• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fierce carbon fury problem.

Pre64

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2019
Can tuck eee
I bought a new Fierce carbon fury, 6.5 PRC, back in late November, I’ve managed to get a total 12 rounds down range and after 4 rounds today, it has to go back again for the THIRD time because the bolt is locked up. All 3 times the same thing, get a couple rounds down range and all the sudden the bolt locks up. TIGHT! The first time I was told over spray from cerakote, the second time they polised out the chamber, both times they replaced the extractor and several other parts in the bolt that broke when they beat open the action I’m guessing. I tried following their break in process the first 2 times, but couldn‘t because it broke before I could. This time I just cleaned it the first time then shot it. Anyway do you guys have any idea what could cause this? Only shooting Hornady factory ammo, 3 different boxes just in case it was bad ammo. Thanks for any info.

after the 3rd (and even the 2nd) try and failure, i'd be demanding they give you a brand new gun. and frankly they should be offering that and be ashamed and beg for your forgiveness. everyone f's something up here and there, but now 2 and 3 is just carelessness. not sure if where you bought it has any pull but i'd be asking them also to stand up for you.

I just got done reading a long thread about a guy having accuracy problems with a Fierce over on LRH. I think I'll be avoiding that brand.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Talked to a rep at fierce and they where very apologetic, they are going to replace my rifle and even upgrade it to the next model up. Apparently they had a gunsmith that was not up to par and have sent him down the road. So I’m good with that.

Talked to a rep at fierce and they where very apologetic, they are going to replace my rifle and even upgrade it to the next model up. Apparently they had a gunsmith that was not up to par and have sent him down the road. So I’m good with that.
That doesn't explain how the rifle got thru QC. Presumably they're test firing these rifles to ensure they meet their half MOA requirement. Seems to me that doing that requires shooting a few rounds, a situation likely to induce the sort of issue you're experiencing.

Glad that you got it sorted and good on them for solving the problem both short and long term, but having a smith short chamber guns is bad bad bad, and something that their QC folks should have caught.

Reactions: akmike47
That doesn't explain how the rifle got thru QC. Presumably they're test firing these rifles to ensure they meet their half MOA requirement. Seems to me that doing that requires shooting a few rounds, a situation likely to induce the sort of issue you're experiencing.

Glad that you got it sorted and good on them for solving the problem both short and long term, but having a smith short chamber guns is bad bad bad, and something that their QC folks should have caught.
They only include a factory target when you buy the Edge, Carbon Edge and Carbon Titanium Edge. These were the rifles built in Canada who they have now ended their business with. They decided to build them in Utah. Unfortunately they did this with their newer lines like the Rival and Reaper and as we see nothing but problems including a recall. “Remington clone” This is their attempt to keep it all in house. They say they will now attempt to build the replacement for the Edge line. They are calling it the Rage line. “Sako 85 clone” The Rage line that they still have yet to produce. The original made in Canada is as accurate as you will find out of the box. These can be found under the name Antler Arms and are still very accurate.

Reactions: Pre64
They only include a factory target when you buy the Edge, Carbon Edge and Carbon Titanium Edge. These were the rifles built in Canada who they have now ended their business with. They decided to build them in Utah. Unfortunately they did this with their newer lines like the Rival and Reaper and as we see nothing but problems including a recall. “Remington clone” This is their attempt to keep it all in house. They say they will now attempt to build the replacement for the Edge line. They are calling it the Rage line. “Sako 85 clone” The Rage line that they still have yet to produce. The original made in Canada is as accurate as you will find out of the box. These can be found under the name Antler Arms and are still very accurate.
Thanks for the context and for telling me which ones to avoid.

I'll just chime in here that my Rival which I have had nothing but problems with was sent back to Fierce in Utah and came back with the exact same extractor issue that I sent it in for when I got it back. I had to sent it back again and demanded to be given a new upgraded gun which they did. So they sent me a Reaper, which arrived broken as well. I'm waiting for a replacement hand guard to come in for that and I'm praying it shoots, since to date my Fierce rifle that I spent so much money on has never successfully made it more than 30 minutes functioning on a range. Truly debating whether I want to even keep this thing or just sell it for something more reliable. If anyone has ideas on reliable long range guns chambered in 6.5PRC I'd love to hear em haha.

I hate to talk negative about anyone/anything, but just stating an objective fact…Fierce as a company and as a whole, has zero integrity. ZERO. It starts from the CEO on down. If you want a good reliable 6.5 prc, just get the Springfield waypoint 2020. You cannot build a [good] rifle yourself for less.

I hate to talk negative about anyone/anything, but just stating an objective fact…Fierce as a company and as a whole, has zero integrity. ZERO. It starts from the CEO on down. If you want a good reliable 6.5 prc, just get the Springfield waypoint 2020. You cannot build a [good] rifle yourself for less.

LOL I think you may be a Springfield payroll troll. Let me trade in this expensive carbon shitbox for this equally expensive and equally shitty carbon shitbox!

Please just be normal and buy a Tikka, Bergara, or any number of solid/cheaper/non-shitbox factory rifles. Or yes, build a good custom, even if it costs you a couple dollars more than one of these obscure “bUt ITs cArBOn FibER” factory rifles.

The only troll is you. Additionally, no one said anything about carbon or non-carbon. Definitely don’t work or advocate for either company. I own both…one carbon and one non-carbon by both companies.

Very successful company you’re talking about. Do you know John personally? I do and will have to disagree with your attempted character assassin of a business owner.

I'll just chime in here that my Rival which I have had nothing but problems with was sent back to Fierce in Utah and came back with the exact same extractor issue that I sent it in for when I got it back. I had to sent it back again and demanded to be given a new upgraded gun which they did. So they sent me a Reaper, which arrived broken as well. I'm waiting for a replacement hand guard to come in for that and I'm praying it shoots, since to date my Fierce rifle that I spent so much money on has never successfully made it more than 30 minutes functioning on a range. Truly debating whether I want to even keep this thing or just sell it for something more reliable. If anyone has ideas on reliable long range guns chambered in 6.5PRC I'd love to hear em haha.
Tikka