• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fierce 7prc over pressure

jsergee

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2012
Well I have a buddy who bought a fierce rouge 7prc. The rifle looks nice but…. When you use factory hornady precision hunter 175gn ammo you need a strong hand to open the bolt.. inspection of the brass and you find extreme ejector marks and it’s cutting brass/swiping them. Had another friend with a new customer prc try the same ammo and no issue. I feel bad that a company can charge 2k for a gun and it’s this wrong… really how does it ever leave their factory with this big of an issue. I will attach a photo of the brass when I get one and some findings when I get a chance to mic some fired brass. At this point the guns a danger to shoot. Anyone else run into this yet

Did they rifle the barrel at least? Heard a lot of horror stories about fierce guess we can add this one to the list

Reactions: FredHammer
No rifling ??!! Mother of god.
What kind of meth heads do they hire to do the machining ?

Well after a bit they stood behind it. Paid to ship it back and rebarrel it. It shoots fine now and they did fix it…. But a “premium” gun from a sporting goods store should not of had the issue to begin with

Reactions: tacoman69
Well I have a buddy who bought a fierce rouge 7prc. The rifle looks nice but…. When you use factory hornady precision hunter 175gn ammo you need a strong hand to open the bolt.. inspection of the brass and you find extreme ejector marks and it’s cutting brass/swiping them. Had another friend with a new customer prc try the same ammo and no issue. I feel bad that a company can charge 2k for a gun and it’s this wrong… really how does it ever leave their factory with this big of an issue. I will attach a photo of the brass when I get one and some findings when I get a chance to mic some fired brass. At this point the guns a danger to shoot. Anyone else run into this yet
Curious if your friends rifle was showing pressure signs out of the gate or not until after it had been fired for a few sessions.

Also curious if he tried more than one lot of ammo.

same rifle, same problem :(

Curious if your friends rifle was showing pressure signs out of the gate or not until after it had been fired for a few sessions.

Also curious if he tried more than one lot of ammo.
happened to me on the first shot with factory ammo and has happened a few times sense. i've never come across that before and i'm not a reloader so i didn't know what it was. now i do :(

So… fierce did fix my buddy’s. They got it back in a week from sending it to them and they rebarreled it. It shoots amazing now and now pressure issues with the same ammo as before.. send it in they will fix it.. sucks they can’t get it right the first time but they did fix it.

So I googled Fierce firearms disaster and found the thread on Rokslide which had this video . BWAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAHH go to 13:30 to see this guy taking pot shots at an elk

• Wow
Reactions: hunter8793
Not defending them at all as it sounds like there are some issues.

Just a comment for any PRC chamber in general. If the reamer is minimum saami (.001 over saami cartridge), there's a fair chance you'll have heavy bolt lift/clickers.

We just had a 300prc that was chambered with an older reamer that was only .001 that had heavy bolt lift with Hornady Precision Hunter ammo.

Alex Wheeler was ahead of all this a while back and has "AW2" reamers spec'd that are maximum saami and .003 larger than the case....so, .002 larger than minimum saami chamber. .001 just isn't enough for magnums in the PRC line. 6.5, 7, and 300prc can have these issues.

Just a heads up to anyone with a PRC flavor that has heavy bolt lift when it shouldn't.