• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FGMM 308 175grn Center Strike?

Grantw1221

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2019
Anyone played with this bullet yet or have any data on it? Used to seeing SMK, so this is new.

I have not seen that before (yet?), but I have seen the one they call their Terminal Ascent 175 gr, (but that is not called GMM).

What is the part number of this new stuff? Is it shown in their line-up?

1683175344919.png

Part number is GM308OTM2

Attachments

• 7836E862-D5F2-41DE-9336-8466EFCCC8A0.jpeg
    7836E862-D5F2-41DE-9336-8466EFCCC8A0.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: RegionRat
New product with higher BC Federal (I believe) bullet. Supposedly supply issues with SMK's lead to this new product. Some info in the News section on their website. Also here:

Reactions: RegionRat
With the part number, I found this stuff listed on several "virtual" sites, which are folks with a license but often no actual storefront. They list stuff that ships from God knows where when they get an online order... in so many words they don't have the stuff so they don't have a photo. SGAmmo has been around a while and they actually have the stuff at their location, so they have this photo on their website.

If you look on the back of the box, the G1 BC is shown as 0.505 and the G7 is 0.257
That more or less matches up with the DOPE they are showing but if I were you I would grab some chrono and drop data to see what happens when you shoot it.
If you have this stuff in your hands, is the photo below on your box?

1683219876591.png

https://www.sgammo.com/product/fede...n-open-tip-match-federal-premium-gold-medal-a

Yup, there is only a tiny difference between the two offerings.
I see on the 175 SMK box, they also show 2600 fps, but they show a G7 of 0.250 instead of the G7 shown (0.257) for their new version.

I don't get wound up about published values, being happy if they are close enough to get started. If I were the OP and had DOPE for the SMK version, I would just go shoot this new stuff and adjust the DOPE till things are happy.

Reactions: Doom
Well ?? Nosler lists their their 175 with a G-1 at .505, maybe in their testing { does Fed. have a 200 or 300 Yd test tunnel?]
and if it's a Nosler , they found better results with the N-CC over the N-RDF which list a G-1 at .536 ??