• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Few questions for anyone with a Lawman Folding Adapter

Jaytrigger

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2011
Fort Gordon GA
My questions are:

Can you still use a JP Silent Capture Recoil spring?

If not do you think there is a simple modification so it can work?

Just wondering as all i have for my builds are these Recoil springs but Can switch them out with the buffers i have laying around.

I assume you are referring to the Law Tactical folding adapter, correct? If so, I would think you would not be able to still use the JPSCS assembly since it looks like the center rod of the JPSCS would need to extend into the center of the bolt carrier. When the bolt carrier cycles back into the receiver extension tube a normal buffer and spring would be needed to operate properly. The carrier extension piece does not have a through hole in it to accept the center rod of the JPSCS assembly.

I would watch the installation video at about 10:23 shows the installation of this extension onto the carrier. Essentially, IMHO, I do not believe it will work and you would need to use a standard buffer and spring.

Last edited: