual freedoms and the right to keep and bear arms...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is the kinda crap that gives rifle shooter's a bad name....yeah i've bagged my share of pussy also but displying this out here on this site and puttin pictures like this out here is pretty shamefull as it gives the anti hunters / shooters, and PETA more ammo to use. i'm actually embarrassed by this........ </div></div>

You're entitled to your opinion but don't call me when your position is overrun by the feline hoards.

24chzdh.jpg

sc3nnn.jpg

wow, this thread RoCkS!

Some of those cats look as if they have been drinking and at least 2 of pics tell me they could have been self inflicted. Goes to show even felines with firearms and beer dont mix.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris112</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And then there's hawks. Farmers also ask me to shoot the hawks, but I don't like that idea, mainly because a miss (or a hit) is at a high angle and who knows where it's gonna come back to earth?
Greg </div></div>

Good reason to not do it but just in case anyone is "thinking" about doing it, it is illegal. Just to let you know. </div></div>

Not just illegal, but a federal offense with extremely steep mandatory penalties. Just to pick up a feather from a hawk, eagle, or heron that you find laying on the ground naturally dropped is a very stiff fine. To be caught actually having shot one would find you penniless and in federal prison. They are not messing around with this one.

I guess some people just enjoy killing for the sake of killing...
If it were a racoon with rabies I guess I could understand - may have to take one of those out soon myself.

Just killing for the fun of killing....no honor in that.

Ironically cats will kill anything smaller than them just for the sake of killing.

Feral cats are a nuisance comparable to coyotes and feral hogs, but some people get butthurt just because they are common pets and some find them to be desirable.

The black cat has a shot through the paw. Looks like he put his paw up to protect his eyes from the light before the bullet came.

One small detail thet yall forgot is the fact that cats love pissing on/in your truck. No sweeter redemption than puttin a pissing kitty down for a dirtnap.

In the end all animals must be wisely managed, marinated and grilled. Anyone ever eaten a cat? Looks like they would skin out easy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anyone ever eaten a cat?</div></div>
Pussy...but no cat yet
grin.gif

I wouldnt eat one...I had an old vet I used to work with tell me a story once of why he didnt like cats.. One day he was telling me about a mice problem he had. I suggested a cat and he quickly vetoed the idea.
I guess back in the Nam he saw, a pile of enemy bodies stacked up like cordwood. Well of course there were starving, feral cats and dogs around. The dogs, he said, would sniff around the bodies, but never grazed on the dead humans. The starving cats, on the other hand, he would see eating off of the bodies. His logic, being an older fella, was that if he were to ever pass away, he didnt want to be found half eaten away by a pet cat(s).

I wasn't there of course, nor did I see what he saw, but just the story he told pretty much left me with a bad taste in my mouth for cats. Besides, they share a lot of diseases with humans. They also can carry rabies.

i have bagged my share of pussy. and i have taken tasteful pictures of the dozens of turkeys, deer, woodchucks, bear, etc. and i do admit that feral cats cause more harm to wildlife than any other creature other than man. i believe they SHOULD be erradicated.

however, in this day and age, picture hilliary or whomever wielding a picture of "fluffy" with a bayonet and an ak47 stuck it. not a good image in the publics eye. and especially on a forum that shooting is king, and on a section that deals with hunting. gives more fuel to the anti-gun / anti-hunter crowd and the idea that people that hunt and have assualt weapons or guns are going to come to your house and kill your pets. this is how they think, and how we make ourselves our own worst enemy. what's next week, beheaded poodles and electricuted parrots?

just my 2 cents, but think about it.

Thats it...I was contemplating but I am for sure gonna dress my mini dacshund in a black poncho w/ a feed sack on the head and take a picture of him standing on a soap box w/a wire coming from each paw.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ironically cats will kill anything smaller than them just for the sake of killing.
</div></div>

Touche!!!