• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors File Format Specs for Efile Form 4?

raider1v1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Hey Guys,

I was trying to find out what the requirements/constraints were for efiling form 4's. What format does my trust and scanned form 4 need to be in? Is there any size requirements or resolution requirements?

Thanks

Mine is in a PDF and good enough resolution where it is clearly legible.

I dont know about any size restriction.

I copied this stuff from an ATF publication. Eform news volume 2, issue 1. It outlines file formats supported and size of attachments for efiling.

When adding attachments make sure that the attachment you are attempting to add is one of the acceptable attach- ment types:
a. Word (.doc, .docs, .docm)
b. Portable Document Format (.pdf)
c. Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlsm)
d. PowerPoint Presentation (.ppt, .pps, .pptx, .pptm)
e. Joint Photographic Expert Group (.jpeg, .jpg)
f. Graphic Interchange Format (.gif).

Attachment Limitations
The maximum size of a single upload for an attachment is 3 MB and the total size of the attachments cannot exceed 30 MB (with a maximum number of attachments of 10 at- tachment for the Forms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, and 10). Forms 6 and 6A may contain a maximum of 10 line attachments per line item (the total submission cannot exceed 30 MB per sub- mission).
Instructions NFA Trust Documents:
We have been advised that, for NFA forms, the size of the trust or corporate documents may exceed the 3 MB limit. If you encounter this situation, we suggest that you split the document into 2 or more ‘packages’ (as needed). When the attachments are added, identify the packages as, for exam- ple, ‘XXX Trust 1 of 3,’ ‘XXX Trust 2 of 3,’ etc.
Note: After you submit the application attachments cannot be added.

I copied this stuff from an ATF publication. Eform news volume 2, issue 1. It outlines file formats supported and size of attachments for efiling.

When adding attachments make sure that the attachment you are attempting to add is one of the acceptable attach- ment types:
a. Word (.doc, .docs, .docm)
b. Portable Document Format (.pdf)
c. Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlsm)
d. PowerPoint Presentation (.ppt, .pps, .pptx, .pptm)
e. Joint Photographic Expert Group (.jpeg, .jpg)
f. Graphic Interchange Format (.gif).

Attachment Limitations
The maximum size of a single upload for an attachment is 3 MB and the total size of the attachments cannot exceed 30 MB (with a maximum number of attachments of 10 at- tachment for the Forms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, and 10). Forms 6 and 6A may contain a maximum of 10 line attachments per line item (the total submission cannot exceed 30 MB per sub- mission).
Instructions NFA Trust Documents:
We have been advised that, for NFA forms, the size of the trust or corporate documents may exceed the 3 MB limit. If you encounter this situation, we suggest that you split the document into 2 or more ‘packages’ (as needed). When the attachments are added, identify the packages as, for exam- ple, ‘XXX Trust 1 of 3,’ ‘XXX Trust 2 of 3,’ etc.
Note: After you submit the application attachments cannot be added.

perfect thanks!

so as long as its readable, its ok. i just wasnt sure if there were dpi rec's, etc.