• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Filled my buck tag!

parkze17

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2011
Parker, PA United States
Well here in PA our archery season kicked off on the 5th of October. I didn't see anything the first day due to the usual jack@$$ driving a truck 60 yards from my stand through a field right before daybreak. It seems to happen to me every year I get in my stand about 2 1/2 hours before dawn so the deer can settle if I spook any and someone has to bring a quad in on me right before daybreak. Anyway the following Monday I went to the same stand just off of a field in some pines where the deer tend to stage before continuing to the field. After some doe and a few small buck I heard one heading towards me through the pines just to my right. I was pretty sure I heard its horns on some of the saplings just on the other side. I stood up and waited about 5 minutes and I saw him wonder out of to my right but i had to wait to draw cause I was pretty exposed. He wondered directly under me so I got situated and drew waiting for him to turn but he walked away from me at 12 O'clock only showing his spine. Finally after what seemed like an eternity he turned to his left. I only had a shot in that direction for maybe 4 feet so as soon as he turned the front of his body I released a 15 yard shot at the back of his front shoulder. I ended up hitting him about 2 inches right but due to the extreme angle of the deer walking away it actually hit back about a foot. The arrow went through both lungs and went through the opposite side right behind its other front shoulder. The deer only ran maybe 30 yards and I heard him crash. I scored it at 134 after deductions and gross 141 3/8. Keep in mind I used a string and in no way claim to be accurate at antler scoring. After they dry 60 days I am going to take it to a Pope and Young official scorer just to get an accurate measure. Good luck to any other hunters this season.

Nice buck. I'm holding out for the rut which starts here in Ohio in a couple weeks. There's a 190" that's number one on the hit list. I don't want to put too much pressure on them when they're still on the acorns. I'll catch him when he's chasing and looking for love.

Congrads, we have been out every day now and have only seen 1 skag rack. They just aren't moving till last light.