• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Field Precision Rifle Match(FPR) - Louisiana 4/9

Ritten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2007
Houma, Louisiana
F-Class Field Precision Rifle (FPR)- The F-Class Field Precision Rifle match is Saturday April 9th. Registration will begin at 7:30 AM and close at 8:00 AM. First rounds down range at 8:30 AM. Cost is $15 and prizes will be awarded by class.

Directions-
http://www.paloaltogunclub.com/directions.htm

If you have any questions, you can PM Ritten or Chaser2020 or call me at 225-301-1615, as we are the Match Directors. Below are the rules:

F-Class Field Precision Rifle (FPR) –
A. A rifle restricted to a bore diameter no larger than .35 caliber.

B. Barrel length is limited to 26” measured from forward edge of recoil lug to crown of barrel.

C. Repeater style actions only ( blind or detachable magazines).

D. Rifle must be fired off a bipod, rigidly attached to the rifles forend or sling. Bipod must be folding leg design commercially manufactured and will be included in rifles overall weight.

E. Sight magnification will be restricted to 25 power maximum. Higher power magnification optics are allowed, but must be kept to no higher than 25x. It will be checked on the line. Maximum weight including all attachments is 16.5 pounds. No minimum power optics will be required, but you will be shooting 600 yards, so keep that in mind.

F. No portion of the rifles butt or pistol grip may rest on the ground or any hard surface. Class A- No rear bags or mono-pods allowed. Must be supported in rear by competitors body e.g. fist bare or gloved and or shoulder. Class B- A rear bag will be allowed for shooting.

G. Muzzlebrakes will be allowed as long as they do not become a nuisance to other shooters.

H. Legal silencers are allowed and will not be included in barrel maximum length.

Course of Fire:
All shooting is done from prone position. Each shooter will fire 3 x 20 round strings at 600yards. A maximum of four sighting shots can be used during the first string (if a competitor is not on target within the sighters they will not be allowed to continue fire. This is a safety issue so everyone should be prepared before the match with the proper come ups.) Second and third strings will allow a maximum of 2 sighting shots. Squadding will be a conventional three relay rotation. All shooters will be required to score and perform pit duties.

600 yards: 4 sighters in 4 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

1. 20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC (MR-1 Conventional)Target 600 yards for record

600 yards: 2 sighters in 2 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

2. 20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC (MR-1 Conventional)Target 600 yards for record

600 yards: 2 sighters in 2 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

3. 20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC (MR-1 Conventional)Target 600 yards for record

4. Aggregate is score of match 1, 2, & 3

Re: Field Precision Rifle Match(FPR) - Louisiana 4/9

I believe I will be in again. Im having a hard time deciding on whether to use my reloads with rear bag or get some more FGMM with no rear bag.

Still looking forward to next month's match. My 14 year old has caught the bug, I'll be working at getting him up to speed before then (second gun on the way). I"ll see how he does at long range in the next couple weeks before making the decision to bring him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still looking forward to next month's match. My 14 year old has caught the bug, I'll be working at getting him up to speed before then (second gun on the way). I"ll see how he does at long range in the next couple weeks before making the decision to bring him.</div></div>

Awesome! We'll have one of the high power juniors out there on Saturday shooting with us getting ready for the State Regionals the following weekend.

sweet looking forward to Saturday, still need to load my ammo lol.

also ritten thanks for you B.O.V. build thread on BOW its helping a lot with my truck build lol

No problem man! Looks like we're going to have some great weather tomorrow for the match. See everyone there!

Well I had to fix my truck today and wasn't able to load up enough ammo for the match so looks like I am going to have to sit this one out
frown.gif
good luck to you guys and I will see you in MAY

Damn I just saw this and drove all the way up to Shreveport to practice, coming home Sunday.

Ritten hopefully we can have some more matches and i'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Is there anyway we can have a mailing list to get e-mail reminders or announcements of the match.

Hope everything goes well and I'll certainly try and make the next one.

There is an email list. Y'all just shoot me a PM with your address and we'll get you on it! See y'all on the line.

The weather was perfect and the winds were blowing for the 2nd Mid-range Field Precision Rifle match at Palo Alto on Saturday. Nine competitors came out to shoot against determined winds and swarming termites, but the match went smooth, safe, and everyone had a good time. In typical tradition we ran two divisions with five competitors shooting without a rear bag and four shooting with a rear bag.

Ray McClain took the top spot shooting with a bag, and had Kevin Dimartino nipping on his heels all the way to the end where both ended with the same score and x count. The tie breaker was determined by each final relay score. Ted Torres came away with first place honors shooting without a rear bag while putting a new suppressed .308 through it's paces. With over half a dozen shooters putting off till next month our May match is shaping up to be a nice one and we hope for the same mild weather and challenging winds! See you on the line.

Palo Alto Field Precision Rifle Mid-Range

No rear rest

Ted Torres 192-4x 186-4x 182-1x 560-9x 1st Place
Mickey Brinkman 183-1x 186-0x 184-5x 553-6x 2nd Place
Joseph Jones 176-1x 174-1x 162-0x 512-2x
Kenny Bossetta 171-1x 164-0x 139-0x 474-1x
Rick Stewart 170-1x xxxxx xxxxx 170-1x

Rear Rest

Ray McClain 189-4x 194-5x 185-3x 568-12x 1st Place
Kevin Dimartino 192-4x 192-6x 184-2x 568-12x 2nd Place
Paul Kalman 186-5x 182-6x 183-4x 551-15x
John Bishop 176-1x 184-0x 177-3x 537-4x

grin.gif

It was a great day at Palo Alto! Can't wait for the match next month.