• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ffp optics at most 14 inches long

Absolution

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2012
www.instagram.com
I'm looking for a new optic but for this application I need it at most 14 inches long. So instead of searching and searching multiple optics then research more on them. Ask the hide members who own a scope under 14" and what they think of it. I would really wanting one with a zero stop.

Can't beat the March F 3-24X 42mm FFP in mil/mil or MOA/MOA. Only 12.5 inches and also 2/3 rds the weight of competitors with great internal travel in a 30mm solid tube with simplest zero stop available. Can't go wrong with this! Non illuminated $2260 through Kelbly rifles.

Leopold make the Mark 6 which is very compact. I believe it is a 3-18. Also quite a bit less money than the March.

Leopold make the Mark 6 which is very compact. I believe it is a 3-18. Also quite a bit less money than the March.

Prices I saw for that Leupold scope ranged from ~$2100 to ~$4600, depending upon reticle and illumination. Last time I checked March prices, they ranged from ~$2250 to ~$2850. Maybe I'm checking the wrong places...

Hey Drifter, I just pulled up Optics Planet to see what the street price was. I am sure you could find a better deal if you looked.

cv0lv0g0, you should take into consideration other factors than just length, weight, reticle, etc. I have a MK6 3-18x44 FFP, TMR reticle, a great little package with good glass, good useable reticle and a lightweight. I also have a Hensoldt 4-16x56, length 13.15 inches, FFP, nh1 reticle, superb reticle and glass, illuminated, but no zero stop, weighs 31oz. These scopes are as different as apples and oranges but get the job done. Its nice to have a compact lightweight scope, but its very important to consider other scope options such as a reticle that works for you, quality turrets, zero stop is nice, but shouldn't be an over riding factor. The March scopes are superb but pricey, looked through them numerous times, they bring a lot to the table.

I'm really interested in that march optic.

i have 2 March scopes and they're durable and match up with anyone for their glass and top everyone with their ease of use. Just research them here on the Hide, like I did before I purchased them-F 3-24 and FX 5-40, both mil/mil, but also have MOA/MOA option now. Had mine a year without any issues.