• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Field Precision Rifle Match- June 11th, Louisiana

RStewart

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
SE Louisiana
The next FPR match will be held at Palo Alto Rifle and Pistol Club in Donaldsonville, LA on Saturday June 11th.

Registration will begin at 7:30 AM and close at 8:00 AM. First rounds down range at 8:30 AM. Cost is $15 and prizes will be awarded by class.

Directions-
http://www.paloaltogunclub.com/directions.htm

If you have any questions, you can PM Ritten or me or call me at 225-301-1615, as we are the Match Directors. Below are the rules:

F-Class Field Precision Rifle (FPR) –
A. A rifle restricted to a bore diameter no larger than .35 caliber.

B. Barrel length is limited to 26” measured from forward edge of recoil lug to crown of barrel.

C. Repeater style actions only ( blind or detachable magazines).

D. Rifle must be fired off a bipod, rigidly attached to the rifles forend or sling. Bipod must be folding leg design commercially manufactured and will be included in rifles overall weight.

E. Sight magnification will be restricted to 25 power maximum. Higher power magnification optics are allowed, but must be kept to no higher than 25x. It will be checked on the line. Maximum weight including all attachments is 16.5 pounds. No minimum power optics will be required, but you will be shooting 600 yards, so keep that in mind.

F. No portion of the rifles butt or pistol grip may rest on the ground or any hard surface. Class A- No rear bags or mono-pods allowed. Must be supported in rear by competitors body e.g. fist bare or gloved and or shoulder. Class B- A rear bag will be allowed for shooting.

G. Muzzlebrakes will be allowed as long as they do not become a nuisance to other shooters.

H. Legal silencers are allowed and will not be included in barrel maximum length.

Course of Fire:
All shooting is done from prone position. Each shooter will fire 3 x 20 round strings at 600yards. A maximum of four sighting shots can be used during the first string (if a competitor is not on target within the sighters they will not be allowed to continue fire. This is a safety issue so everyone should be prepared before the match with the proper come ups.) Second and third strings will allow a maximum of 2 sighting shots. Squadding will be a conventional three relay rotation. All shooters will be required to score and perform pit duties.

600 yards: 4 sighters in 4 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

1. 20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC (MR-1 Conventional)Target 600 yards for record

600 yards: 2 sighters in 2 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

2. 20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC (MR-1 Conventional)Target 600 yards for record

600 yards: 2 sighters in 2 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

3. 20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC (MR-1 Conventional)Target 600 yards for record

4. Aggregate is score of match 1, 2, & 3

Re: Field Precision Rifle Match- June 11th, Louisiana

I will have to miss this one, will be shooting a firework display in Mississippi that weekend.

I wish all competitors the best of luck for this match

Gonna check and see if I can make this

Had a good turnout and as usual a lot of fun. Gonna add an after match Tactical fun match in July.