• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Few interesting videos from Finland

LimaKilo

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2020
Coldest place on earth
Here are a couple of videos I thought might be of interest to SH members - for your viewing pleasure:

Battlefield 2020
Context: Finland is on the receiving end of a similar hybrid attack that was seen in Ukraine 2014.

Army Doctrine 2015
Context: The Finnish Army has renewed it's doctrine and this video shows what this means in practice.

Conscript
Context: Conscript is an educational film for Finnish nationals, who are about to carry out their military service.

Winter warfare training in Jaeger Brigade
Context: Basic winter warfare course teaches how to operate in arctic conditions.

I want to move to Finland!!! Has nothing to do with said videos tho. Thanks for sharing. I’ll check them out!

Last edited:
Dont fuck with 'The White Death'.

Simo Häyhä - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Simo_Häyhä

Jump to Achievements as a sniperSimo "Simuna" Häyhä pronunciation (help. · info)(Finnish pronunciation: [ˈsimo ˈhæy̯hæ]; 17 December 1905 – 1 April 2002) was a Finnish military sniper. He used a Finnish-produced M/28-30, a variant of the Mosin–Nagant rifle, and a Suomi KP/-31 submachine gun.
Nickname(s): "Simuna" (personal); "The White ...
Service years: 1925–1926, 1939–1940
Unit: 6th Company of Infantry Regiment 34
Born: 17 December 1905; Rautjärvi‎, ‎Viipuri Pr...

Reactions: LimaKilo
I want to move to Finland!!! Has nothing to do with said videos tho. Thanks for sharing. I’ll check them out!
You're most welcome! If you don't mind cold weather and Hodgdon H4350 selling for $137 per pound, I think you would like it :)

Dont fuck with 'The White Death'.
Tapio Saarelainen has written an excellent book called "The White Sniper: Simo Häyhä", which I can highly recommend to anybody who is interested in learning more about Mr. Häyhä and his accomplishments.

Reactions: Maggot
$137/lb WOW!!!! I suppose you did the conversion to US Dollars for us dummies.
Is it that spendy all the time? Our prices for EVERY component have skyrocketed this year due to it being an election year plus the bullshit with the virus.

Finland is one of the few places I would immigrate to if I decided to leave the USA. I doubt I will ever do that, but...

Last edited:
Reactions: SilentStalkr
Is it that spendy all the time? Our prices for EVERY component have skyrocketed this year due to it being an election year plus the bullshit with the virus.

Finland is one of the few places I would immigrate to if I decided to leave the USA. I doubt I will ever do that, but...

Finland, Poland or Slovenia!

Is it that spendy all the time?
That is regular pricing for Hodgdon products in Finland (I did the conversion from euros to US dollars). Vihtavuori powders cost about half of that, so they are the affordable alternative. It seems that the US primer & ammunition drought has not affected the availability or pricing of US made components in Finland yet...