• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fiancèe let me order a ARC Mausingfield

Nightlybane

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
Illinois
Finally! My fiancèe let me order my dream action and a start to my dream rifle! The ARC Mausingfield action and it's going to be in 300 win mag, as availability is more than prc. This rifle will be my first custom build and I'll never get rid of it. The build itself consists of this plan:

•McMillan A3-A5 bedded and everything I need
•Proof CF barrel
•Jewell Trigger or CG extreme
•Era Tac rings
•ZRODELTA muzzlebreak
•probably a Razor Gen 2 scope for now then upgrade to my dream scope later which is a hensoldt zf 3.5-26
•Elite Iron Revolution Bipod or the Atlas Bipod that I want
All in all around 5-6k for a rifle that I'll enjoy. (Maybe more)

Last edited:
If you reload, go with the PRC.
If you don’t reload, you may want to start.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm not set on it yet. Still tossed between prc and win mag. I'll need the reloading tools and everything. I've just been told to go with the win mag because of availability, etc. I've never reloaded before. So it'll be a new world to me.

Hahah, its next year so I'm not worried about it, she agreed to it and I'm happy. She gave me the green light to build it a while back but just now said I can order it, so I did!

I don't think you understood what I said, which is mostly my fault. I added some additional context. For your own sake, go back and read it.

That is, unless you're content to be subservient.

I don't think you understood what I said, which is mostly my fault. I added some additional context. For your own sake, go back and read it.

That is, unless you're content to be subservient.
I did, and she and I are equal, we just like to agree on what we buy. Sometimes we come to agreements on things.

Go PRC. Availability is fine for components.
[/QUOTE

What powder are you using, because I am having a difficult time getting H1000 or Reloder 26?

Found some Reloder 25 and Ramshot Magnum, but others seem to be non-existent.

What you really mean is she makes the rules and you follow with your balls in her purse.
Hahaha, yeah. But I don't let her control what I want though. I'll just do something for her and she does this sort of stuff for me. Allows me to buy gun stuff

Real question is will she let you buy everything else you need to build it and then will she let you go shoot it.

Good luck
Yes she will lol, we already talked about it, each tax season or whenever we get the money for more parts I get more.

Go PRC. Availability is fine for components.

What powder are you using, because I am having a difficult time getting H1000 or Reloder 26?

Found some Reloder 25 and Ramshot Magnum, but others seem to be non-existent.

I did, and she and I are equal, we just like to agree on what we buy. Sometimes we come to agreements on things.

What caliber does she want you to get Win Mag or PRC?

How you run your finances is none of our business.

Just for clarification: No one lets you do anything. No one makes you do any thing. No one controls you but you...own it. All we can do is listen to others input and their 'feelings' and then make a decision, either we take it into consideration or we do what we want. It's that simple...if you choose to take your fiancèe's input you choose her, and that is a good thing.

What caliber does she want you to get Win Mag or PRC?

How you run your finances is none of our business.

Just for clarification: No one lets you do anything. No one makes you do any thing. No one controls you but you...own it. All we can do is listen to others input and their 'feelings' and then make a decision, either we take it into consideration or we do what we want. It's that simple...if you choose to take your fiancèe's input you choose her, and that is a good thing.
She doesn't care what caliber I get, she doesn't particularly shoot guns but she doesn't mind them. She'll shoot. What do you think I should go with? PRC or 300wm? Most people say win mag because of availability and any store really has it. I mean the recoil wont really bother me as I'll have it braked. Even with it not braked I could handle it.

Are you going to put Walmart garbage through your custom rifle?
If yes buy a win mag, if no buy whatever you want

I’m revising this. Just buy a win mag and shoot Berger factory ammo.

Last edited:
Are you going to put Walmart garbage through your custom rifle?
If yes buy a win mag, if no buy whatever you want
No not walmart garbage, more like federal gold medal match, also quality hunting rounds for when I use it hunting

So each tax you'll buy some parts. Can't wait to see the final product in 2024. My first custom is almost ready to be shipped off to be assembled. Stock should be here next week. Then it's off to GAP for the Templar v2 and assembly :D

So each tax you'll buy some parts. Can't wait to see the final product in 2024. My first custom is almost ready to be shipped off to be assembled. Stock should be here next week. Then it's off to GAP for the Templar v2 and assembly :D
Actually got 4k back on my taxes this year. Not much but it works. I'm letting her do pure romance and I let her buy the biggest package lol. I will be buying the stock and barrel next year if not something this year.

Sounds like an awesome build. Very exciting going through your first build. That’s a lie, very exciting going through every build lol!!

just a recommendation, consider the tt diamond over the jewel. Have 2 of each and while the jewel is good, the tt diamonds feel amazing

Reactions: Nightlybane
I'll consider the TT, but I was considering a CG extreme, jewel and a bix n andy. Other than that, I'll consider it.

They're pretty expensive. I'm only going with jewel really because it's also serving as a hunting rifle.

They're pretty expensive. I'm only going with jewel really because it's also serving as a hunting rifle.

no doubt, up in Canada they go for 600+, but hear there worth it! Well that’s why I’m recommending the tt diamond. The jewel has a reputation to fail in extreme conditions (cold, wet, dirty, dusty), which can be experienced while hunting. The diamond has less creep, easier adjustment/more user friendly and less prone/rep for failure in those conditions. Like I mentioned, I have 2 of each and love both. But once I got my first diamond, I won’t be purchasing any more jewels. If I can sell my jewels I’ll replace with diamonds

Congrats man. Pretty neat action and as a Model 70 guy who loves non rotating claw extractors and mechanical ejection I love the available parts for the Mausingfield.

Still assembling mine slowly. Short Action 6.5 Creed.

7-35 ATACR Mil-xt in the safe for it.

Jumped on the Manners group buy and ordered a PRSTCS for it.

Attachments

• FC4AD2CB-EE8B-495C-8112-6172E1447D2A.jpeg
    FC4AD2CB-EE8B-495C-8112-6172E1447D2A.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 47
  • FD082B72-D430-49C5-A267-C095D21C60AD.jpeg
    FD082B72-D430-49C5-A267-C095D21C60AD.jpeg
    939.1 KB · Views: 46
dude - whats this "Let" BS? I dumped many a GF who thought she could validate she was more important than my shooting ... Dont be a Sean Penn ok.

dude - whats this "Let" BS? I dumped many a GF who thought she could validate she was more important than my shooting ... Dont be a Sean Penn ok.

this

“Let” is the start of fights, unhappiness, demasculinate you, and having to ask permission to get to wear your balls that day.

I will say this though, if you prioritize your wants over the needs of your family you are a shit person. Don’t buy shit if you can’t afford it, don’t buy things for yourself when the money would be better spent or needed for family things.

if you have disposable income/ or money set aside for your own wants/needs there is no “Let”.

so i am to assume you get to approve or deny her purchases? yyyyyeah.

most women think what’s theirs is theirs, and what’s your’s is theirs. Just the title of your thread speaks volumes and the second i saw it, i was concerned for you. That you are willing to make a post proudly proclaiming someone gave you permission, as a grown man, to do what you want to do. That’s what us old guys call a warning sign.

And i dont say this with any purpose other than to try to watch out for another well intentioned man. Women have a way from turning from “that sweet young thing so sweet and nice” to “that dirty-fucking-cunt won’t let me see my kids and is using them as a weapon against me, taking everything i own and bending me over a barrel until my youngest turns 18” in the blink of an eye.

either way, it’s no skin off my sack. 308pirate is trying to give you solid advice. ignore it at your own peril. Best of luck to you, sir. I hope 308pirate and i are wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAYDIRT
Any reason you are doing the most expensive light weight carbon barrel then putting the worlds heaviest scope on it? Seems counter productive.
I will consider a leupold because I've always had good luck with them. Application is for hunting and range.

Congrats man. Pretty neat action and as a Model 70 guy who loves non rotating claw extractors and mechanical ejection I love the available parts for the Mausingfield.

Still assembling mine slowly. Short Action 6.5 Creed.

7-35 ATACR Mil-xt in the safe for it.

Jumped on the Manners group buy and ordered a PRSTCS for it.
Awesome man! It looks amazing! You gotta tag me in it when you get it done!
Eh homie you get a prenup?

Might wanna get that rifle in a prenup......
Totally agree homie.

I agree but we dont spend our money without consulting one another.

this

“Let” is the start of fights, unhappiness, demasculinate you, and having to ask permission to get to wear your balls that day.

I will say this though, if you prioritize your wants over the needs of your family you are a shit person. Don’t buy shit if you can’t afford it, don’t buy things for yourself when the money would be better spent or needed for family things.

if you have disposable income/ or money set aside for your own wants/needs there is no “Let”.
Agreed. We do have the income. We have a child and I put his needs before our wants. Hes very well taken care of and so is my family.

so i am to assume you get to approve or deny her purchases? yyyyyeah.

most women think what’s theirs is theirs, and what’s your’s is theirs.

either way, it’s no skin off my sack. 308pirate is trying to give you solid advice. ignore it at your own peril.
We just consult one another before spending anything over $500 that's all.